Stobarts Take Home Pay?

OK, it’s a Stobarts thread. But I’m looking at all my options here…

The nearest Stobarts depots to me are either an hour south or an hour west of me.

So, (if you can tell me), what’s the average take home pay, as I’m just trying to work out if they’re worth the travelling / commuting to…■■?

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=150148

Top post on that has an image detailing it all.

Worms and can, come to mind.

Goldfinger:

The nearest Stobarts depots to me are either an hour south or an hour west of me.

So, (if you can tell me), what’s the average take home pay, as I’m just trying to work out if they’re worth the travelling / com6muting to…■■?

From 450 till 550 if work 12 hours shift.Tramper get more.

Andrejs:

Goldfinger:

So, (if you can tell me), what’s the average take home pay, as I’m just trying to work out if they’re worth the travelling / com6muting to…■■?

Cdo you want to get home on a Friday?

Andrejs:

Goldfinger:

Is that including night out money?

Concretejim:

Andrejs:

Goldfinger:

Tramping £580 take home inc night out money, better off on days tbh

the nodding donkey:

Andrejs:

Goldfinger:

Cdo you want to get home on a Friday?

If I can, I will… If I can’t? Not going to stress about it. Why should I like some people I know, the ‘I MUST GET BACK EVERY FRIDAY!!!’ :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

Goldfinger:
‘I MUST GET BACK EVERY FRIDAY!!!’ :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

Those steak dinners won’t get eaten if you don’t get back

UKtramp:

Concretejim:

Andrejs:

Goldfinger:

Tramping £580 take home inc night out money, better off on days tbh

So that’s £480 take after tax and without nites out. Assuming £25 night out money.

It’ll be an hour easily, commute to either of the nearest depots for me. So being a day driver will be ‘expensive’ fuel wise, and adding 2 more hours onto either side of my day before and after work…■■?

biggriffin:
So that’s £480 take after tax and without nites out. Assuming £25 night out money.

night out money is 22.50 per night X 4 = £90
meal allowance is £15 pe day X 5 = £75
wages average 60 hours = £420
Total = £585 take home for 60 hrs + 4 nights out

Is it just my thoughts or is that pay shocking bad for a 60 hour week with out nights out

nedflanders:
Is it just my thoughts or is that pay shocking bad for a 60 hour week with out nights out

It certainly isn’t great, there are two ways of looking at it though. Some look at the top line only inc the night out money as part of the wage and are happy enough. Others like me do not consider the £22.50 night out as part of the wages. Therefore it is bad as it is £10.60 per hour living away and sleeping in your cab. Take the night out money out of the equation and it is £8.50 per hour. In comparison a day driver working Sun to Thurs earns equivalent to £11 per hour and is at home each night. There are of course other factors such as night rates extra shifts etc, weekend rates so you can actually be better off on days.

Oh my ■■■■■■■ jesus. 60 hours, night ou…you name it… for a normal wage.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

I’m surprised that companies haven’t woken up to the fact that they maybe struggling for drivers due to the now ‘Social Media’ age thing…■■

People are posting / asking on ‘closed group’ pages the pay and conditions before people even apply…

Ok, to some, that’s a crap wage, but it’s better than a few round here…

e.g. I know of a ‘very close to where I live’ class 1 job, and that it’s going rate is… (deep breath) £7.75hr! :open_mouth:

Goldfinger:
I’m surprised that companies haven’t woken up to the fact that they maybe struggling for drivers due to the now ‘Social Media’ age thing…■■

People are posting / asking on ‘closed group’ pages the pay and conditions before people even apply…

Ok, to some, that’s a crap wage, but it’s better than a few round here…

e.g. I know of a ‘very close to where I live’ class 1 job, and that it’s going rate is… (deep breath) £7.75hr! :open_mouth:

Same here, theres a firm walking distance from my house that pays £8.50 class 1 rates. Personally I think thats an insult to anyone who holds a class 1 entitlement.

So I’ve changed jobs from a different firm to commute a 20 mile round trip for £11.60 an hour class 2 job.

When will these firms learn

Supermarkets on the vans pay more then pretty much everyone on this thread.

paul1181:
Same here, theres a firm walking distance from my house that pays £8.50 class 1 rates. Personally I think thats an insult to anyone who holds a class 1 entitlement.

So I’ve changed jobs from a different firm to commute a 20 mile round trip for £11.60 an hour class 2 job.

When will these firms learn

It isn’t the firms that are desperate for drivers m8, it is the drivers that are desperate for work. If this were not true, you wouldn’t get a driver working for £8.50 per hour nor would these firms be able to advertise their jobs at this rate. Only reason why a lot of class 1 jobs are advertised at these rates and why class 1 rates in general are so low to begin with, is the fact that drivers keep working for these firms. It isn’t a case of when will these firms learn, it is a case of when will these drivers learn!!

Maybe someone could make an app - get drivers to post details of their wages each month; salary, allowances etc. Anonymously of course, but naming the employer. It would take a while but the data would be hugely valuable to anyone in the industry.