Jobs advertised

The same firms seem to advertise regularly and I wondered what % of staff turn over these large and medium sized firms have, or just accept as normal churn.

I was told that at one time NISA at Scunthorpe had a 75% turnover, and the manager just shrugged and said “there are 10 a penny drivers”.

Blunder Man:
I was told that at one time NISA at Scunthorpe had a 75% turnover, and the manager just shrugged and said “there are 10 a penny drivers”.

Anyone who has worked there would think it was more, but there must be a time when no drivers are left.

At the last place I worked they advertise all year as if the right person sends a CV in the boss will buy another unit (Auction special first :wink: ) as there was always more loads available in bulk haulage.

Id say last 8 months we have advertised alot, someone left and it’s proving hard to find a decent driver… One of the better payers, decent tackle, barely any nights out (unless you want them)…

yt03:
Id say last 8 months we have advertised alot, someone left and it’s proving hard to find a decent driver… One of the better payers, decent tackle, barely any nights out (unless you want them)…

Most of time depends on area as to what applicants you’ll get.

And ‘better payer’ is def area dependant, what’s good in one place will be poor in another

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dcgpx:

yt03:

Most of time depends on area as to what applicants you’ll get.

And ‘better payer’ is def area dependant, what’s good in one place will be poor in another

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yeah definitely, Hull is not the best for pay, far from it! But compared to what some pay we are on a good deal i believe

My company don’t bother advertising in the UK anymore because the drivers simply aren’t there. Every time someone retires or leaves they are replaced by Polish/Romanian agency. It’s 70% Eastern Europeans now. They’re happy to work weekends for normal Monday to Friday pay.

Mickey mouse:
My company don’t bother advertising in the UK anymore because the drivers simply aren’t there. Every time someone retires or leaves they are replaced by Polish/Romanian agency. It’s 70% Eastern Europeans now. They’re happy to work weekends for normal Monday to Friday pay.

Yes same here , Hungarians , Latvians , Russians , Bulgarians , etc etc , I’m a bit bums truck though as I voted to send them all home ( I’m apprarently one of those old grey racist brexiters who’ve ■■■■■■ the kids futures up :laughing: ) but there still here :unamused: , hopefully if there’s a few spare seats on the planes / boats they can squeeze a few agency on

Surely not all firms are as high as nisa at 75% , would it be around 30 to 40% be normal.