Special kind of stupid yet again

bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-sout … s-42772350

It beggars belief it really does.

Probably a drunk agency EE. :slight_smile:

I’ve just had look on street view [emoji33][emoji33][emoji33] I wouldn’t even take a transit Luton down there let alone a 44t artic

Looks like a small lane which takes you to your garage at the end of your back garden :smiley: :open_mouth:

Even someone with the worst spatial awareness would have realised they where trying to get a camel through the eye of a needle surely?

At least he/she had enough food to keep them going. Wonder if the residents complained about the fridge running all night?

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Almost as stupid as the Turner’s truck that decided to overtake me at the 1 mile board for the motorway closure at J20 last night.

Trying to overtake a slower truck at the 1 mile marker was never going to work really was it, I did initially hold my ground as we passed the 800 and 600 yard marker by which time he had only just about made it level with me but instead of accepting he made a poor decision and backing off he kept on going.

I had 2 choices carry on and either stick him in the cones or risk him side swiping me so I backed off as that was the only sensible outcome and gave him plenty of expletives lights and horn just to make my disapproval known.

He had plenty of warning he was going to run out of road but no I’m going to go for it anyway, that’s half the problem in a rush paid peanuts and a bit dumb.

There are too many idiots gaining car licences let alone truck licences these days. It’s only going to get worse.

From the direction he came from it’s it’s a perfectly wide enough A road which runs past a hospital then carries on eventually becoming single track (nothing new there in wales and certainly not unheard of for hgvs to use) and then becomes as shown in the picture.
Had a quick look and couldn’t see any signs showing the driver of the impending doom ahead…

EDIT…
Scrap that he clearly missed these 2 signs :smiley:

But…

He’s Dcpc qualified.

This shouldn’t be happening because everyone’s been trained now.

simcor:
Almost as stupid as the Turner’s truck that decided to overtake me at the 1 mile board for the motorway closure at J20 last night.

Trying to overtake a slower truck at the 1 mile marker was never going to work really was it, I did initially hold my ground as we passed the 800 and 600 yard marker by which time he had only just about made it level with me but instead of accepting he made a poor decision and backing off he kept on going.

I had 2 choices carry on and either stick him in the cones or risk him side swiping me so I backed off as that was the only sensible outcome and gave him plenty of expletives lights and horn just to make my disapproval known.

He had plenty of warning he was going to run out of road but no I’m going to go for it anyway, that’s half the problem in a rush paid peanuts and a bit dumb.

There are too many idiots gaining car licences let alone truck licences these days. It’s only going to get worse.

I know exactly what you’re saying mate, crap driver, crap decision, total wind up.
However …if that had been me, I would just have backed off gradually a few clicks and let him in :bulb: , rather than as you say ‘‘hold my ground’’ .

That way it’s zero stress, you don’t get wound up enough to do the flash/horns thing, and post it on a forum, and as he ■■■■ s off into the sunset you can sit smug safe in the knowledge that you aint as bad as what he is. :bulb:

simcor:

Can do better than that. Had an owner driver in a Scottish livestock wagon start to overtake me AFTER the 1 mile marker for M6 J42 exit. We’d reached the point of the sliproad when he decided to stick his indicators on and riding the white lines before he’d finished passing me. It was only because I’d worked out that he was wanting to exit to go to Golden Fleece services that I backed off. He then carved across the front of me and went bombing up the sliproad.

Seems like he got lost after being diverted off the (closed) M4. As a regular victim of road closures myself, I have some sympathy with this driver.

However, there comes a point when you have to pull over and get the map out. In this guys case, about 5 miles before there.

robroy:

simcor:

I know exactly what you’re saying mate, crap driver, crap decision, total wind up.
However …if that had been me, I would just have backed off gradually a few clicks and let him in :bulb: , rather than as you say ‘‘hold my ground’’ .

That way it’s zero stress, you don’t get wound up enough to do the flash/horns thing, and post it on a forum, and as he [zb] s off into the sunset you can sit smug safe in the knowledge that you aint as bad as what he is. :bulb:

Totally agree it just ■■■■■■ me off he decided to try it when he didn’t have time or enough ummph to get past me in time.

Just felt like being a knob for the sake of it on this particular occasion cause I could, if you can’t beat em join em. I’m just a little bit pedantic you see sometimes. I wouldn’t have even bothered trying to overtake that late even if it’s a truck doing 52mph or if I had genuinely made a stupid decision I would have backed off and dropped back in.

It wasn’t to complain about as such, more pointing out the plonkers that are out there making bad decisions but then carrying on regardless and hoping something will give rather than forward planning and knowing when to give in.

Then again it was a Turner’s motor so that tells a lot.

I’m only human and my patience gets tested a lot these days with idiots but you are correct it makes me no better than him on this occasion.

I just hate the whole we are supposed to be better than everyone else and should always make allowances for idiots, everyone should drive to the same high standard otherwise don’t drive simple as that.

That’s why driving ha become a rat race to he bottom.

Conor:

simcor:

Can do better than that. Had an owner driver in a Scottish livestock wagon start to overtake me AFTER the 1 mile marker for M6 J42 exit. We’d reached the point of the sliproad when he decided to stick his indicators on and riding the white lines before he’d finished passing me. It was only because I’d worked out that he was wanting to exit to go to Golden Fleece services that I backed off. He then carved across the front of me and went bombing up the sliproad.

Yep have plenty of numpties like that just every now and then it annoys the crap out of me. Same with donkeys that overtake you at 56 into the roadworks and then slow down to 50mph what was the point, then give you a dirty look for overtaking at the genuine crime of 52mph in the average speed limit. Hint in average lol

robroy:

simcor:

That way it’s zero stress, you don’t get wound up enough to do the flash/horns thing, and post it on a forum, and as he [zb] s off into the sunset you can sit smug safe in the knowledge that you aint as bad as what he is. :bulb:

Good on you. I would have had him in the cones.

Not sure if it is a Turners company policy, but a few years ago the M4 at Reading was closed Westbound, sending all traffic of, into Reading for the A4… an hour crawling along the M4 to the junction, 20 minutes on the slip to the roundabout, in the centre lane to go right. The left lane, to turn left, was busy, but moving quicker. Because it was only used by people turning left. Apart from the Turners fridge jockski who decided that going to the top in the left hand lane would save him some time, and thinking that I would find it acceptable for him to then come around me, and cut in front.
Yeah right. But this time I had enough, realising that there would be another hour or two of this going through Reading, so I blokked him off. He seemed displeased with my manoeuvre, and started gesticulating about me letting him past and in. Seeing as my Polish is very limited, I answered with international sign language. He misinterpreted my signal as to mean “go ahead my friend, we can all make a mistake”, and attempted to get around me using the verge. Seeing however that my signal in fact meant “go ■■■■ yourself you ■■■■■■■ ■■■■■■ I closed the minimal gap that was there.

When I worked for Turners on the milk, the Soham depot was well known for scrapping the barrel even then, employing East Euro drivers who were ■■■■.

simcor:
Totally agree it just ■■■■■■ me off he decided to try it when he didn’t have time or enough ummph to get past me in time.

Just felt like being a knob for the sake of it on this particular occasion cause I could, if you can’t beat em join em. I’m just a little bit pedantic you see sometimes. I wouldn’t have even bothered trying to overtake that late even if it’s a truck doing 52mph or if I had genuinely made a stupid decision I would have backed off and dropped back in.

It wasn’t to complain about as such, more pointing out the plonkers that are out there making bad decisions but then carrying on regardless and hoping something will give rather than forward planning and knowing when to give in.

Then again it was a Turner’s motor so that tells a lot.

I’m only human and my patience gets tested a lot these days with idiots but you are correct it makes me no better than him on this occasion.

I just hate the whole we are supposed to be better than everyone else and should always make allowances for idiots, everyone should drive to the same high standard otherwise don’t drive simple as that.

That’s why driving ha become a rat race to he bottom.

Mate…you’re preaching to the converted here, I just like you have to put up with these dicks who have managed to blag Class 1s every day.
Thing is in your scenario I tend to think if he’s thick enough to try that, he’s more than capable of putting me off the road and just ■■■■ ing off afterwards, so I treat these guys with trepidation and caution.

I too lose it sometimes, my particular pet hate are the pricks who cut in on me after ‘‘almost’’ overtaking, instead of waiting either for a flash or until they are sure they have left me enough space, I just want to kneecap the bastds. Difference is there is nothing I can do to make the situation better, I just have to watch them and take evasive action. :smiling_imp:

the nodding donkey:

Not sure if it is a Turners company policy, but a few years ago the M4 at Reading was closed Westbound, sending all traffic of, into Reading for the A4… an hour crawling along the M4 to the junction, 20 minutes on the slip to the roundabout, in the centre lane to go right. The left lane, to turn left, was busy, but moving quicker. Because it was only used by people turning left. Apart from the Turners fridge jockski who decided that going to the top in the left hand lane would save him some time, and thinking that I would find it acceptable for him to then come around me, and cut in front.
Yeah right. But this time I had enough, realising that there would be another hour or two of this going through Reading, so I blokked him off. He seemed displeased with my manoeuvre, and started gesticulating about me letting him past and in. Seeing as my Polish is very limited, I answered with international sign language. He misinterpreted my signal as to mean “go ahead my friend, we can all make a mistake”, and attempted to get around me using the verge. Seeing however that my signal in fact meant “go [zb] yourself you [zb] [zb]”, I closed the minimal gap that was there.

When I worked for Turners on the milk, the Soham depot was well known for scrapping the barrel even then, employing East Euro drivers who were [zb].

I know I’m coming across as a bit ‘holier than thou’ ND :blush:
Thing is mate as I said we all have off days where we can’t be arsed with d/heads on the road, and you expect that type of crap from motorists rather than fellow drivers, but surely you can’t argue that part of the difference between being a pro, and not being a pro in terms of behaviour, is how you react to all this type of crap.
Using your truck as either a deliberate block off to another truck (ok for cars though :laughing: ) or worse a weapon is a definite no no in my book bud.
Sorry for the sermon lecture btw, off to polish my halo. :smiley:

robroy:

the nodding donkey:

Yeah right. But this time I had enough, realising that there would be another hour or two of this going through Reading, so I blokked him off. He seemed displeased with my manoeuvre, and started gesticulating about me letting him past and in. Seeing as my Polish is very limited, I answered with international sign language. He misinterpreted my signal as to mean “go ahead my friend, we can all make a mistake”, and attempted to get around me using the verge. Seeing however that my signal in fact meant “go [zb] yourself you [zb] [zb]”, I closed the minimal gap that was there.

When I worked for Turners on the milk, the Soham depot was well known for scrapping the barrel even then, employing East Euro drivers who were [zb].

I know I’m coming across as a bit ‘holier than thou’ ND :blush:
Thing is mate as I said we all have off days where we can’t be arsed with d/heads on the road, and you expect that type of crap from motorists rather than fellow drivers, but surely you can’t argue that part of the difference between being a pro, and not being a pro in terms of behaviour, is how you react to all this type of crap.
Using your truck as either a deliberate block off to another truck (ok for cars though :laughing: ) or worse a weapon is a definite no no in my book bud.
Sorry for the sermon lecture btw, off to polish my halo. :smiley:

I do of course agree with you, because I’m a composite professional, like yourself. No really, of course I usually anticipate others ■■■■ wittery and take action to avoid a problem, and smooth out my day. It’s beter to avoid and accident, than to have to argue that you were in the right.
BUT…
Every time you allow one of these deliberate bellends in, it justifies their action, and they keep doing it. So occasionally I put one in his place.

And no, I don’t feel bad about that. :grimacing: :grimacing:

The Google pic of the entrance to that road looks too much like the type of road I use every week for my liking.
I usually ring the farmers prior to delivery, for directions and reassurance of access, but some of the ■■■■ s have a tendency to say anything just to get their delivery. :smiling_imp:
So I sincerely hope I don’t ever end up on a thread like this one day :open_mouth: :smiley:

robroy:

simcor:

Back off to a crawl and let him in then go for an overtake at the half mile and exit the motorway even if you don’t need to on the basis of don’t get mad get even. :smiling_imp: :laughing: