3 dead

Three men died when their car went into the back of a parked French lorry on the A2 at Dunkirk near Canterbury,don’t know if this has been posted or not if it has just ignore it,thank you.The story is on the BBC website but I don’t know how to make a link to it.

bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-kent-42659986

This one?

Why is the French driver charged, the truck was stationary when the car crashed in to it?

einstein:
Lorry driver arrested over fatal A2 crash at Dunkirk - BBC News

This one?

Yes,that’s the one,thank you.

toby1234abc:
Why is the French driver charged, the truck was stationary when the car crashed in to it?

I think he was probably parked on the verge at the end of the layby a lot of them do there,last layby before the M2.

bobbya:

toby1234abc:

I think he was probably parked on the verge at the end of the layby a lot of them do there,last layby before the M2.

Let’s just surmise eh !! :unamused: :unamused:

Well I’ll do my bit then,

4 men all in their 30’s from Finsbury Park (3) and Epping (1), travelling on a dual carriageway in a “MERCEDES” … …

were probably going too fast and lost control " a lot of them " do

pierrot 14:

bobbya:

toby1234abc:

4 men all in their 30’s from Finsbury Park (3) and Epping (1), travelling on a dual carriageway in a “MERCEDES” … …

According to the newspaper report the mens neighbours say they were just nice normal blokes,btw I’m not having a go at the french driver either,just stating a fact about that particular layby,

toby1234abc:

Presumably the police officers who actually attended the scene and investigated the circumstances found evidence to support the charges? Rocket science, anyone?

pierrot 14:

bobbya:

toby1234abc:

3 gezzers from Finsbury park, another from Essex, in a black Merc, traveling back from a major port.

Maybe I’m stereo typing them.

Even tho the paper said, family said they regularly travelled to Dover, to sit and chat ?

oh yeah, I always travel hour and a half to the port of Ouistreham with 3 friends in my Citroen to have a drink and a chat :unamused: :unamused:

pierrot 14:
oh yeah, I always travel hour and a half to the port of Ouistreham with 3 friends in my Citroen to have a drink and a chat :unamused: :unamused:

Nice :neutral_face: you never invited me :unamused:

This can’t and won’t be the fault of the trucker, unless his arse was sticking out of the off-slip into said layby. It’s not one of those “suicidal” laybys where you’re barely off the road when fully in it, after all.

“Parked in lane one” can be the only incriminating factor, if that indeed is the case then.

He was probably doing that thing where he’s in lane 1 with his reverse lights on, stationary, dog legged, looking at a gap to reverse into that’s only 6ft longer than his lorry. We’ve all seen it.

The truck should have been parked in the East London or Dover truck stops, not a layby.

Sent from my GT-S7275R using Tapatalk

The driver hasn’t been charged with anything, just arrested on suspicion then released which is probably fairly standard. Why should he be parked in a truck stop and not a layby, it’s his choice where to park surely unless his company tells him.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

wrighty1:
The driver hasn’t been charged with anything, just arrested on suspicion then released which is probably fairly standard. Why should he be parked in a truck stop and not a layby, it’s his choice where to park surely unless his company tells him.

Clearly those huge truck stops the Gov have supplied for the trucks servicing London, and using the Channel ports, are safer parking places than laybys.
Except they HAVEN`T supplied any adequate parking. I was being sarcastic/ironic/silly.

Franglais:

wrighty1:

Clearly those huge truck stops the Gov have supplied for the trucks servicing London, and using the Channel ports, are safer parking places than laybys.
Except they HAVEN`T supplied any adequate parking. I was being sarcastic/ironic/silly.

Very good point.

Franglais:

wrighty1:

A point that passed me by having not been awake long :laughing: :laughing:

A mate of mine had the same problem in france years ago…he was parked in a layby…someone ran into the back of him whilst he was asleep…he got arrested…dont know why…nor did he…but released once they had done tests on the body…and realised he was well over the limit.

What with parking in a layby overnight…there is the risk also of a very large fine in kent for doing so. r.i.p. to the guys in the merc.

truckyboy:
A mate of mine had the same problem in france years ago…he was parked in a layby…someone ran into the back of him whilst he was asleep…he got arrested…dont know why…nor did he…but released once they had done tests on the body…and realised he was well over the limit.

What with parking in a layby overnight…there is the risk also of a very large fine in kent for doing so. r.i.p. to the guys in the merc.

I understood that it’s standard police procedure to breath-test both parties involved in a collision. I didn’t realize that it’s also standard procedure to arrest the survivor of any collision though.

I also understand that the blitz on truckers parked overnight in laybys - was a one-off. I’ve not had any bother parking up in Kent Laybys since the blitz last year, in any case. It’s still damned hard to find a space in the middle of the week though!