Has the country gone soft?

Yesterday up here in west of Scotland schools closed at midday, Police Scotland on Twitter urging employers to let workers leave early due to the weather forecast. In reality it snowed heavily for an hour, I was working till 20.00 last night not once did I drive on a snow covered road. An utter nonsense.

Yes, is the answer to this. No pun intended but the country seems to be run by and populated with snowflakes! God knows what would happen if we ever had a WW2 type scenario again

mjallby:
Yesterday up here in west of Scotland schools closed at midday, Police Scotland on Twitter urging employers to let workers leave early due to the weather forecast. In reality it snowed heavily for an hour, I was working till 20.00 last night not once did I drive on a snow covered road. An utter nonsense.

Maybe so but what if it had gone the other way? Would you like the responsibility on your shoulders? Did it affect you? Look at the chaos the other night! People and drivers in this country don’t have a clue when the weather gets bad.
Other countries put us to shame.

mjallby:

The only reason the schools closed is because of any of the snottery little brats slipped the school would be open for getting sued by scumbag parents.

The country has gone mental, leave work early because it’s a bit snowy ffs. We need a new plague.

A.

mjallby:

Well I can assure you down here in Kllie it was 'orrible. Was trying to get to Crookston (albeit in the car), tried the M77, totally gubbed so decided hell we’ll go over the moors. So I did max 25 mph all the way Kilmaurs, Stewarton, Dunlop, Barrhead. Took an hour and 45 mins but 25 of that was becoming a new symbol on the Ordnance Survey map at the bottom end of the M77.

Tests your skill that does in a non 4 x 4, but a lot of car drivers total pratts. Wait at the bottom of a hill or on the previous downgrade till it is clear so you don’t get stuck. Don’t drive up someone’s r’s cos if they get stuck and someone is ■■■■■■■■■ your boot neither you or they can go back for another go. It’s slow but better go slow than damage your car, other cars or people.

I don’t think councils want to waste money gritting the roads tbh.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Lucky i was off yesterday and i had to pick my kids up at 1pm and the snow did not start again until about 5pm when a couple of inches fell in an hour but it was much worse in a lot of places !

i thought it was a bit daft closing the schools early but they are dammed if they do, dammed if they don’t !

these days all it takes is one bad accident involving a kid and all hell breaks loose :unamused:

just wait until we all have Automated Cars… they will all refuse to go anywhere !! :laughing:

You’ve just got to see how people fanny around on the roads now when there’s a light covering of snow on the verge, not even on the road itself. It is getting beyond pathetic.

It gets worse at uni. They spent all week telling us that transport problems are not accepted as a reason the miss compulsory classes. Then at 1247 yesterday they sent an email out cancelling all classes for the afternoon. A lot of bus routes had been pulled by then and most of those who were going in would have been in already so they might have been stuck.
I wasn’t going in anyway since it was only one lecture and not compulsory. Not sure how they will manage it now that it didn’t go ahead and was therefore not recorded

Conor:
You’ve just got to see how people fanny around on the roads now when there’s a light covering of snow on the verge, not even on the road itself. It is getting beyond pathetic.

I drove to work the other morning at stupid o clock. It was bloody cold, so to gauge conditions I lowered my window to actually hear what was happening as I drove, I also observed the spray from oncoming vehicles and saw the spray from the tyres of people I caught up. This alone told me that although it was cold it was not icy. I overtook lines of cars who were doing 15mph all because their dash displayed a frost warning.

Was talking to a Headmaster of local Primary School last night.

In 12yrs of going to school between 1970-1982 I can’t remember even ONCE the schools closing due to snow!!!

He agreed but blamed the usual H&S PISH!!!

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

Conor:

Light sprinkling of snow on the verges, road wet with slush on the verges, very light snow fall, 2 degrees.

Overtook a line of half a dozen cars doing 20mph on a gritted A road up to Buxton, utterly pathetic.

An hour later going back down the same road, conditions were better and basically no different to how they would be if it was raining, overtook 4 separate cars doing less than 30, if you can’t drive in the conditions, stay in the house.

A.

Adonis.:

mjallby:

The only reason the schools closed is because of any of the snottery little brats slipped the school would be open for getting sued by scumbag parents.

The country has gone mental, leave work early because it’s a bit snowy ffs. We need a new plague.

A.

Careful what you wish for, they have found a drug-resistant strain of TB in some of the hordes of frau merkle’s savages that she imported

You’d almost think there was an agenda behind it all !

read about the M74 last week,all I thought was again we were unprepared,they must have known the snow was coming,or am I wrong,mind you snow does have it’s benefits,i used to work for SITA on cardboard recycling,went in after a snowfall,sat around for an hour and was then sent home with pay cos they were not prepared to send the vehicles out,happy days

It’s all part of brainwashing the masses into believing that the state is benevolent and that state control should be welcomed. Stand by for “do not travel” curfews and fines to go with them. In nasty weather to begin with…

The most embarrassing thing I heard about the weather this week was a reporter on BBC news blabbing “everyone is engaging the blitz spirit”. It’s snow ffs not bombs blasting London to pieces.

Schools have been closed twice in last 6 weeks here. Once for 3 days when it got a bit windy and this week when it snowed.

In other news my iPad news feed popped up a news bite “we’re taking our wives’ names when we marry because we’re a new generation and we do things differently”

Yup, country is on the bones of it’s arse.

Freight Dog:
The most embarrassing thing I heard about the weather this week was a reporter on BBC news blabbing “everyone is engaging the blitz spirit”. It’s snow ffs not bombs blasting London to pieces.

Schools have been closed twice in last 6 weeks here. Once for 3 days when it got a bit windy and this week when it snowed.

In other news my iPad news feed popped up a news bite “we’re taking our wives’ names when we marry because we’re a new generation and we do things differently”

This country reeks of fear. Fear of not being ’ liked ’ on Facecack. Fear of DVSA. Fear of being sued. Fear of having a home repo’d. Fear of being out of work. Fear of being labelled a racist. Fear of coming off benefits. Fear of bleeding everything.

It’s about time in this country that folk got a grip.

eagerbeaver:

Freight Dog:

This country reeks of fear. Fear of not being ’ liked ’ on Facecack. Fear of DVSA. Fear of being sued. Fear of having a home repo’d. Fear of being out of work. Fear of being labelled a racist. Fear of coming off benefits. Fear of bleeding everything.

Country should be called United Kingdom of daft ■■■■■■ It’s an embrassement.

Freight Dog:

eagerbeaver:

Freight Dog:

Country should be called United Kingdom of daft [zb]. It’s an embrassement.

I have been doing one of our Lake District routes this week mate. My last drop is Kendal, so I come off at J39 (Southbound) on the M6 and go in over Shap on the A6. Heard on R2 Thursday that it was shut, but tried it anyway. Sure enough it was closed, so no big deal I reversed back 50 feet to the T-junction and got back on the M6 and came off at 38.

Yesterday same radio station said it’s open but not advisable. Came off at 39 again and rarely dropped below 30 mph.

Gritted and barely anything else on both sides, a complete piece of ■■■■ :unamused: People are so negative, it borders on the insane :imp: