Job change

Hi chaps how are we all doing■■? Keeping busy I hope!!! Im looking to change jobs as I am fed up with the doosh that I’m working for at the minute. I want to stay in the immingham area as I live close by, my neighbour works at DSV and he highly recommends it so much. Anyone have any thoughts on this thanks chaps

Well I’ve been with them as an employee now for 7 years, I’d give them 9.5 out of 10. Of course like anywhere they want their pound of flesh but all legal and above board. In house training for cpc and adr etc. Not sure about shift system Immingham heard some are 4 on 4 off. HTH.

Fenwicks in Beelsby may be looking sooner than they think, or his cousin at Beelsby Farming Contractors…

Fancying something new myself after the week I’ve had

Where’s Radar19, DSV is his lot and I saw him only writing good stuff about them on here.

Otherwise try HPL (Humber Port Logistics) or Smeets Ferry and MSB Haulage (Small Operator) looking for trampers.

But HPL or DSV are very good indeed.

Wasnt DSV the EX nobby dressingtable ■■ or am i getting mixed up…and if so…anyone know why the name change.

truckyboy:
Wasnt DSV the EX nobby dressingtable ■■ or am i getting mixed up…and if so…anyone know why the name change.

No that’s XPO

DSV is the old DFDS

Volvo147:
Hi chaps how are we all doing■■? Keeping busy I hope!!! Im looking to change jobs as I am fed up with the doosh that I’m working for at the minute. I want to stay in the immingham area as I live close by, my neighbour works at DSV and he highly recommends it so much. Anyone have any thoughts on this thanks chaps

Your taxi is here.

images-50.jpg

the nodding donkey:

Volvo147:

Your taxi is here.

:laughing:

New to this but if somebody could link me in to the driver working for DSV it would be appreciated. As I said I live in the immingham area, have worked as a DVSA/VOSA Enforcement officer at the immingham depot and am currently working as a compliance manager for a small operator in stallingborough.

Just search for Radar19 and send him a PM. He’s a helpful bloke, I spoke to him a couple of times when he was on rigids for DFDS.

By the way…can I have my £100 back you stung me for in Dec 16 for running with no number plate on the trailer? Saturday afternoon as well… gutted I was :slight_smile:

I’ve done agency in DSV and ran for them via a few subbies and they couldn’t organise a ■■■■ up in a brewery but the job is like any other ferry trailer outfit in Immingham so it’s all down to Ts&Cs and I can’t help you there mate.

All the best

Cheers Pierrot…thats cleared my brain now… :smiley:

I had to say it twice…in case you didnt hear the first time…oops…clear it mod if you will.

Been with DSV for 13 years now. 4 on 4 off apart from the first 6 months. They are an OK company and they do run straight (apart from the odd number plate, me too Ako!!)
I’ve gotta say though that due to recent managerial changes morale amongst a lot of the drivers isn’t the best. Wage increases each year aren’t great and driver facilities at the Immingham depot are quite frankly a disgrace. However after saying all that with only 4 years to retirement I’ll be sticking it out.

truckyboy:
I had to say it twice…in case you didnt hear the first time…oops…clear it mod if you will.

I’M NOT DEAF !!! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Sorry about shouting, it’s something that deaf people do, along with denying that THEY’RE NOT DEAF :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Tipperdipper1:
Where’s Radar19, DSV is his lot and I saw him only writing good stuff about them on here.

Otherwise try HPL (Humber Port Logistics) or Smeets Ferry and MSB Haulage (Small Operator) looking for trampers.

Had a look at Smeets…lots of penalties/clawbacks from basic salary e.g. each driver allowed 5 litres diesel a week allowance for engine idling; if its more they charge you. Decided to look elsewhere but each to their own.

BubbaC:

Tipperdipper1:

Had a look at Smeets…lots of penalties/clawbacks from basic salary e.g. each driver allowed 5 litres diesel a week allowance for engine idling; if its more they charge you. Decided to look elsewhere but each to their own.

I knew why I didn’t take the job there.

The salary sounds good in the first moment with them BUT when you than consider you could work easy up to 71 hours in 5 days including breaks, you will find that your hourly wage goes rapidly down.

I didn’t know about the penalties. One reason more not to work there.

truckyboy:

Tis done mate. :wink:

tezza:
Been with DSV for 13 years now. 4 on 4 off apart from the first 6 months. They are an OK company and they do run straight (apart from the odd number plate, me too Ako!!)
I’ve gotta say though that due to recent managerial changes morale amongst a lot of the drivers isn’t the best. Wage increases each year aren’t great and driver facilities at the Immingham depot are quite frankly a disgrace. However after saying all that with only 4 years to retirement I’ll be sticking it out.

Tezza, you probably can’t answer this on open forum but I’m guessing that prick Stuart Sowerby has something to do with low morale…just my experience from an agency/subby perspective :slight_smile: