Slow cooker & inverter again

I have a 1.5 litre slow cooker and will run it of a 350 watt inverter .If i have to hand my keys in anywhere how long could i keep
the inverter plugged in and the slow cooker going .The vehicle is under a year old xf.
I have never used a inverter before thats why i ask thank you.

Slow cooker this one argos.co.uk/product/7194816
Inverter this one amazon.co.uk/Whitenergy-065 … +inverters

Not sure what inverter would run it.But i’m sure you would need a bigger one than 350.More a 1500watt inverter or more.Reckon you would be ok leaving it on for a few hours while getting tipped though.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

daftvader:
Not sure what inverter would run it.But i’m sure you would need a bigger one than 350.More a 1500watt inverter or more.Reckon you would be ok leaving it on for a few hours while getting tipped though.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Its only 120 watts by what others have said on this forum it should be big enough hope so

I personally wouldn’t run it off of the batteries while I was tipping, but turn it off and cover it with an old towel to keep the heat in. The whole point of a slow cooker is that they will cook food using a very small amount of residual heat.

leaving your inverter on and cooking while leaving the truck …
why am i thinking…flat batteries,and this? :open_mouth:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=152511
Similar power to this thread. You should be able to simply run it through the Hella plug. That means it will go through the vehicle fuses so safer and no need for extra wiring.
Flat batteries? The link you provide says the inverter has a low voltage cut out: batteries get low and itll stop drawing current. I think the Hella has a 15amp fuse. Youll only be drawing 5amps-ish. The two batteries on an XF are 200 amp.hr or more. They wont run down in a couple of hours. Fire risk? If its running through a factory fitted socket etc., then it`s a really slim chance. As Harry says though unplugging the pot and covering it or putting it in a box will let the stew cook slowly still.

{Like Chilli Con Carne? Use tinned kidney beans, don`t cook from scratch with them unless you want to give them a 12hr soak in water.}

dieseldog999:
leaving your inverter on and cooking while leaving the truck …
why am i thinking…flat batteries,and this? :open_mouth:

Nah mate…thats just Renault electrics for you… :stuck_out_tongue:

Franglais:
Quick inverter question - THE UK PROFESSIONAL DRIVERS FORUM (INTERACTIVE) - Trucknet UK
Similar power to this thread. You should be able to simply run it through the Hella plug. That means it will go through the vehicle fuses so safer and no need for extra wiring.
Flat batteries? The link you provide says the inverter has a low voltage cut out: batteries get low and itll stop drawing current. I think the Hella has a 15amp fuse. Youll only be drawing 5amps-ish. The two batteries on an XF are 200 amp.hr or more. They wont run down in a couple of hours. Fire risk? If its running through a factory fitted socket etc., then it`s a really slim chance. As Harry says though unplugging the pot and covering it or putting it in a box will let the stew cook slowly still.

{Like Chilli Con Carne? Use tinned kidney beans, don`t cook from scratch with them unless you want to give them a 12hr soak in water.}

And don’t they need a 10 minute boil to make them safe to eat?

TiredAndEmotional:

Franglais:
Quick inverter question - THE UK PROFESSIONAL DRIVERS FORUM (INTERACTIVE) - Trucknet UK

And don’t they need a 10 minute boil to make them safe to eat?

They certainly do! They contain lectin which is a toxin. A slow cooker wont reach a high enough temperature to destroy it. Canned ones are already cooked…

fingermissing:
I have a 1.5 litre slow cooker and will run it of a 350 watt inverter .If i have to hand my keys in anywhere how long could i keep
the inverter plugged in and the slow cooker going .The vehicle is under a year old xf.
I have never used a inverter before thats why i ask thank you.

Slow cooker this one argos.co.uk/product/7194816
Inverter this one amazon.co.uk/Whitenergy-065 … +inverters

invented better connect direct to battery or Anderson lead.But don t worry about key .You can give to Rec staff key from you car,house.They anyway no clue nothing.

I have a 1.5 litre slow cooker 120watt and run it off a 300w 24v inverter without a problem. I tend to pre cook meals on a weekend and use it to heat them up, curries/chillies etc and also add microwave rice with it. Normally have a couple of hours drive left after my last drop so cook it while driving to my ■■■■■■■■■■■■.

Thank you everyone’s who replied. Andrejs I would not recommended you leave your house keys or car key’s
You only have to forget once and your screwed.