DFA first aid course

Any of you guys been on this course? I went on it yesterday, as a first aid trainer, I approached it with an open mind. I found it fairly interesting and enjoyed the course.

Not been on one myself.
But since it counts towards the DCPC it seems a good idea. I`d stick it in the suggestion box at work, if we had one.

Didn’t know what it was so googled it,
“Upon completion of the course you will be issued with an executive long sleeved hi viz”
Where do I sign?!.. :smiley:

In all honesty…i believe a course like this should be compulsory for all licence holders…or make it a part of the test, to be taken before the driving part, and make it compulsory for motorway course as well.

truckyboy:
In all honesty…i believe a course like this should be compulsory for all licence holders…or make it a part of the test, to be taken before the driving part, and make it compulsory for motorway course as well.

Why?,So aswell As poorly paid steering wheel attendants we should also be unpaid paramedics?

xichrisxi:
Why?,So aswell As poorly paid steering wheel attendants we should also be unpaid paramedics?

Why would you complain about the possibility of saving someones life and not getting paid for it ■■

raymundo:

xichrisxi:

Why would you complain about the possibility of saving someones life and not getting paid for it ■■

This course goes beyond that,they want to train you in accident management so that if you’re the first on the scene you can change into your super hero outfit…the “executive long sleeved hi viz vest” and take charge of the situation until help arrives.
I’ve no problem helping someone who has life threatening injuries…But I don’t want to have a special sticker or badge them gives the general public some false sense of security that I’m there to serve them :smiley:

raymundo:

xichrisxi:

I’d prefer it if they taught people to drive properly first. Then we might not need so many paramedics.

TiredAndEmotional:

raymundo:

xichrisxi:

I’d prefer it if they taught people to drive properly first. Then we might not need so many paramedics.

But you dont need to be a driver to need urgent first aid …

I am on a course tomorrow.

18 holes.

raymundo:

TiredAndEmotional:

But you dont need to be a driver to need urgent first aid …

Who said you did?

Franglais:
Not been on one myself.
But since it counts towards the DCPC it seems a good idea. I`d stick it in the suggestion box at work, if we had one.

The trainer was saying from next year, it’s going to be part of the DCPC.

My company did a press release that they supported it so I requested to go on a course this year. Heard nothing yet though.

Should be compulsory even though courses are a bit pricey beats sitting in a class room teaching granny’s to ■■■■ eggs.

BossHogg:

Franglais:
Not been on one myself.

The trainer was saying from next year, it’s going to be part of the DCPC.

driverfirstassist.org/pages/training
" What’s involved?
The first step to becoming a member of DFA is to join us on one of our nationally run training courses. If you are a professional driver, this 7-hour module will count towards your Driver CPC Periodic Training."
From their web site the course counts towards the DCPC. Was the trainer saying it will be a compulsory module from next year?

The whole DCPC is compulsory (if you wanna drive commercially that is) so why not actually do a module that just may benefit one of your nearest and dearest one day never mind benefiting a stranger?

We had 7 hours of lower grade education this week. It might not have been the fault of the instructor as I believe he was a late replacement. If we’re doing it we might as well do something REALLY useful in some way. I dare say cost might come into the equation.

I have been an advocate of first aid training in schools and certainly think it should be a requirement to obtain even a basic licence.
I did basic first aid in the scouts then got a certificate during the Duke of Edinburgh award scheme, then first aid at work , along with motorsport marshalling training .
Just the basics of CPR and management of bleeding can make a huge difference to the outcome of someone’s life when it all goes wrong .
I regard basic first aid as a life skill to be learned as early as possible.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Franglais:
Was the trainer saying it will be a compulsory module from next year?

He said from next year its becoming compulsory for all the modules to be different, as some drivers are doing the same module multiple times. So it’s being proposed that one of the modules is a compulsory first aid one.

Perhaps it would make a good petition to the govt that first aid/DFA is a compulsory dCPC module.

Great idea to have it part of the dcpc
What we have at the moment is inbarrising it just shows you what they think of drivers with the ■■■■ you have to sit through