A75 scotland 40mph!

So I’ve just done a drop in Dumfries and as you all know the speed limit for HGVs on the A75 is 40mph. Now I can understand cars being impatient and overtaking at every given opportunity but HGVs??

I noticed a wagon in my mirror tailgating me even though I was doing the speed limit for that road. Further up the road he managed to overtake me, whilst cutting in too soon causing me to break ( which he likely did on purpose). This was towards the very end of the A75 so I soon caught up with him on the M6 and he then exited at the following junction. I noticed he gave me the ■■■■■■ gesture as he was exiting and I have to wonder for what? For driving at the speed limit for that section of road. Don’t blame me blame the government for having such a low limit. I aren’t going to risk my licence and points to save someone else 10 minutes.

I know hgv drivers are supposed to be “professional drivers” but you sure get some awful ones.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Or you could have just pulled into a lay-by and let them past rather than impeding the flow of traffic. You must have had some size of queue behind you at that speed and a clear road ahead? Surely hinting to the fact that you’re the problem. Doing 40 on the 75 will gain more unwanted attention than sitting on the limiter will.
Someone will always flash you if there are some baddies round the next bend so don’t worry just keep it flat to the mat.

4yorks:
So I’ve just done a drop in Dumfries and as you all know the speed limit for HGVs on the A75 is 40mph. Now I can understand cars being impatient and overtaking at every given opportunity but HGVs??

I noticed a wagon in my mirror tailgating me even though I was doing the speed limit for that road. Further up the road he managed to overtake me, whilst cutting in too soon causing me to break ( which he likely did on purpose). This was towards the very end of the A75 so I soon caught up with him on the M6 and he then exited at the following junction. I noticed he gave me the [zb] gesture as he was exiting and I have to wonder for what? For driving at the speed limit for that section of road. Don’t blame me blame the government for having such a low limit. I aren’t going to risk my licence and points to save someone else 10 minutes.

I know hgv drivers are supposed to be “professional drivers” but you sure get some awful ones.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

:laughing:

Check the morons comment above for confirmation!

harrawaffa:
Or you could have just pulled into a lay-by and let them past rather than impeding the flow of traffic. You must have had some size of queue behind you at that speed and a clear road ahead? Surely hinting to the fact that you’re the problem. Doing 40 on the 75 will gain more unwanted attention than sitting on the limiter will.
Someone will always flash you if there are some baddies round the next bend so don’t worry just keep it flat to the mat.

Yeh brilliant advice mate, keep it at 56 and get 3 points. :unamused: …Jeez H.

How do you know that this lad has not just got his licence and has come on here to listen to good advice off other (so called) drivers and takes what you have said as gospel.
Ffs :unamused:

Sure if you are holding others up, let them past as I do, (unless they are being an agressive arse then they can ■■■■ sit there)

You are wrong not everybody flashes you to warn you of cameras, you certainly will not always get flashed, and it just takes one not to for you to get caught.

My advice to o/p is you are in the right sticking to the limit, the prick who cut in on you is just that…a prick. :smiling_imp: as just proven there are many about, just ignore and avoid them. :bulb:

If you feel the need let them pass when it is safe, either on a clear straight bit, or pull in to a lay by, but don’t be forced into it.

That must be some kind of record? 10 minutes and two of the holier than thou brigade are out.

Your on the tang super highway, anything below 55mph is tooooo slow, just keep it lit and woooosh.

I hate bully’s, especially lorry driving bully’s. I’ve been in the game long enough to not get intimidated by these ■■■■■■■■ but as rob says I will pull up and let ‘em through if they’re asking nicely. I’m not going to say I’m whiter than white but I’d never dream of bullying another driver because they stick to the limit. Like me they don’t want to be working all day for nothing after paying the speeding fine just to get there 5 or 10 mins earlier. These ■■■■ heads really do need to have a good think about it and realise it ain’t worth it just to be a ‘keep ‘er lit’ hero.

harrawaffa:
That must be some kind of record? 10 minutes and two of the holier than thou brigade are out.

So sorrry mate, I didn’t realise that I came across as a complete ■■■■ who gave ■■■■ ridiculous advice to a new driver…what WAS I thinking.
I’ll try much harder next time.
O/p just ignore what I said and teararse up the road at 56.
:unamused:

Tossers mate, the job was better when the A74 was 40mph too

Them Tangs have another ferry to catch, and an hourly paid plobber, is a hinderence, why not just move over and let him by.

nomiS36:
I hate bully’s, especially lorry driving bully’s. I’ve been in the game long enough to not get intimidated by these [zb] but as rob says I will pull up and let ‘em through if they’re asking nicely. I’m not going to say I’m whiter than white but I’d never dream of bullying another driver because they stick to the limit. Like me they don’t want to be working all day for nothing after paying the speeding fine just to get there 5 or 10 mins earlier. These ■■■■ heads really do need to have a good think about it and realise it ain’t worth it just to be a ‘keep ‘er lit’ hero.

I had one a few years ago on the Fort William road, a log wagon was right up my tube and weaving to get by, I got a bit ■■■■■■ with this 2at and let him pass.
Off he went and guess what …parked up in next lay by. He wasn’t desperate for a break either as he passed 2 lay bys when behind me.
These heroes who keep coming out with the ‘Keep it lit’ crap and treat it as some kind of culture :unamused: are at the best immature and the worst downright ■■■■ dangerous.
You’re driving a 44 tonne vehicle ffs, that is capable of carnage if in the wrong hands, and/or you drive it like a boy racer, get that through your ■■■■ thick swedes!
I make no apologies for sounding like a boring old ■■■■,
( in fact what I just said sounds like that to myself :unamused: )
I agree let them pass…I do that, and I’ve rushed to catch boats myself many times,…but don’t make out they are in the right and the o/p is in the wrong !

It’s got ■■■■ all to do with holier than thou/self righteousness, but it’s everything to do with professionalism.
I don’t give a ■■■■ what the type of prick I mention thinks about my comments…or about me either.
So save your finger wear on your keyboard. :bulb:

robroy:
So sorrry mate, I didn’t realise that I came across as a complete ■■■■ who gave [zb] ridiculous advice to a new driver…what WAS I thinking.

Dry your eyes love.

I will admit i do sit on the limiter on the A75 and hate the 40mph brigade on it.But the same ones that do 40mph are happy to put it on the limiter when on the duel parts or on the overtaking areas. I would like to ask did you sit at 50mph before the motorway on the duel bit or hit the limiter.

harrawaffa:

robroy:
So sorrry mate, I didn’t realise that I came across as a complete ■■■■ who gave [zb] ridiculous advice to a new driver…what WAS I thinking.

Dry your eyes love.

Yeh ok mate, will do…(very mature btw. :unamused: )
A few home truths obviously hurt eh? :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

harrawaffa:

Given that you have stated in the past that you have no issue with deliberately pulling in early to force another driver either to brake or onto the hard shoulder, were you the guilty party?

That said, if you have time to stick to 40mph, you have time to pull in and let the mile-long queue past.

when we were taking stuff up for hospital I’d get them by at beginning , drop in behind then your no plate is covered if there is a van

Colin_scottish:
I will admit i do sit on the limiter on the A75 and hate the 40mph brigade on it.But the same ones that do 40mph are happy to put it on the limiter when on the duel parts or on the overtaking areas. I would like to ask did you sit at 50mph before the motorway on the duel bit or hit the limiter.

I agree that is bloody annoying.
Tbh I get a bit ■■■■■■ with that 40 limit in Scotland nowadays, and admit I don’t stick to it firmly, …I don’t think anybody does (except the supermarket guys)
But sitting willy nilly at 56 aint the best idea on that road I reckon.
If there’s a choice between …
Getting a load there faster and/or impressing my boss.

Or

Keeping a clean licence…
…let me just think about that one for all of half a second. :bulb:

Olog Hai:
Given that you have stated in the past that you have no issue with deliberately pulling in early to force another driver either to brake or onto the hard shoulder.

Now why does that not surprise me, …and presumably everybody else on here. :unamused:

Olog Hai:
Given that you have stated in the past that you have no issue with deliberately pulling in early to force another driver either to brake or onto the hard shoulder, were you the guilty party?

That said, if you have time to stick to 40mph, you have time to pull in and let the mile-long queue past.

:laughing: if it was me he wouldn’t have caught me on the M6.

robroy:

Olog Hai:
Given that you have stated in the past that you have no issue with deliberately pulling in early to force another driver either to brake or onto the hard shoulder.

Now why does that not surprise me, …and presumably everybody else on here. :unamused:

Like you’ve said before, they are car drivers who have somehow fluked their way into obtaining a heavy goods ticket. That’s why you see so many wagons being driven like cars. There’s just no other possible explanation.