Van driver earning more than class 1 driver

Just want to get me point across because this is boiling my ■■■■■

So as from April 1st this year some of you may or may not nmw goes from 7.50 per hour to 7.83 per hour, as it stands Ramage Transport day class 1 drivers earn 7.75 per hour and the ramage transport VAN driver earns 7.50 per hour,

So as from April 1st the VAN driver and class 1 driver will both be on the same rate of pay 7.83 per hour but because the van man puts in 18 hour shifts plus sometimes just because he can, he will actually be taking home more money than someone who has forked out £££ to get a class 1 licence!

Where is the justice in that? I’ve got nothing against the van driver but come on that’s ridiculous, there’s lads in there told the van driver to get his big boy licence buy why bother spending £££ to earn less? Not to mention Ramage don’t fund drivers CPC so you have to fork out of your own pocket to be able to do your job, the van man doesn’t need to worry about CPC, tachographs, weight limited roads, low bridges etc etc…

Every driver working there needs to down there keys and refuse point blank to do anything until the rate of pay is raised, at the end of the day no drivers=no collections/deliverys no collections/deliverys= no income for the company

Robin ramage would drop through the floor if drivers stood up to him and refused he would have no choice but to raise pay

I’m not one normally to complain but this is getting beyond a joke, I’m pleased I’m out of the place.

The flood of cheap labour from the world is absolutely causing these huge pay
cuts.It is not just in driving pal.Greedy bosses all over are using the national minimum wage to take advantage of an over supply of workers .
it will all implode on them when these foreigners start setting up in direct competition and completely devalue everything here .
I would rather sit on the dole than contribute to this shocking downward spiral of pay in 2018 .
try getting a house on this cash …It’s slave Labour .

If they paid me the same for class 1 and vans then its a rather easy decision, id be driving vans.

Each to there own, but vans are pretty much a (legal naturally) free for all.

I reguarly drive vans/cars/pull a little trailer but i get paid the same as i do for everything else.

No egos here.

Two armoured Bentley cars with private plates sitting in the office car park which I assume are Robin ramages so he’s obviously doing ok,

I believe in karma and I think it will bite back for him one day.

Why don’t you just not work for crap companies like Ramage then and leave the job up to the knuckle draggers that they do employ?

I earn more than a Ramage driver be it Class 1 or a van, I never will work for Ramage ever, so I find it difficult to care how poor a wages someone there is willing to put up with.

Since they don’t pay very much I wonder what the money they earn gets spent on? Its certainly not tackle since everything they run seems to be a pile of scrap.

A.

I’ve since left myself getting a job closer to home on 12.50 per hour,

All I’m saying is isn’t it time drivers stood up for themselves and stopped letting greedy employers walk all over them we could seriously do with a nationwide union who drivers can turn too.

Adonis.:
Why don’t you just not work for crap companies like Ramage then and leave the job up to the knuckle draggers that they do employ?

I earn more than a Ramage driver be it Class 1 or a van, I never will work for Ramage ever, so I find it difficult to care how poor a wages someone there is willing to put up with.

Since they don’t pay very much I wonder what the money they earn gets spent on? Its certainly not tackle since everything they run seems to be a pile of scrap.

A.

Agreed to answer that I was a new driver and needed a chance to gain valuable experience but I was a night driver £9 per hour slightly better but still very poor.

TruckerAds:

All I’m saying is isn’t it time drivers stood up for themselves and stopped letting greedy employers walk all over them we could seriously do with a nationwide union who drivers can turn too.

If they work for that money that’s up to them. They’re free to leave and work for someone paying better wages.

I don’t need a union, plenty others don’t, but because some at Ramages get paid peanuts we should have a nationwide union?

A.

I have my own union, its called me.

If people want to work for nothing on crap terms thats there issues.

You still get what you pay for imo.

Adonis.:

TruckerAds:

If they work for that money that’s up to them. They’re free to leave and work for someone paying better wages.

I don’t need a union, plenty others don’t, but because some at Ramages get paid peanuts we should have a nationwide union?

A.

No not at all its not just down to poor pay but poor working conditions and treatment , there’s been times id tipped somewhere and asked to use there toilet to be told it’s only for employee of there company.

TruckerAds:
No not at all its not just down to poor pay but poor working conditions and treatment , there’s been times id tipped somewhere and asked to use there toilet to be told it’s only for employee of there company.

Take a ■■■■■ in their yard then.

I’ve never been anywhere that hasn’t allowed me to use their toilet.

A.

Adonis is right.Just don’t do it.Even new drivers get more than that locally .Like £10.50-11
Just don’t feed the greedy pigs.

Beetlejuice:
Adonis is right.Just don’t do it.Even new drivers get more than that locally .Like £10.50-11
Just don’t feed the greedy pigs.

But if he doesn’t do it and gets up and leaves there’ll be someone along the next day who’ll do it unfortunately.

Easy answer to this scenario… become a van driver.

I get the same wage for driving vans and Class 1 locally. As much as I enjoy driving LGVs I know when I will finish each day and no DVSA. I will still keep my licence but maybe only for one more medical given the cost of that and CPC. It’s a ridiculous situation though

If you take into account the security duties a driver has to endure…hes on duty 24 hrs a day…so really is on very poor wages.

TruckerAds:
but poor working conditions and treatment , there’s been times id tipped somewhere and asked to use there toilet to be told it’s only for employee of there company.

Well that shouldn’t be an issue any more as legally you must be allowed access to toilet facilities. As for class 1 drivers working for the rates you quote then that’s more than they deserve for being unbelievably thick…

truckyboy:
If you take into account the security duties a driver has to endure…hes on duty 24 hrs a day…so really is on very poor wages.

Security duties? Dunno what security duties you take part in mate, but the sum total of my security duties is nix, nada, zilch, sweet F A.

This isn’t a new thing.

Around 1986 i was on one of the best paying general outfits in the area, i packed in artics and went driving vans on nights, less hours (a lot less being 4 on 4 off) and near enough 30% better wages.

Remember nearly all of you voted for what is now happening, you voted for politicians who had every intention of flooding the country with millions of immigrants, you got exactly what you voted for, and still voting for the same crew who will betray you without a shadow of doubt every time.
Why are turkeys surprised after all these years when Dec 25th comes round, definition of lunacy to repeat same action time after time yet expect a different result.

Juddian:
This isn’t a new thing.

Around 1986 i was on one of the best paying general outfits in the area, i packed in artics and went driving vans on nights, less hours (a lot less being 4 on 4 off) and near enough 30% better wages.

Remember nearly all of you voted for what is now happening, you voted for politicians who had every intention of flooding the country with millions of immigrants, you got exactly what you voted for, and still voting for the same crew who will betray you without a shadow of doubt every time.
Why are turkeys surprised after all these years when Dec 25th comes round, definition of lunacy to repeat same action time after time yet expect a different result.

Labour?