Top three best drivers of Britain

We are looking for Britains best driver top three. Please nominate any driver you know, who would fit that category…

1. As a pedant yourself you must realise that “best” is an absolute so surely there can only be one?
  2. I’ve got no nominations for “best” one. I’ve got a huge list of candidates for “worst”, though.
  3. What prize for the winner?
    New truck or early retirement?

Sent from my GT-S7275R using Tapatalk

Who exactly are “We” ?

I think you’ll find this as a p-take of a previous post, that has since been taken off by its poster, no names mentioned :laughing: :laughing:
maybe you missed it.

Me Myself and I :laughing:

I reckon I am numero uno.

Driven curtainsiders all the way to London and back. Ave it :wink:

pierrot 14:
I think you’ll find this as a p-take of a previous post, that has since been taken off by its poster, no names mentioned :laughing: :laughing:
maybe you missed it.

if it was my post I’ve not took it off , I’d not know how to , I’d be asking the moderators

eagerbeaver:
I reckon I am numero uno.

Driven curtainsiders all the way to London and back. Ave it :wink:

no it’s defenitley Adrian. :wink: :unamused:

what about dozy

Lewis Hamilton

Old Scuffer:
Lewis Hamilton

No way! He’s too young to have taken an Eaton twin-split on the old road before they opened that tunnel on The Blanc.

He said nominate a “best driver”
Never mentioned what the driver needed to be driving or when!

In which case here’s my 3 (or 1 if yer cynical)
Dozy
UKTramp
Joe (golden hi vis or whatever he has)

Well?
How many nominations does that count for?
Maybe 2, or just the 1?

Or if you count personalities? Maybe 3 dozen?

I have probably driven longer, wider , heavier than almost all on here, also travelled most of Europe and in each sphere of working there are guys I look up to and aspire to be as good as - so I wont make your top ten list- because I simply believe that the day you think your number 1 and stop learning, by experience or from others , is the day to hang your keys up and walk away from the job- no-one has this job with all its options and complexities down pat and any one who thinks they have shouldn’t be allowed any where near a truck

Well for different reasons I choose the three below for their posts on here.
One for being funny, one for looking at things from “My” type of OD perspective with some humour and lastly one that sounds like a proper driver.
So
Robroy, Dipper and Harry you better work out which is your category !

Rikki-UK:
I have probably driven longer, wider , heavier than almost all on here, also travelled most of Europe and in each sphere of working there are guys I look up to and aspire to be as good as - so I wont make your top ten list- because I simply believe that the day you think your number 1 and stop learning, by experience or from others , is the day to hang your keys up and walk away from the job- no-one has this job with all its options and complexities down pat and any one who thinks they have shouldn’t be allowed any where near a truck

100% Rikki

Like you I’ve been hauling quite a few years. You often hear some old ditherer that says he knows it all and “you wont teach me anything”, they just make me laugh.
I’ve always said, every day is a new day, that will bring you something new, things that you haven’t seen before, a route that you used to do regular for years and they’ve now put in a by-pass or something with weight restrictions etc., some new innovation, especially nowadays where they are putting more and more new gadgets into our work horses.
Having done agency for quite a few years in the past, I drove all the different makes and models but sometimes went to a place and they said "you’ve driven a Renault? (other makes available, lol ) , yes I said, gets to it and it’s a brand new model that I’ve never driven. Simples, look in lockers for manual, spend 15/30 minutes accustomising yourself to the motor and even asking a driver at the depot.
I’ll admit to one occasion, happened about 3 years ago on agency at Lenhams. Going round doing my checks on a rigid, lights etc ok, wanted to make sure that the tail lift was ok, button in cab on, had my little red plastic key to turn on the power, do you think I could find where to put it? Asked one of their drivers, he couldn’t find it either, actually had to go to the workshop, the 2 of us, to ask one of the mechanics. :slight_smile:

I can’t deny I’d be knocking around in the top 2 somewhere tbh.

Categories:

Best Paid - Lewis Hamilton
Longest Hours - ?
Longest years in service - ?

Driver that can wear the most hats? :stuck_out_tongue:

1. Andrew Holden
  2. Keith Jackson
  3. Darren Bent

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

, 1 :- Lee Westwood

, 2:- Justin Rose

, 3:- Paul Casey