Jobs at Argos

Just seen an advert for jobs at Argos. Full or part time. This isn’t driving, it’s working in the stores. Wage…£9 per hour starting out. Where does that figure ring a bell? Oh yeah it’s the average going rate for driving a 44 ton truck about :unamused: :unamused:

Their Fast Track drivers get £7.66/hr,and you need to be “Friendly,happy and motivated !”…hold me back :laughing: :laughing:

Here we go again. “You get paid more stacking shelves… blah… blah… blah…”
But given a straight choice, between driving for £7.60, or working in a warehouse or stacking shelves for £9, which one would you choose?
Employers know this, that’s why drivers wages aren’t going up.

the nodding donkey:
But given a straight choice, between driving for £7.60, or working in a warehouse or stacking shelves for £9, which one would you choose?

I’d choose stacking shelves and working 8hrs a day :smiley:
But luckily for me my employer pays well over what Argos pay for stacking shelves :laughing:

the nodding donkey:

IF I was only after 40 hours a week I’d probably go for the job where I know my start and finish time every day.

If I want max earnings than obviously I’d stick with the truck driving to max hours. Which is the case at the moment. Need the money more than I can sacrifice it for time at home to get a social life back. Once I can afford to though I’d certainly consider where I’d be better off!

what about a paramedic , bloke who was sent out to me recently was a ex Lorry driver who had retrained and become a paramedic , never got involved in hours / money , but as a alternative to Lorry driving I’d of thought a lot more rewarding than shelf stacking
i think if you want a alternative to Lorry driving it’s has to be something that has a interest to you , or you’ll soon get bored and end up back at square 1 driving a Lorry again

Rowley010:
If I want max earnings than obviously I’d stick with the truck driving to max hours.

If I want max earnings the last place I’d be in a truck as it takes most truck drivers 50+hrs to earn the national average for a 40hr week.

Conor:

Rowley010:
If I want max earnings than obviously I’d stick with the truck driving to max hours.

If I want max earnings the last place I’d be in a truck as it takes most truck drivers 50+hrs to earn the national average for a 40hr week.

ons.gov.uk/visualisations/n … nt/dvc126/

According to the latest figures, the average employee works 37.3 hours per week and earns £478. ■■■ packet calculations say that’s £12.80 per hour.

ons.gov.uk/employmentandlab … rkinghours

Conor:

Rowley010:

You got a source for the pish you just made up there?

A.