Bad smells

Ok hers the thing I got givin this well used tractor unit to use for tramping and it smelled really bad like brarf bad, so took home all the covers and washed them twice. So now that smell gone how do I get rid off the 40 ■■■■■ a day smell as I am a none smoker as it smells liking a working men’s club now… :question:

For really dodgy smells and stains try CIF rubbed on with an antibacterial floor wipe. 2 or 3 deep cleans will do it.

Or just start smoking it’s less effort.
To be fair you might as well smoke now as your getting the crappy bits without the good stuff like looking cool and having brown fingers.

Febreze spray and febreze air freshners work wonders.

start smoking .Soon forget the stench .
no sorry try fabreze

Why worry, if you’re tramping it won’t be long before you smell worse than the truck. :grimacing:

get sme tfl from your workshop and a trigger bottle.just dont destroy the plastic on the dash.the caustic n the soap will kill the smell.
it also help if you eat sprout with every meal,alternating with chicken tikka vindaloo…fight fire with fire… :slight_smile:

You can clean and scrub the whole cab out but ■■■ smoke gets into plastics and fabrics and is nearly impossible to remove entirely. Personally i’d wet vac any fabrics not easily removed using a deodorisor in with the detergent and use a kitchen degreaser like Cif on hard plastics.
If its a company truck, why has it been smoked in?

Drive with the windows open like us really 'ard ■■■■■■■■ used to do years ago. :wink:

peterm:
Drive with the windows open like us really 'ard [zb] used to do years ago. :wink:

And no doubt with just the red glow of a ■■■ for a heater, roping and sheeting in -10 was for hard ■■■■■■■■ too so my old dad used to say. Got beaten regular as clockwork every night…but it was a good life… :sunglasses::wink:

If you look on eBay you can find what the Yanks call an ‘odor bomb’ but there is a bloke in the UK who sells them. It’s made by a company called Dakota and I just bought one for a car I was selling that stank

You have to put paper down where you are setting the thing off and then not go near for at least a couple of hours.

Worked a treat! I think I paid just under a tenner for it. If you need more info just pm me

> peterm:
> Drive with the windows open like us really 'ard [zb] used to do years ago. :wink:

Didn’t have to have the windows open years ago on British built wagons- there where enough factory fitted drafts to keep things fresh as it was :stuck_out_tongue:
used to love the left leg freshener through the hole in the floor for the gear lever :unamused:

If I was given a truck in that state to go tramping, I’d tell the company to get it valeted, or do one. Quite apart from the smell, you have no idea whatever else festers in there.

And get the matrass changed.

Steering wheel will have the most manky bacteria, that also needs a good scrub. Check under the mattress for ‘the sock’…

Machine wash the curtains, zoflora to clean every surface twice a day, if your seats are leather give them a blast with zoflora and use a paintbrush to agitate it then wipe off. Use an upholstery cleaner if they’re cloth and a stiff brush to agitate. Soak them with febreeze if they’re cloth after cleaning.

Clean the inside of the windows and windscreen. Use an odour killer to give inside the vents a spray twice a day. Use zoflora and anti bacterial wipes to clean the steering wheel regularly, especially at parts where hands regularly hold it.

You’ll want to run with the windows down a bit and the sunroof open a crack if you have one, for a week or two.

Once you’ve done that, some nice smelling dash dressings, hanging air fresheners, vent sticks and spray air fresheners will have it good as new.

A.

Horrible smells live in the curtains. So why are they fitted with flimsy fiddly weak runners that break when taken off and replaced?

Sent from my GT-S7275R using Tapatalk

Take the curtains out to wash, also check to see if you can remove the cover from the mattress,and wash that, (daf and Volvo can be removed), and then this.

halfords.com/motoring/engine … aner-150ml

Apart from washing what can be washed and removed. Id be demanding a new mattress.

Cheers guys and have already washed the mattress covers twice and if I run with the windows open it wafts even more . But I will try the other options or jack it in as I don’t need this job when there are other options…

Pawuk:
Cheers guys and have already washed the mattress covers twice and if I run with the windows open it wafts even more . But I will try the other options or jack it in as I don’t need this job when there are other options…

If it’s as bad as you say, why did you even take it out of the gate.
Would you stay in a b&b in such a state, if not why would you consider using a truck that is similar?
If it was me I’d have been insulted, I would only have accepted it on condition that it went in for a deep clean valet paid for by the company.
When I started at Brit European the truck had more marks and scrapes than a stock car, and looked bloody awful which put me off first impression.
When I looked inside with trepidation, they had internally valeted it before I picked it up, and put a brand new matress cover on it, so I was happy to take it.

robroy:

Pawuk:

If it’s as bad as you say, why did you even take it out of the gate.
Would you stay in a b&b in such a state, if not why would you consider using a truck that is similar?
If it was me I’d have been insulted, I would only have accepted it on condition that it went in for a deep clean valet paid for by the company.
When I started at Brit European the truck had more marks and scrapes than a stock car, and looked bloody awful which put me off first impression.
When I looked inside with trepidation, they had internally valeted it before I picked it up, and put a brand new matress cover on it, so I was happy to take it.

It seems you and I are the only ones here with standards Rob, and some modicum of self worth.