hi

I received a phone call today saying your on a cpc course tomorrow at 7.30 , I’ve been on midnight starts all week and finished at 1 pm today , so I zb rd that idea off , I’m not sitting on a site for 18 1/2 hrs !!!so speaks to another bloke and he says planner was told to get you back to your depot , home for night and then course in morn ( reasonable ) but he was more interested in a extra load than getting me back to depot , his answer on phone was start at 5.30 and run back and do course ( ■■■■ off get me back to depot , no you can start at 5.30 , no I bloody can’t I’ll start as I have all week at midnight , he hangs up , he never got me back or informed me of this course when he should have apparently .
he’s now sent a bloody txt, hi can you start at 3 am please , you can imagine the reply to that :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: , and he’s give me the biggest pile of ■■■■ you can imagine after I ■■■■■■ course off ( 1 am starts and they want you doing a bloody cycle course , last one was a afternoon cycling round the bloody town , I’ve not stopped this bloody week and this is how he repays me , ■■■■■■■ hi :exclamation:
every ■■■■■■■ Friday , who in there right mind arranges a bloody course at 7.30 when the bloody driver has done 4 days starting at midnight , hi :unamused: :unamused:

Has it ever crossed your mind that if you were a bit more obliging planners might actually be on your side? So many drivers seem to be in the ‘they’ll take the ■■■■ if I don’t constantly moan’ camp whereas I’ve always found working with them tends to lead to being looked after in the long run. Just a thought

Though to be fair I’m not sure why I bothered to comment…

What do you expect from Stobarts Dozy ?I do agree with Luke though .Give and take ,Perhaps you need a holiday to relax …

In all my 40 odd years of driving, I never had problems like Dozy has. To be fair, I never worked for the Green Ones, but even so…

The agency did send me to one idiot; supposedly for a week. I phoned them after lunch and told them I wasn’t going back next day and to never send me there again. I rarely complained about the customers or the work, so they took notice.

The idea of working with planners rather than against them works well with a normal and decent planner. I have experience of Stobart planners and found that some were better than others, some of the planners at Stobart’s idea of working with them is not a two way street.

2017-05-30-17-11-14-380377652.jpg

switchlogic:
Though to be fair I’m not sure why I bothered to comment…

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
im not sure why im even reading the pish he posts,but on the basis of its a quiet night,then id think if i was a driver in a similar vein as to my posting abilities,then id expect every planner to be queuing up to ram it into me so that my employment with the current company was as brief as possible.
the saddest thing for me is that some just take whats written as serious and reply in a similar manner…ta
sorry…hi. :unamused:

If I was Dozy’s Planner I’d take great glee in making sure he never got home on a Friday night and make his life as miserable as possible, just to read it on here.

Here is a thought Dozy… if your boss or someone higher than you tells you to do something as part of your job and it’s legal, shut the hell up and do it.
If you don’t like it, start your own business where you can do whatever you want.

109LWB:
If I was Dozy’s Planner I’d take great glee in making sure he never got home on a Friday night and make his life as miserable as possible, just to read it on here.

Here is a thought Dozy… if your boss or someone higher than you tells you to do something as part of your job and it’s legal, shut the hell up and do it.
If you don’t like it, start your own business where you can do whatever you want.

Can’t agree with that. If I want to be home on a Friday night then I’m going to be, even if it would be legal for me to work Saturday and even if I have to risk the operator’s O licence to get back. Some of us do have a life outside road transport.

switchlogic:
Has it ever crossed your mind that if you were a bit more obliging planners might actually be on your side? So many drivers seem to be in the ‘they’ll take the ■■■■ if I don’t constantly moan’ camp whereas I’ve always found working with them tends to lead to being looked after in the long run. Just a thought

I don’t constantly moan and in return I don’t feel like they take the ■■■■ and when I do rarely ask for something (such as a guaranteed Friday finish) they do pull out all stops to make it happen for me.

Harry Monk:
Can’t agree with that. If I want to be home on a Friday night then I’m going to be, even if it would be legal for me to work Saturday and even if I have to risk the operator’s O licence to get back. Some of us do have a life outside road transport.

Not too many though Harry if the number of posts from half-wits on here who seem to regard wanting to be home on a Friday as a sign of weakness are to be believed. I have never understood the mentality that being away from home for as long as possible somehow makes one a ‘supertrucker’ type.

Not sure what the problem is a 5.30am start to tootle back do course then sort truck out for Monday, nice early finish jobs a good un.
Lay in Friday as well so your nice and fresh when going home into the warm embrace of your loved ones.

Fanny about on a bike for a bit, have some banter watching some colleagues fall off sounds like a right laugh.

Now you’ve just made a rod for your own back doze, get a new planner or a job at a big company like Wincanton as I’ve heard their planners are great (from a friend of a friend).

Rowley010:

switchlogic:

I don’t constantly moan and in return I don’t feel like they take the ■■■■ and when I do rarely ask for something (such as a guaranteed Friday finish) they do pull out all stops to make it happen for me.

Same here. My view is work is work and I’m there to do whatever work they ask me to, within the bounds of the law, and in return for this laid back attitude I’m paid back with never being refused time off and often the better runs

Same here. My view is work is work and I’m there to do whatever work they ask me to, within the bounds of the law, and in return for this laid back attitude I’m paid back with never being refused time off and often the better runs
[/quote]
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
+1

my sentiments exactly…hear hear,and good for you.
ive always worked that way myself apart from the legal bit if it suits me.
that way theres a bit of mutual respect which usually works both ways.

dozy:
they want you doing a bloody cycle course , last one was a afternoon cycling round the bloody town

I’ve never come across any drivers who’ve been on cycle courses, and I’ve never worked for any firms that do them :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Out of genuine curiosity, why would a trucking firm send drivers on a cycling course??

Lancsdriver70:

dozy:
they want you doing a bloody cycle course , last one was a afternoon cycling round the bloody town

I’ve never come across any drivers who’ve been on cycle courses, and I’ve never worked for any firms that do them :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Out of genuine curiosity, why would a trucking firm send drivers on a cycling course??

Because cyclists are the back bone of this country and we need to understand from there point of view how important they are

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Lancsdriver70:

dozy:

Having your drivers going on a “safe urban driving course” goes towards your FORS accreditation. safeurbandriving.co.uk/

You just have to listen to some cycle nut waffle on for half a day then go on a short bike ride

and it counts to 1 cpc module

I guess this is going spare imgur.com/gallery/dhFoX

Dozy is busy browsing Apolloduck. …

we-re-gonna-need-a-bigger-boat.jpg