Roadworks Buffoonery J25 M1 nights

For the past few nights the M1 has been shut southbound at J25 - the official diversion has been A52 to Sheepsville, A6 Raynesway, A50.
The ‘bods’ who are far cleverer than me have also (from what I could see, travelling the other way) shut one lane of the A50 as it reaches the J24 roundabout at the Paris Hilton.
The lights don’t stay green for long anyway and this extra volume of traffic has caused long tailbacks - early Fri (3.30ish) it was nearly back to the services.
I’ve heard horror stories tonight at the Donington BP garage of people sat behind the wheel growing stubble around the area.

TUrn left for Nottingham and go down past the power station, you don’t have to be a sheep lol

tango boy:
TUrn left for Nottingham and go down past the power station, you don’t have to be a sheep lol

+1…

You could also consider coming off at 26 and going round Nottingham and heading back to the M1 via the power station too.

No bridges but loaded with average speed cameras so behave yerself.

tango boy:

Nice one, It ain’t hard is it. :smiley:

Depending where you’re coming from and if you’re going south of Leicester it would be worth going A1 to Newark then A46 to Junction 21A.

Dr Damon:

tango boy:

Nice one, It ain’t hard is it. :smiley:

No it’s not hard for those of us who know a way around it but I feel sorry for those poor sods who don’t and are trying to catch/ meet a flight at EMA.
Just before Christmas I was fuelling up at Pentagon Island in the early hours and was asked by an old guy if I knew how to get to Birmingham airport.
He’d come down the M1 from Sheffield and ended up in Derby - he had been driving round for an hour trying to get out because the 52 was shut Eastbound.

Almost got caught by this running in this morning.

Left the stockyard at 0400,…saw the sign saying M1 shut 25-24…thought I’d go A38…nope that was shut as well!

Luckily just as I hit 25 they were clearing cones away…result!

I’ve not done round there at night this week but m25 , m4 , m5 etc etc and I couldn’t believe how deserted the roads were , I’m amazed even with this diversion you’d end up with ques in the middle of the night ,real eye opener to starting off round rush hour