Woolworths distribution centres

Own Account Driver:

largebloke1969:

Own Account Driver:

moomooland:
Took these at the Rochdale depot after closure in January 2009.
With the closure of all the Woolworth’s stores in early 2009 the distribution depots in Rochdale and Swindon also closed down after all the remaining stock in the warehouse had been delivered.
The depot in Rochdale above, which was also the head office, was quite a large one and used to employ over 600 staff of which 126 were drivers.

Those tandem double deckers they had were the most arse clenching trailers I’ve ever pulled. They used to go nuts in the tramlines. Guess all those cages went in a scrap metal skip.

Nope home bargains bout a [zb] of em and not to sure if b and m did aswell , I know b and m bought quite a few double deckers aswell .
I did 6 years at Rochdale was a good job and relief shunting at Christmas by ■■■ them bays were tight :smiley:

If there were some cheap double deck box van trailers, that should have been scrapped about five years earlier, going I doubt B&M Bargains could have resisted them.

To be fair a lot of the ones they bought were bout 3 years old with the sloping roof and floating decks , they did have a few aswell like in the picture above which wernt bad either , think all the very old ■■■■■ git scrapped .
A lot of the kit ended up in Pullman’s yard in Avonmouth , there’s quite a few of the single deckers dotted around Bristol etc in fields with adverts on them