Celtic Speed

I’ve been doing quite a bit of work on the upper reaches of the M6 recently and I’ve lost count of the number of wagons that come sailing by me effortlessly while I’m plodding along at 56mph.

The vast majority are our Scots or Irish brethren…come on lads how do you get away with it? My wagon used to do about 57 until the 2 yearly calibration saw to that :imp: :imp:

Its all down to the porridge.I don’t use Mways very often and they go flying past me too. The Mega buses go even faster.

Hi lone wolf,these lorries that go flying past you,could they be possibly be a dark blue wagon and drag,or just a figment of someone’s imagination? Joepipe

We’ve got places to be

harrawaffa:
We’ve got places to be

Pretty much it in a nutshell, so get out the way.

A.

I can only dream of 56 never mind their speeds… :blush:

must…make…boat… :slight_smile:

Lonewolf Yorks:
I’ve been doing quite a bit of work on the upper reaches of the M6 recently and I’ve lost count of the number of wagons that come sailing by me effortlessly while I’m plodding along at 56mph.

The vast majority are our Scots or Irish brethren…come on lads how do you get away with it? My wagon used to do about 57 until the 2 yearly calibration saw to that :imp: :imp:

Speed delete software, thats how they get away with it. Limiter is set to whatever speed you like but the tacho will only record a max of 90kph. Mines set to 100kph but on the flat i have Irish along with many other euro hauliers come past me. On the gradients its a different matter though…whoooooosh… :grimacing:

Lower profile tyre for 2 yr but not noticed by tacho guy, then back home and std tyres fitted, voilah 56 recorded slightly faster real speed.

Trickydick:
Lower profile tyre for 2 yr but not noticed by tacho guy, then back home and std tyres fitted, voilah 56 recorded slightly faster real speed.

This used to be the case. I had a Volvo that was calibrated with ■■■■■■■■■■■■ 295, then back to yard and stuck new 315’s on, 60 mph after that Now the tyre size is stated on the tacho calibration plate thingy

i know it was posted recently but these tw guys have got it just right.
if they wernt flipflops,then they would be tangs if only by means of the devil may care attitude and craic.

youtube.com/watch?v=iX9Kfgl2C7c

dieseldog999:
if they wernt flipflops,then they would be tangs if only by means of the devil may care attitude and craic.

40 seconds thats proper funny :grimacing:

Those Irish scania’s definitely tram on! And my wagon is by no means slow [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trickydick:

dieseldog999:

40 seconds thats proper funny :grimacing:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
ive seen it 50 times if ive seen it once,and the big finger and the dudes face just always makes me smile…truck driving the way it should be… :slight_smile:

DP//

dieseldog999:

My favourite youtube trucking vid…standing out like a sore thumb at 10kph over my arse :laughing:
Pile it on… :grimacing:

Lonewolf Yorks:
The vast majority are our Scots or Irish brethren…come on lads how do you get away with it?

VOSA can’t pull them in fast enough to get them all is basically what it boils down to. You can tell the ones who’ve been done in the past, you’re usually going past them.

That and the speed limit for a lorry in the UK is 60MPH so really by doing that are they really breaking any UK laws? Personally if I was a Scottish or Northern Ireland haulier and my lorry only ever stayed in the UK I’d not bother with any fiddling software and just get the limiter set to 59/60MPH. One gets a stern look, the other gets you a day in court.

look stern my man… :smiley:

Conor:

Lonewolf Yorks:
The vast majority are our Scots or Irish brethren…come on lads how do you get away with it?

VOSA can’t pull them in fast enough to get them all is basically what it boils down to. You can tell the ones who’ve been done in the past, you’re usually going past them.

That and the speed limit for a lorry in the UK is 60MPH so really by doing that are they really breaking any UK laws? Personally if I was a Scottish or Northern Ireland haulier and my lorry only ever stayed in the UK I’d not bother with any fiddling software and just get the limiter set to 59/60MPH. One gets a stern look, the other gets you a day in court.

You think 90 kmh speed limiters are voluntary?

dieseldog999:

That has got to be the best youtube video ever…