You don't really need all the bling

My Dutch mate who works for Verhoek sent me a picture of his truck. To be honest, I think it looks pretty smart and understated for a fleet truck, with a subtle livery, and you don’t really need all the bling and fog lamps that some have to make a smart looking truck. Don’t know what your thoughts are?

For the eagle eyed who’ve done Euro, can anyone tell me which European port that is in the ‘where am I’ picture? I can tell you it’s not in the Netherlands.

You could get a 45 in waiting on that tank to fill.

harrawaffa:

Do you fill up with jerry cans?

A 15 will see both sides full with 1400ltrs of juice.

Concretejim:

harrawaffa:

Do you fill up with jerry cans?

A 15 will see both sides full with 1400ltrs of juice.

I can pee at a faster rate than the pump in our yard.

citycat:
My Dutch mate who works for Verhoek sent me a picture of his truck. To be honest, I think it looks pretty smart and understated for a fleet truck, with a subtle livery, and you don’t really need all the bling and fog lamps that some have, to make a smart looking truck. Don’t know what your thoughts are?

For the eagle eyed who’ve done Euro, can anyone tell me which European port that is in the ‘where am I’ picture? I can tell you it’s not in the Netherlands.

The photo was taken in Zeebrugge

Wheel Nut 3:

citycat:
My Dutch mate who works for Verhoek sent me a picture of his truck. To be honest, I think it looks pretty smart and understated for a fleet truck, with a subtle livery, and you don’t really need all the bling and fog lamps that some have, to make a smart looking truck. Don’t know what your thoughts are?

Well done. Either you know your ports very well, or there is some identifying location thingy if you click on the picture or something?? :wink:

citycat:

Wheel Nut 3:

citycat:

Well done. Either you know your ports very well, or there is some identifying location thingy if you click on the picture or something?? :wink:

I have spent many many weekends around European ports, especially there, but the thing that stood out were the cranes and the the lifebuoy cover.

Aah, the little details. Anyway, well done again. :smiley:

No you don’t need all the bling, but that’s my choice.

Some trucks look great with some extra things on it.

EG. Check out MarkH’s Scania. Nice bling & not over the top.

citycat:

Wheel Nut 3:

citycat:

I was going to say that also, just because Verhoek have (or at least used to have) a depot in Zeeby.

My mate works for the same company…plain and smart livery…does the job that Brits used to do.

Geoffo:

Personally, I think those side skirts always set a truck off just right. They give it some shape and make it look more solid. Understated is always better, less IS more! :wink:

bullitt:

Geoffo:

Personally, I think those side skirts always set a truck off just right. They give it some shape and make it look more solid. Understated is always better, less IS more! :wink:

‘Less is more’, that’s what my wife used to say when she saw me thumbing through the adverts of Max Power magazine in the 90’s, wondering how to bling up my Ford Capri. Thankfully, she kept me on the straight and narrow and stopped me from putting needless tat on to it. Now I’m older, I agree with the ‘Less is more’. She’s never forgiven me for spray painting parts of the Pinto engine in the kitchen though, and leaving overspray on the skirting.

Citycat you’re in the wrong country if you don’t like bling the average Dutchman makes the Tangs look understated :smiley:

Mazzer2:
Citycat you’re in the wrong country if you don’t like bling the average Dutchman makes the Tangs look understated :smiley:

Tell me about it ! Don’t get me wrong, I appreciate a bit of bling. It’s when they don’t know when to stop and put lights on every surface of the unit or trailer, or go mad with the white tyre pens that it gets a bit much.

While we’re on the subject, these illuminated glass light bulb style things with liquid in them, and attached to the dash board have started to make it big over here. Wot’s all that about? I get the illumination (tacky though it seems) but what’s with the liquid swilling about? :unamused: :unamused:

My wife who’s into lighting design as a hobby, says the important thing is to hide the lighting in recesses and make the cab glow with ‘mood lighting’, not to put the led lighting strips on open display like in the windscreen so you can see the light source.

citycat:

Mazzer2:

Tell me about it ! Don’t get me wrong, I appreciate a bit of bling. It’s when they don’t know when to stop and put lights on every surface of the unit or trailer, or go mad with the white tyre pens that it gets a bit much.

While we’re on the subject, these illuminated glass light bulb style things with liquid in them, and attached to the dash board have started to make it big over here. Wot’s all that about? I get the illumination (tacky though it seems) but what’s with the liquid swilling about? :unamused: :unamused:

My wife who’s into lighting design as a hobby, says the important thing is to hide the lighting in recesses and make the cab glow with ‘mood lighting’, not to put the led lighting strips on open display like in the windscreen so you can see the light source.

Lol and the Belgian trucking industry would go out of business if the man who makes orange lights goes bust

citycat:

Mazzer2:

They’re ‘Poppy’ air fresheners… Just you straight forward wick and liquid air freshener in a bottle with a LED ‘coaster’ for it to sit on…

Light up air freshener though…■■? The mind boggles…

bullitt:

Geoffo:

Virtually identical to mine lwb 4x2. The side deflectors are a must :sunglasses: I specced mine with a 1480litre tank, sits on the offside with all the ancillary components fitted nearside. Durabrite Alcoas, low light bar, SAF low profile slider and stainless Eminox stack juts out from the side of the air deflector.
Wish id posted a pic of mine before i had the company name added to the doors… :frowning:

I actually liked working for the Dutch Belgians French and Germans, the fleets were pretty much the same, we had all the same kit in the cabs and tool boxes, no real bling, much like the Verhoek car

Geoffo:

EG. Check out MarkH’s Scania. Nice bling & not over the top.

Very nice and smart. It’s all you need.