Petition to stop disabled badge users parking on double yell

Hi please can you all sign this petition…I’m sure at some point you have all had problems with access die to a disabled badge users parking on double yellows. They should not be allowed as they are causing an obstruction.

I’ve made a petition – will you sign it?

Click this link to sign the petition:
petition.parliament.uk/petition … ULqc6Y2O0z

My petition:

Stop disabled badge users parking on double yellows

Stop disabled badge users parking on double yellows and causing an obstruction to service, delivery and emergency service vehicles

Click this link to sign the petition:
petition.parliament.uk/petition … ULqc6Y2O0z

Not a a snowballs hope in hell, how many trucks park on double yellows ■■ …

will I sign the petition, short answer NO. Simply because I have no idea of the blue badge holders disability and one day I may be in that position myself. I do agree that there are times when I see them parked really badly, and like others have seen apparently fit people walk away from the cars. On the other hand I have had at times when using a blue badge issued to someone else had no option but to park badly while I sprint to get assistance for the disable person, sometimes what you see is not the whole story.

I’ve had more problems with truck drivers parking on fuel pumps while they do their weekly shop than I have with disabled people parking on double yellows, so it’s a No from me too.

You’ve got far far too much time on your hands to actually go to the bother of this.

As a trade waste dustcart driver I get it all the time, the amount of times we’ve had to back out of certain roads because a blue badge holder has parked on double yellows which then causes an absolute ■■■■ storm because by that time you have cars behind you which you then have to get them to back up…which with some drivers seems impossible. All. I’m saying is they shouldn’t be allowed to park legally on the double yellows…

harrawaffa:
You’ve got far far too much time on your hands to actually go to the bother of this.

Yeah I’m not driving today so plenty of time

I wouldn’t want to stop them parking on double yellows but I think they should have to keep well back from corners as I’ve had plenty of issues over the years with this.
I suppose educating is the key here rather than a blanket ban.

craigp4294:

harrawaffa:

So you pick on disabled folk on your days off? Nice.

GORDON 50:
I wouldn’t want to stop them parking on double yellows but I think they should have to keep well back from corners as I’ve had plenty of issues over the years with this.
I suppose educating is the key here rather than a blanket ban.

Yeah I agree…even if it’s just stopping them parking on corners so a truck can still get round would be ideal

harrawaffa:

craigp4294:

harrawaffa:

Only the ones that park on corners and block access not only for a lorry but for van drivers to…

Lots of things and lots of people inconvenience me in my daily life. It irks me yes, but not to the point of wanting to legislate against it. I maintain my moral high ground by tutting a lot whilst ensuring that my actions have the least negative impact on others as possible.

craigp4294:
Only the ones that park on corners and block access not only for a lorry but for van drivers to…

Driving a truck doesn’t mean you own the road.
This “I don’t like something so it must be banned” culture is embarrassing.

craigp4294:

harrawaffa:

craigp4294:

harrawaffa:

You say only the ones that park on corners so why the petition to blanket ban parking for all disabled on double yellows?
Not all yellow lines are on corners…sounds to me you are just moaning because you’re a ■■■■ driver.

Yep to much time on your hands fella, not a petition for me but sure some like minded entitled buggers will sign.

That said I once watched a blue badge holder park on double yellows and sat their waiting in eager anticipation of how disabled this cheeky bugger was to justify my own self righteous sense of importance. Anyway when the door opened and just a head rolled out I was quite satisfied.

Yes they’re a nuisance sometimes. So for that matter are dustcarts.

However, one day, through no fault of my own, I may need a blue badge. For that reason, I shall not sign this petition.

The cure (or at least part of it) is for the people who grant the exemption to educate those who use it to do so properly and responsibly, rather than use it as carte blanche to leave the vehicle anywhere they like without regard for other road users. Also for the parking enforcement agencies to grow a pair, and treat disabled drivers equally with other drivers. If they’re genuinely causing an obstruction, or parked in a loading bay where they shouldn’t, they should receive a ticket, as I would expect to were I to unload in a disabled bay.

After all disabled people do want equality don’t they? And it works both ways.

There are already road markings for Disabled badge holders to say where and when they can park. Often these are well placed and it’s education that is the problem. You ask may Disabled badge holders where they can park and they thinks it’s anywhere. The loading lines on the kerb dictate parking generally. A single yellow they can park, a double yellow they can’t.

Sorry but absolutely no chance of me signing it.

So you occasionally get a little inconvenienced, shame boo hoo.
Until the time you need a blue badge yourself (god forbid) you’ll really have no idea just how important it is to those that need one. It allows them to attempt to lead as normal a life as possible, do you know what it feels like to know that if you couldn’t park that close to a shop then you just wouldn’t be able to make it there?

I know there is abuse of the system by scumbags, but before you judge anyone you see using one who may look fit and healthy, bear in mind many people suffer from very real and very debilitating, but invisible, illnesses and disabilities, again something I hope you never get to experience.

yes mate just signed it for you.a big YES from me that they can park on double’s. :wink:

It’s a NO from me.