Leaking cab roof 2011 volvo xl globetrotter

Evening all, my first post so I apologise if this is in the wrong place!

I’ve just been given the above mentioned truck and it’s got a very strange water leak. It appears to be running from behind the curtain rail just above the drivers side window but for the life of me I can seem to find the cause. I’ve already sealed around the markers on the roof and checked the window seal but still no joy! My next guess would be the silver trim panel strip that runs around the the cab above the window but Wondered if anyone has had the same problem before I start sealing anything else?

Cheers

Damo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have you checked the antenna mounts on the roof?

If you’ve only just got it, is it possible that the roof hatch was left open previously, water has got in and trickles in now? It could run behind headlining.
Or if it comes in every time it rains its time to get the hose out…

Sent from my GT-S7275R using Tapatalk

It’s been at our place a few years but recently just started leaking, I’m going back on roof this morning so I’ll give the antenna mounts a good seal

Remove marker lights, and silicon the base’s, also has it had a new screen, might not be sealed correctly,

Mine does this Iv done all things mentioned and it still does it but only in very heavy rain,
Have you got light bars?? Mine does but it doesn’t look like it’s from the fixings,
So god knows

yorkshire terrier:
Mine does this Iv done all things mentioned and it still does it but only in very heavy rain,
Have you got light bars?? Mine does but it doesn’t look like it’s from the fixings,
So god knows

I’ve checked around the light bars but can’t see anything obvious? I’m going just go big with the silicone and do everything with a thread! It tends to leak on heavy rain but I’ll keep an eye on it. It’s a really good truck besides this and I actually swapped from a 2016 mp4 merc to have it [emoji23] would just be nice to get it sealed and back to how it should be

Dustydamo:

yorkshire terrier:
So god knows

I’ve checked around the light bars but can’t see anything obvious? I’m going just go big with the silicone and do everything with a thread! It tends to leak on heavy rain but I’ll keep an eye on it. It’s a really good truck besides this and I actually swapped from a 2016 mp4 merc to have it [emoji23] would just be nice to get it sealed and back to how it should be

I would of swapped too,great motors these v3 Volvos despite the little niggles

yorkshire terrier:

Dustydamo:

yorkshire terrier:
So god knows

I would of swapped too,great motors these v3 Volvos despite the little niggles

As nice as it was to have a new truck I honestly prefer the V3, this merc is hasn’t a patch on it in terms of comfort or drive. Hands down a better truck in my eyes

Our volvo had water leaking through the bolts that keep the roof spoiler in place.
Apparently the rubber seals underneath became hard and with a lot of wind moving the spoiler, water started seeping in.
Took Volvo nearly 4 months to find.

bald:
Our volvo had water leaking through the bolts that keep the roof spoiler in place.
Apparently the rubber seals underneath became hard and with a lot of wind moving the spoiler, water started seeping in.
Took Volvo nearly 4 months to find.

Cheers mate I’ll give that a blast as well