Tacho@ferry.

Yesterday when leave ferry had plan to stop in 59 minute time and takes extra 4 hours rest what can help finish today later.But found parking when total time after ferry was 1h15 minute .But in this time inside was 30 minute break(SLOW DRIVING AT PASSPORT CONTROL BUT BREAK).Can I count 1h15 minute minus this 30 minute.Because I come to ferry with my legal time.Was at ferry 7 hours And if I stay for 4hours that my shift start time can be 03.15am but not 2200.

Get that tacho sorted so it doesn’t keep going on break !!

Surely a full shift of the boat was in order. 7h+before boarding, 7h+ on the boat.

Which would give you a new shift on dis embarkation.

Concretejim:
Surely a full shift of the boat was in order. 7h+before boarding, 7h+ on the boat.

Yes but if I finish in 59 minute after ferry that can takes 4 hours rest again and count start time from 0300.I had 1h15 but 30 minute break.can I count my for 45 minute just.It is for future not for this time.

Andrejs:

Concretejim:

Yes but if I finish in 59 minute after ferry that can takes 4 hours rest again and count start time from 0300.I had 1h15 but 30 minute break.can I count my for 45 minute just.It is for future not for this time.

Yes i know this but you didnt, you went 15 minutes over. If you know the rules then you know your ansewr.

P2.7 states" the total of all interruptions to the rest must not exceed one hour".

Now you can of course interpret “interruptions” how you want.

You can also just forget the extra 15 minutes, have 4 hours, go and hope you dont get pulled in the next 28 days by someone who A, knows what hes talking about or, B, cares about the 15 minutes.

Another option would be to split it by having 3 hours after disembarkation and 9 tonight.

As I see it you can’t interrupt your DAILY REST by over an hour. Doesn’t matter if that interruption is made if duty, driving, or break. It ain’t daily rest so doesn’t count.
I stand to be corrected.

Sent from my GT-S7275R using Tapatalk

Was there a bunk available on the ferry to start with?

Concretejim:

Andrejs:

Concretejim:

Yes i know this but you didnt, you went 15 minutes over. If you know the rules then you know your ansewr.

P2.7 states" the total of all interruptions to the rest must not exceed one hour".

Now you can of course interpret “interruptions” how you want.

You can also just forget the extra 15 minutes, have 4 hours, go and hope you dont get pulled in the next 28 days by someone who A, knows what hes talking about or, B, cares about the 15 minutes.

Another option would be to split it by having 3 hours after disembarkation and 9 tonight.

yes I have 1h15 minutes but in this 1h15min I have really 30 minute break.Can single 1h15 min interruption count for 2 interruption?

This is like…

Trying to put toothpaste back into the tube.

Difficult to do and ultimately pointless. :unamused:

bald bloke:
Get that tacho sorted so it doesn’t keep going on break !!

+1. With a printout like that you’re asking for a charge of making false records. We have a rental unit that’s like that, as soon as you turn off the ignition it automatically turns the tacho onto break and its a right pain in the ariss. Apparently its an option that the owner has asked to be programmed into the tacho.

apparantly the owner of the rental truck aint so daft…possibly he wants to get a days work done as easily as possible however strange that may seem to some.more breaks,means more driving time.
as for the ferry crossing.
youve done your printout. lie through your teeth on the remote chance you get a tug.
unavoidedly delayed at port.
possibly they were trying to catch taliban jumping off the axles,truck broke down and blocked passport control,theres plenty of stuff to make up especially if ts rare event…crack on ,no worries.just lie,lie,lie. :wink:

Andrejs:
yes I have 1h15 minutes but in this 1h15min I have really 30 minute break.Can single 1h15 min interruption count for 2 interruption?

Here you say its a single 1hr15 interruption..... You can call it two breaks, you can call it whatever you want, but its still a 1hr15 interruption isn`t it?

If that 1hr 15 was for two movements (off one ferry and onto another ferry) then I can see you have an argument, but as you say its all part of one interruption to your break. Whether or not youll likely get a bust, etc, is another matter.