Medical at 45

My C entitlement ran out on my 45th in October and due to moving and going away on holiday I didn’t get round to doing my medical on time. My question is do I need to send a note with my medical informing the DVLA why I didn’t do my medical on time or is it unnecessary and should only send the medical forms?

Just do the medical and send off the relevant forms, no additional explanation required.

As said, just send the medical form, no explanation of why it’s late is required.

Sent from my mobile.

when I reached 45 I didn’t renew mine until 8 months later , just did medical and sent off D2/D4 forms ( available from larger post offices ) no problem encountered and licence runs from new date , not birthday…

My recent renewal forms stated on them, that there is a time limit…i think its 3 months…but within that time it should be ok…if not you can ask dvla for some more.

truckyboy:
My recent renewal forms stated on them, that there is a time limit…i think its 3 months…but within that time it should be ok…if not you can ask dvla for some more.

Are you sure that’s not the time period that the medical lasts, from memory the medical has to be taken within the preceding 12 weeks of the licence application.

Yes D4 states 4months

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes tachograph…i remember seeing it…but wasnt sure what one it was printed on…but i was close wasnt I. :smiley:

truckyboy:
Yes tachograph…i remember seeing it…but wasnt sure what one it was printed on…but i was close wasnt I. :smiley:

You was close but no cigar :wink: