Bad smells

Pawuk:

the nodding donkey:

robroy:

Pawuk:
Cheers guys and have already washed the mattress covers twice and if I run with the windows open it wafts even more . But I will try the other options or jack it in as I don’t need this job when there are other options…

If it’s as bad as you say, why did you even take it out of the gate.
Would you stay in a b&b in such a state, if not why would you consider using a truck that is similar?
If it was me I’d have been insulted, I would only have accepted it on condition that it went in for a deep clean valet paid for by the company.
When I started at Brit European the truck had more marks and scrapes than a stock car, and looked bloody awful which put me off first impression.
When I looked inside with trepidation, they had internally valeted it before I picked it up, and put a brand new matress cover on it, so I was happy to take it.

It seems you and I are the only ones here with standards Rob, and some modicum of self
worth.

Trust me guys I have standards and as I was out off pocket due to my last company going under before Christmas well I had to provide for my family so it was a bitter pill to swollow and a temporary one…

I take your point mate, I too have been on my arse a couple of times, so I sympathise with you.

However did you not speak up, and show your boss the disgusting state of the truck, and at least try and get him to foot the bill for a standard valet at least.
It would not have cost him a fortune.

I just think they did not show you much respect by chucking a heap of ■■■■ at you to drive, and just expect you to go with it…which you did.

My point is maybe if you had have said something, that very respect may have been gained for your advantage in the future… :bulb: