Looking for work? Come to France!

I will translate it if you want

20minutes.fr/economie/emploi … re-trouver

Do they pay more than €9 p/h?

Still, if I’m going back over the water, it’ll be to Holland. Interesting times ahead.

I was more interested in the comments section from other French drivers Perriot. I tranlated one that might be of interest to several on here.
Seems eagerbeaver has a french double…

1738/5000
A truck driver must already do away with any consumption of alcohol and drugs (even on weekends, his license guaranteeing his job), be flexible, see very flexible (a day of 9 hours of actual work can very often turn into a day from 12 to 15 hours with mandatory poses, unpaid loading expectations). There are stupid constraints such as for example being away from home for a week and having reached the maximum quota of driving hours, it can block you a few tens of kilometers from home during the weekend, it’s up to you you manage to make the return trip between the vehicle immobilized on a parking lot and your home which further reduces your free time of the weekend. Some transport companies prohibit smoking in their vehicle and are obliged to drive … in reflective yellow vest !!! and you know when you start the day never what time and in what place you finish it, so for appointments doctors, dentists, ceremonies, family burials, even Christmas, you can forget, even if you think you can be present you can be blocked on the road in traffic jams, bad weather, turn indefinitely in unplanned deviations at snail step, I stop I would have 40 years of work to narrate! do not set foot in this business where you are pushed in the back every day to transgress the laws including the highway code, and in case of glitches we remind you that these laws you knew them before driving, and that so you are solely responsible. Carriers have killed the craft and they can bite their fingers forever.

Have to DRIVE in a hi viz vest? :open_mouth:
Wtf for exactly.■■

Anyway,.I thought that was just a trait among some UK drivers who don’t mind in the slightest looking like complete dicks. :smiley:

robroy:
Have to DRIVE in a hi viz vest? :open_mouth:
Wtf for exactly.■■

Anyway,.I thought that was just a trait among some UK drivers who don’t mind in the slightest looking like complete dicks. :smiley:

I think a lot of the above may have been lost in the translation Rob. There are those, on multi-drop that do wear the Hi-viz in the truck, but

Have to DRIVE in a hi viz vest?

I’ve never seen a trunker with it on over here. Regulations for PPE here are quite lax, even to the point of safety footwear, unless you are on the bay loading yourself with the electric pump up. I would suggest that the quote that 2.90.88 has posted is probably some sort of militant and as I’ve already said, some of it may have been lost in the translation.
Look at the first line
" A truck driver must already do away with any consumption of alcohol and drugs (even on weekends, his license guaranteeing his job)"

now is that a complaint or a agreement with the rules?

“and you know when you start the day never what time and in what place you finish it, so for appointments doctors, dentists, ceremonies, family burials, even Christmas, you can forget, even if you think you can be present you can be blocked on the road in traffic jams, bad weather, turn indefinitely in unplanned deviations at snail step”

complete BS, transport office bods are very understanding here if you need time off or need to be back for an appointment and if you are delayed they will do their utmost to get you home.

“I stop I would have 40 years of work to narrate! do not set foot in this business where you are pushed in the back every day to transgress the laws including the highway code, and in case of glitches we remind you that these laws you knew them before driving, and that so you are solely responsible.”

I think this person has some issues!!! Sounds like a poster on TNUK :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Rob, I’ve tried to find the actual comment quoted by 2.90.88 on the report, to see exactly what the person has said, to translate it properly but can’t find it. Reading some of the other comments, it is exactly like those that you find in the English media. And sadly comments that you get on this forum.
There are people that are saying that it is media hype, those that are saying (like in the UK) no youngsters want to come into an “industrie de merde”, I’m sure I don’t need to translate that for you, no incentives, bad pay, long hours etc etc etc.
Funnily though, no mention of bad facilities for drivers, bad tipping times, :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

There are quite a few comments Perriot, I hit the bottom button that I guessed was more comments (I no parlez vous francaise!)) and that one was there.

A truck driver must already do away with any consumption of alcohol and drugs (even on weekends, his license guaranteeing his job)"

Is that correct? Can you not even drink during your (weekend) time off?

the nodding donkey:
Do they pay more than €9 p/h?

Still, if I’m going back over the water, it’ll be to Holland. Interesting times ahead.

ND, wages are around €10.60-€12 p/h guaranteed for 150 hours per month, wether you do the hours or not, anything over that is overtime. WTF I hear you say, but we make it up in the daily allowances.
Here in France wage rates are low so that you stay at the lower levels of annual income, so as to pay very little or even no tax at all. We do not pay tax at source. Our wages are declared to the French tax bureau automatically by the employer and if you are over the threshold they send you a tax bill.

Now here’s the big bonus::::: We get :- well where I work anyway, and before Craig comes up with a comment, we at the STEF Vire depot are the paupers of the company :smiley: :smiley:

Breakfast allowance € 7.26
Lunch meal allowance €15.81
Evening meal allowance €15.81
Night out allowance €26.20
per week day, so if I do 5 days from 06.00 to 19.00 with nights out… I’ll let you get the calculator out :slight_smile:
Rates are higher on Saturday and more again if you are working Sunday/bank holidays
and even more if I go to the UK !

Now these subsidies are ALL … TAX FREE !!!

I don’t have to give receipts, these are standard payments, so if you are out in the truck at whatever time of day or night, you will get these payments, eat in the truck or eat in a routier, you will get these payments, TAX FREE!

My average monthly wage is around €3000

the nodding donkey:

A truck driver must already do away with any consumption of alcohol and drugs (even on weekends, his license guaranteeing his job)"

Is that correct? Can you not even drink during your (weekend) time off?

Don’t be silly, I’m typing as we speak… Sorry I’m drinking as I type :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Been off since Friday ND

Tres bien.

Maybe I should brush up on my French…

Twoninety88:
There are quite a few comments Perriot, I hit the bottom button that I guessed was more comments (I no parlez vous francaise!)) and that one was there.

Not a problem pal. Lots of things get lost in translations

pierrot 14:
Been off since Friday ND

Me too. Back in on Wednesday. Do they have a 4on-4off rota in France? I guess not, with the blanket weekend bans.

the nodding donkey:

pierrot 14:
Been off since Friday ND

Me too. Back in on Wednesday. Do they have a 4on-4off rota in France? I guess not, with the blanket weekend bans.

Never heard of that system here, as you say weekend bans wouldn’t allow it for general freight, but fridges can run Sundays and B/hols, but I haven’t heard of any fridge companies doing that system here, probably an English thing to do with the demand. Sunday opening is very rare here for the big supermarkets, there are a few that open Sunday morning, but still yet to find any 24 hour shops, we’re still a civilized non-rushed off our ■■■ country. :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:
Where I work, because it’s fridge work and we can run Sundays/Bank Hols, we have drivers that start all days of the week.
For national work it’s normally a Sunday/Monday start and normally for a 5/6 day week, wether its local distribution or nights away on national distribution.
The international drivers that go to England can start on Saturday/Sunday/Tuesday/Thursday normally on a 5 day rota. It’s our choice what day we want to start on, depending on our home life style. Some like to be away at the weekends others don’t. I leave for England every other Sunday, my choice. It’s more driver friendly here.

pierrot 14:

the nodding donkey:

pierrot 14:
Been off since Friday ND

Never heard of that system here, as you say weekend bans wouldn’t allow it for general freight, but fridges can run Sundays and B/hols, but I haven’t heard of any fridge companies doing that system here, probably an English thing to do with the demand. Sunday opening is very rare here for the big supermarkets, there are a few that open Sunday morning, but still yet to find any 24 hour shops, we’re still a civilized non-rushed off our ■■■ country. :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:
Where I work, because it’s fridge work and we can run Sundays/Bank Hols, we have drivers that start all days of the week.
For national work it’s normally a Sunday/Monday start and normally for a 5/6 day week, wether its local distribution or nights away on national distribution.
The international drivers that go to England can start on Saturday/Sunday/Tuesday/Thursday normally on a 5 day rota. It’s our choice what day we want to start on, depending on our home life style. Some like to be away at the weekends others don’t. I leave for England every other Sunday, my choice. It’s more driver friendly here.

Have you any Brits driving for you pierrrot?
The only French firm I know left who do this are Transportes St Arnould.
In fact I was offered a job there around 2004 ish.

robroy:

pierrot 14:

the nodding donkey:

pierrot 14:
Been off since Friday ND

Have you any Brits driving for you pierrrot?
The only French firm I know left who do this are Transportes St Arnould.
In fact I was offered a job there around 2004 ish.

Rob, when you say “driving for me”, I’m just a driver like the rest of you, I don’t employ anybody, I couldn’t stand the stress of having to put up with people like… ME !! or even you lot :laughing: :laughing:
But if it’s a general enquiry about are there any Brits that drive over here, well yes there are quite a few.

Double post

Oh what ? triple post :imp: :imp:

For Flip sake !!! :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:
Quadruple post

WTF is going on, I only pressed the key once

Sorry everyone, nothing to do with the Ricard before dinner, wine during dinner, or even the Calvados afteeeeeeeerrrrrrr dinnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnneeeeeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrr :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: