Driver pulled over on break on M40

Looks like he had just made his 9 hours off before getting rumbled

oxfordmail.co.uk/news/158856 … nine_hours

Never mind fines only, it should be a hard line zero tolerance in these cases.
Confiscate the load, and the truck and trailer and scrap it.
Jail the driver, revoke his licence, and only then start the fine process. :bulb:

It’s the only way to rid the industry of these ■■■■ cowboy operators and drivers, and get the ■■■■ s off our roads for good for a safer environment and a more professional image for the industry.
And not just for foreigners either, UK and Paddys included. :smiling_imp:
A strong message needs to be sent that these ■■■■.s are no longer wanted in the job by the rest of us. :bulb:

robroy:
Jail the driver, revoke his licence, and only then start the fine process. :bulb:

It’s the only way to rid the industry of these [zb] cowboy operators and drivers, and get the [zb] s off our roads for good for a safer environment and a more professional image for the industry.
A strong message needs to be sent that these [zb].s are no longer wanted in the job by the rest of us. :bulb:

+1

robroy:

It’s the only way to rid the industry of these [zb] cowboy operators and drivers, and get the [zb] s off our roads for good for a safer environment and a more professional image for the industry.
A strong message needs to be sent that these [zb].s are no longer wanted in the job by the rest of us. :bulb:

Cant argue with much of that, so I wont.
Even if the load isnt confiscated, at least its being delayed, so maybe the sender will wonder whether searching for the (presumably) cheapest haulier is worth it?

spot on Robroy. Too many taking the p**s, especially foreigners. How do they get away with leaving the UK having fines stacked up against them, toll non payment, daily levy non payment. Too many over here that are illegal in my experience of having dealt with them. And too many have complete disregard for our laws.

robroy:

Couldn’t agree more.

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

And an British driver would never do that.

At least it was a full European affair, German trailer, Bulgarian unit, and Turkish driver on a German licence.

I agree with Rob for the punishment…there is NO excuse whatsoever…but a ban wont work…unless its rigidly enforced…a licence can be replaced, as can a passport by saying they were stolen…so that gets around that problem…but this practice has been going on for years…even the paddys were using it… I had to laugh at one of the posters from the report saying…and i quote: I am a uk trained HGV driver…and i know for a fact that licences can be bought in many countries in europe `…i have travelled extensively throughout the whole of europe, and never heard of that…i have heard of very easy tests to gain a hgv…but never to pay for one…made me smile…perhaps its true. ?
As for the big fines for the turk, with a german licence, a german trailer and a bulgarian tractor unit…if his passport is held ( like they do in other countries to us )…then he cant do a runner…but would the uk police hold his passport/licence ■■..I once asked a uk passport controller in dover…he said, no one can hold your passport unless they are from passport control, or immigration officers…try telling that to the French…german…or other european police.

truckyboy:
I agree with Rob for the punishment…there is NO excuse whatsoever…but a ban wont work…unless its rigidly enforced…a licence can be replaced, as can a passport by saying they were stolen…so that gets around that problem…but this practice has been going on for years…even the paddys were using it… I had to laugh at one of the posters from the report saying…and i quote: I am a uk trained HGV driver…and i know for a fact that licences can be bought in many countries in europe `…i have travelled extensively throughout the whole of europe, and never heard of that…i have heard of very easy tests to gain a hgv…but never to pay for one…made me smile…perhaps its true. ?
As for the big fines for the turk, with a german licence, a german trailer and a bulgarian tractor unit…if his passport is held ( like they do in other countries to us )…then he cant do a runner…but would the uk police hold his passport/licence ■■..I once asked a uk passport controller in dover…he said, no one can hold your passport unless they are from passport control, or immigration officers…try telling that to the French…german…or other european police.

Im not sure on this but, a Government can hold a foreign nationals passport if theyve been accused/charged of a crime. It may be that a UK Police officer doesnt have the authority to do that themselves, but Custom/Immigration do. It may be that the French etc Govs do give that authority to their Police officers. Similarly some years back many French Douaniers went onto courses to learn about tacho laws and how to read discs. I dont think UK Customs have any authority to look at your tachos, but as properly trained and authorized Gov officials some Douaniers were/are allowed to.

100% Agree with Robroy.These tw@ts are making us all look bad.And they are bloody dangerous morons.

The fault of this way of working is down to the operator AND the driver.

The operator …
For setting the target delivery and reload times of the round trip.

For setting the type of job format such as trip money and/or bonuses for getting it done in the fastest time.

The driver…
For agreeing to it in the first place, and for being too thick to see that said formats are only designed to encourage the driver to go like ■■■■ and break the law, no more no less :bulb: .

For also just accepting it on the basis of believing they are ‘‘On good money’’ :unamused: … when in reality failing to see that if they were paid on a better structure, such as on a per hour basis with overtime for as long as the job took to do, they would more than likely be better off financially anyway.

Instead the operator is the only winner here for putting in a ■■■■ poor rate knowing that their drivers will pull out all the stops to get it done as quick as poss, but more unbelievably so to willinglly risk their licences :open_mouth:

So it perpetuates continuously… :unamused:

M40?

robroy:

Confiscate the truck and load then sell it if possible at any price.Then give the money to the NHS. :bulb: :wink: Then deport the driver to Turkey.Then ask the Germans how does a Bulgarian resident hold a German driving licence and how does a Turkish national get resident work status in the EU and that German driving licences issued to non German residents won’t be recognised.Just as a UK licence isn’t valid in the case of non UK residents.

Turkish driver with a germanistahn driving licence mmmm, one of Frau Merkel’s imported pets no doubt, failing this he gave the plod false ID and was using a burner licence, needless to say, if they bailed him, he wouldn’t attend court at a later date, So perhaps this why it will be a big fine

extrucker:
spot on Robroy. Too many taking the p**s, especially foreigners. How do they get away with leaving the UK having fines stacked up against them, toll non payment, daily levy non payment. Too many over here that are illegal in my experience of having dealt with them. And too many have complete disregard for our laws.

This problem happened by some problem with British rules.Last week talk to one Spanish drivers.He said who he get penalty tickets from France,Germany but from UK never because UK can t sent to abroad.

Andrejs:

extrucker:

This problem happened by some problem with British rules.Last week talk to one Spanish drivers.He said who he get penalty tickets from France,Germany but from UK never because UK can t sent to abroad.

And we should not get them from the EU but france at least is trying to change this, another reason to get out of the EU

the nodding donkey:
M40?

I stand corrected, A34, he didn’t quite make it to the m40 I suppose.

robroy:

Dont hold back Rob, just say what you think mate… :stuck_out_tongue:

I dont disagree btw…in jail they should go… :grimacing:

Franglais:

truckyboy:

Im not sure on this but, a Government can hold a foreign nationals passport if theyve been accused/charged of a crime. It may be that a UK Police officer doesnt have the authority to do that themselves, but Custom/Immigration do. It may be that the French etc Govs do give that authority to their Police officers. Similarly some years back many French Douaniers went onto courses to learn about tacho laws and how to read discs. I dont think UK Customs have any authority to look at your tachos, but as properly trained and authorized Gov officials some Douaniers were/are allowed to.

british police have been neutered, and are now more concerned about so called online hate crimes, and painting their fingernails,than actually fighting real crimes, they have become common purpose, we have a two tiered justice system in place

tommy t:

Andrejs:

extrucker:

And we should not get them from the EU but france at least is trying to change this, another reason to get out of the EU

When you leave UK all will be same and more worse .France,Spain now ask deposit for penalty and more.But UK police job stile not best .And it is not EU fault.It is UK common senses fault.