Working out hours worked - breaks

Has anyone got an excel sheet that works out your times for the shift.

Eg: 21.05 start.

10.07 finish

• 45 mins break

= total hrs paid.

I could work it out but would appreciate a formula on a sheet? Thanks.

Unless you really have to have such awkward shift times I’d be rounding that off to 2100 - 1030 less 45 mins = 12 3/4 much easier.

Thanks but yes those are the sort of start times and finish times. So would prefer a sheet/formula to do it.

12hrs 17 mins worked aint it :open_mouth:

Can’t you just add 24.00 to your finish time and do some simple pen and paper arithmetic, i.e. 34.07- 21.05= 13.02.

13.02 -0.45 = 12.17?

If you want it In a spreadsheet you’ll need some mad formula

I use an app called ‘Work Log’ which allows you to set start/finish times and you can set hourly rates of pay or time to deduct.

TomCrin:
Has anyone got an excel sheet that works out your times for the shift.

Eg: 21.05 start.

10.07 finish

• 45 mins break

= total hrs paid.

I could work it out but would appreciate a formula on a sheet? Thanks.

That easy start at 21.05 finish at 10.07 total paid hrs 13hrs 2 mins… what’s the 45min deduction for.

Try this formula in Excel

=(([End time cell]-[start time cell])+12)-[break cell]

Only quickly tested it, but seems to work for both night and day shifts

Format cells as time,
Inputs have to be in time format
So 10pm is 22:00 not 22 or 22.0
and break time is 0:45 not 45 or .45.

Start Finish break Hours
22:00:00 09:00:00 00:45:00 10:15:00

Round up/down to the nearest 15 minutes, use manual entry to do it. Sod that down to the minute lark.

21:05 start and 10:07 finish would be 21:00 start and 10:15 finish on my timesheet and done as manual entries on the tacho to match. I’ve never ever in 25 years had anyone complain.

I’m using this:
=D4-C4
to figure out hours worked

and this to calculate hours paid:
=IF(E4<TIMEVALUE(“08:45”);IF(E4=TIMEVALUE(“0:0”);TIMEVALUE(“0:0” ); TIMEVALUE(“8:0” )) ;E4-TIMEVALUE(“0:45”))
but it’s modified to do 8 hours granted

and then this:
=F424hourly rate
in OpenOffice

Definitely need to be rounding those times… and if they take 45mins off you, you need to make sure your rounding makes up for that insane level of tightness from the firm.

Assuming:

• Start time is in column A
  • Finish time is in column B
  • Breaks are in column C
  • Working time is in column D

Row 1 is headers so starting in row 2

Put the following formula into D2 (and copy it down if you want)
=((24-A2)+B2)-C2

Having said that I would also round it off to the 15 minutes, I’ve never heard of any company that pays to the minute.

By the way, you enter times into a spreadsheet like as 21:05 not 21.05, if you don’t use the colon it won’t be recognised by the spreadsheet as a time and you’ll get incorrect results.

tachograph:
Assuming:

• Start time is in column A
  • Finish time is in column B
  • Breaks are in column C
  • Working time is in column D

Row 1 is headers so starting in row 2

Put the following formula into D2 (and copy it down if you want)
=((24-A2)+B2)-C2

Having said that I would also round it off to the 15 minutes, I’ve never heard of any company that pays to the minute.

By the way, you enter times into a spreadsheet like as 21:05 not 21.05, if you don’t use the colon it won’t be recognised by the spreadsheet as a time and you’ll get incorrect results.

Royal Mail do.

TiredAndEmotional:

tachograph:

Royal Mail do.

Really, I’ve never heard of that before.

We live and learn :wink:

I’ve got one I used to take times of Tachomaster for working hours out. Let’s you put manually in start/ end/poa/breaks etc and then gives you actual hours worked - if you pm an email I’ll send it tomorrow when finish shift and get home. Should be ok for you. You can see if it fits what you want

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tachograph:

TiredAndEmotional:

tachograph:

Royal Mail do.

Really, I’ve never heard of that before.

We live and learn :wink:

To be fair my firm pays to the minute too.

It’s just coincidence that all my minutes are rounded up to the nearest quarter of an hour. Need to debrief right? :laughing:

As said work log from the app store will do everything you want and you can set up your wages in it also. Can also export it to a spredsheet.

Thanks for all your help. Appreciated.