Three Mobile network .

I am thinking of taking out a contract with Three mobile network .I rear lots of mixed reports about them, poor signal etc . It certainly has some very keenly priced contracts so would be glad to learn from other mobile users how they have found the network around the country and any information on other networks would be welcome . Many thanks in advance gents for your help .

I’ve been with 3 for quite a number of years now. Think my first 3 contract was around 2007. Never had any real issues with 3 or with signal [emoji687] apart from the usual places like over woodhead pass and on waiting rooms at RDC’s where there is a lot of metal that can block phone signals. Used to be the same in hotels. But generally when out and about anywhere signal is always generally pretty decent. Same goes for mobile data generally pretty decent everywhere.

There will always be certain places you will struggle for mobile data on every network.

At one point for a couple of years I used a 3 dongle for home and got around 5mb download speeds and that is in a rural village, where I was struggling to get 4mb through my phone line with sky.

Back in the early days as a relatively new network I think people had a lot more signal issues but over the years coverage has got better an better.

I used to run speed tests all over the place and in towns and cities regularly got speeds of 40mb plus download speeds.

I have always been pretty happy with 3 myself but there will always be the exceptions of course.

Swapped to Three late last year and haven’t had any real issues other than those described above.

Signal strength across the country is better than Orange and O2, I get signal in the middle of the yard, which is the middle of nowhere, when previously it was a signal dead spot.

Pricing is fantastic, I can’t get my computer ntract anywhere else for the low monthly fee I pay currently.

Unlimited data on 3 and i use it watch Bbc iplayer etc no problems at all and i.ve been with the 13 yrs

Been with 3 for four years no bother with coverage odd dead spot as with any network but good coverage both here and in Europe

Can’t complain with 3!

Have tablet and mobile contracts with them. I find them the cheapest contract and usually they have the most generous data allowances out of everyone!

Netflix and Apple music do not use any data out of your allowance and are included unlimited through Go Binge. Also if you get one of the Advanced Plans contract you get the Feel at Home around the world were you can use your phone as normal (to UK numbers) and dont get charged for any data usage. I was in the US for 6 weeks last year and my phone usage including data didnt cost a penny. The only drawback is in some countries depending on your phone model you wont get full 4G but 3G is readily available. Also you cant tether abroad and use your device as a hotspot.

Customer service go out there way to help you out within reason and are easily reached via online chat.

Signal wise ive never noticed any major issues apart from places were all networks cant get signal

I’ve been with them for near on 10 years. Been all over the UK tramping and haven’t had many issues getting a useable signal. The only places I don’t get a signal is in the spare bedroom at home and on parts of the A9.

They are good, the only place I’ve had patchy coverage was out in the countryside round Chipping Norton to Banbury, but I don’t get much national travel atm.

The Pay as you go is priced better than many others - which is what I use now, so if you want to experiment just get a SIM for a £1 and put a bit of credit on, see how you go for a few days.

Go for it, been with them for a year now, previously I was with Tesco/O2.

Far superior in every way excellent coverage, super fast internet and an iPhone and 30Gb for £30 a month.

Been with them for a number of years (came from O2, which seemed to be getting worse day by day) not to bad coverage, 4g is patchy (like most others I guess) 3G is pretty gd but afaik, when 3G drops, there’s no backup (like 2g etc). I pay £20/mth for ‘unlimited’ everything and also get 12gig of tethering. Unlimited data is a must as I have Sky sports/movies, Virgin TV Go & Netflix on the phone/iPad (that’s where the tethering comes in) …always got something to watch somewhere!

To add, the coverage at Gatwick airport South terminal is only available under one of the skylights…other networks seem to excel here! :cry:

unlimited internet plus 5 gig tethering
600 minutes
unlimited texts
SIM only £25
Yeah do it .No real issues with signal ,Better than EE to be fair .

Switched to 3 from Vodafone as I didn’t like paying £5 (now £6) a day to use phone while abroad, plus never saw a 4g signal unless near London.
3 signal indoors is hit and miss though, and their customer services seems to be India based, but it’s £5 a month cheaper.
Had previously used a 3 PAYG sim for overseas, as part of their (3) feel at home service.

As above ^^^^^ I had a three payg with the feel at home package for when in Europe which worked really well .
Why is internet in European motorway services so much better than in the UK .
Unfortunately where I live on the coast near Dover is a virtual black hole for phone signal , until it went digital even TV reception was stupidly poor , many of my friends have signal boosters at home for all the mobile networks.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Beetlejuice:
600 minutes
unlimited texts
SIM only £25

That’s doesn’t seem a very gd deal…I’m sim only

Actrosman:

Beetlejuice:
600 minutes
unlimited texts
SIM only £25

doesn’t ?
Well it suits me 72gig over Christmas !

Beetlejuice:

Actrosman:

Beetlejuice:
600 minutes
unlimited texts
SIM only £25

doesn’t ?
Well it suits me 72gig over Christmas !

£5/mth more than I pay for less tethering & minutes… can’t remember the name of the tariff I’m on the tbh, it’s basically the old One Plan I was on with less tethering but 20gig is enough nowadays. That said though, if it’s a picture heavy group chat ([emoji6]), everyone seems to use WhatsApp…no charge for MMS, unlike the greedy networks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m not changing it for a poxy £5 .Your deals better than mine pal :wink: . woohoo

On a sim only deal here with 3 , for £20 a month unlimited texts and call s and 20gb of data 10gb I can use for tethering and I have it capped so my bill can never exceed £20
Have used it all over Europe and usa and never no problems
I then use the Tesco calling app for any calls to out side of the uk no matter where I am and it works out as free for texts , 1p a minute to landlines and I think 7p a minute to mobiles to the likes of irish or American phone numbers etc

To add, selected current 3 deals come with ‘Go Binge’ where you can use stream content from selected providers (eg Netflix) without it using any of your own data.
eg, 30gb data, all of which can be used as a hotspot, but if you’re watching netflix while tipping, it won’t come out of your data allowance anyway.
That plan is £20, (was £21 when I signed up to it) but you get £5 discount if paying by DD.
(Unlimited texts and call too)