M74 southbound

Been sat on here since 4.30.

Stuck between 12 and 13. Travelled 3 miles in 5 hours.
Why the police haven’t parked us up on the hard shoulder I don’t know.
That what happens when operation stack kicks in isn’t it?

I contacted Abington services to see what time they finish serving food, and I was told they are shut.

Still it could be worse. There are many people on here in cars who have no food or drink.
I’m going around with my flask!

Fast approaching 17 hours duty time!!

There is very little coming Northbound. Google maps are showing solid red lines on both approaches towards Abington.

Happy days …Not!

Do you have a nice scenic Scottish view at least drive? :open_mouth:

Was your journey necessary? Sorry could not resist! Hope you get moving soon.

WTF is all that about Butcher ■■?

You posted that at 22.38 stating that you’d been stuck there since 16.30

FFS 6 hours :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Whatever the flick has happened in front, surely the authorities know that it’s going to take ages to clear, so WHY FFS don’t they turn traffic around and let them get on with their journeys from another point, using another route??!!! Might be a bit congested, but at least they are going somewhere, and should they need to stop, food, wee, etc. at least they can stop somewhere. We as commercial drivers will hopefully/probably have stuff to feed on, but what about the car drivers, especially those with kids in the car. I will never understand why they HATO/Police, seem to enjoy enforcing misery on those that use the roads!!

Is this it ■■

traffic-update.co.uk/motorways/m74.asp

pierrot 14:
Is this it ■■

traffic-update.co.uk/motorways/m74.asp

The queues are beyond comprehension.

Heavy snow then bump after bump til it all clogs up. Chaos apparently. Moffat Mountain Rescue Team have been tasked. :open_mouth:

And I thought it was bad round the back roads of Moffat & Lockerbie earlier today. My arse has only just stopped twitching.

pierrot 14:

Whatever the flick has happened in front, surely the authorities know that it’s going to take ages to clear, so WHY FFS don’t they turn traffic around and let them get on with their journeys from another point, using another route??!!! Might be a bit congested, but at least they are going somewhere, and should they need to stop, food, wee, etc. at least they can stop somewhere. We as commercial drivers will hopefully/probably have stuff to feed on, but what about the car drivers, especially those with kids in the car. I will never understand why they HATO/Police, seem to enjoy enforcing misery on those that use the roads!!

It’s horrendous Pierrot!

As I said, I’m warm. If some of these cars are a little low on fuel then they’re in trouble.

Its 0 degrees at present and snowing again!

This is not good tonight.

pierrot 14:

It wasnt even 2238 when you posted that

Think about it :wink:

Long downhill section on approach to the services has wagons pointing in various directions that they shouldn’t be according to a colleague.

The-Snowman:

pierrot 14:

It wasnt even 2238 when you posted that

Think about it :wink:

Can’t explain the time I posted.

But it’s exactly 22.43 as I sit here in this horrendous queue.

Approaching 18 hours duty time!!

Oh for pity sake. A bit of sleet,and the country grinds to a halt…

Hgv drivers who jack knifed in this pathetic attempt at a blizzard, should have their entitlement removed.

As for the road not being cleared within an hour (or two, at a push)…

the nodding donkey:

Hgv drivers who jack knifed in this pathetic attempt at a blizzard, should have their entitlement removed.

I’m not convinced they were treated properly prior to the heavy snow.
Having said that, a lot of the white stuff has come down today.

There is quite a build up of snow now in between the tyre tracks. If this freezes it’s going to be hell.

I’m currently just about to set off on a trunk to Lesmahagow (M74 Jct 10)
From Liverpool. Will I make it there and back tonight Butcher? :confused:

Lancsdriver70:

I wouldn’t bother ^^

Butcher:

the nodding donkey:

There is quite a build up of snow now in between the tyre tracks. If this freezes it’s going to be hell.

Oh God. … it’s going to be hell…

I want to start a ‘fund me’ campaign for the poor souls in Scotland who have been affected by this natural disaster. Anybody know how■■?

the nodding donkey:

Butcher:

the nodding donkey:

Oh God. … it’s going to be hell…

I want to start a ‘fund me’ campaign for the poor souls in Scotland who have been affected by this natural disaster. Anybody know how■■?

Yep they should be thankful that they don’t live and drive where it really falls. :open_mouth: :unamused: :open_mouth: :unamused:

yes open your mouth so we can send all our ■■■■■

Lancsdriver70:

M74 Northbound closed at Beatock.

You really won’t make it Lancsdriver.

All the wagons should have been stacked on hard shoulder for 9 hours off!
This is a ■■■■ take now!!

I drive for a sensible company,
we were told to stop at Johnstonebridge until the situation had been assessed …
sat there an hour…
and then turned round and back to base…