Had my worst ever day this week

Sure many of you know I’ve not been on the road long.

Thursday this week started with my car not starting. Work offered to send someone to run me in. Ok. But by the time I got in I was effectively behind. With an hour twenty drive to my first drop! Blind on most of the drops. And I’m just playing catch up all day. Ended up bringing a few back undelivered.

The icing on the cake was me catching a small domestic type trailer with the tail lift and dragging it around a bit. 14 hour day. Think I got right up to my breaking point tbh. Learnt some valuable lessons that day.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Just chalk it up to being one of them things, you’ll find that once your late you never catch up, just chill don’t stress and do one job at a time if it doesn’t get delivered there is always tomorrow. Start again next week and have a blast.

Daveyandbev:
Just chalk it up to being one of them things, you’ll find that once your late you never catch up, just chill don’t stress and do one job at a time if it doesn’t get delivered there is always tomorrow. Start again next week and have a blast.

I wasn’t particularly stressed by it until I hit that trailer. That happened late on the day and then I’d just had enough. Learnt a few lessons deffinately one of those things.

Once you’ve lost time…it’s gone forever

We’ve all had rotten days. You’ve got the right attitude as chalking it up to experience and move forward

Some days can be real pigs where you wonder why you even got up in the morning

good_friend:
We’ve all had rotten days. You’ve got the right attitude as chalking it up to experience and move forward

Some days can be real pigs where you wonder why you even got up in the morning

In hindsight I wish I’d refused the offer of being run in to work and sorted the car.

We all have bum days and “why do we bother days” but like you said onwards and upwards,at least next time you can think “it’s not as bad as last Thursday” .
At least you went in and did the day ok it didn’t work out as planned but at least you tried top man.

Jeff.

Hate to to break…

This to you.

You’ll have days worse than this.

You can’t change time, you can’t change what may or may not occur during your shift but, you can change how you feel about it.

Don’t stress over work, it gets there when you get it there. Start tarearsing around trying to make everyone happy and you’ll have a heart attack.

yourhavingalarf:
Hate to to break…

This to you.

You’ll have days worse than this.

You can’t change time, you can’t change what may or may not occur during your shift but, you can change how you feel about it.

Don’t stress over work, it gets there when you get it there. Start tarearsing around trying to make everyone happy and you’ll have a heart attack.

Hard to imagine a worse day. Maybe if I break down…

You’re right though about not tearing about. It would kill me. Like I’ve said I think I learnt something about my limits. I knew early on in the day id struggle. Did ask for help but the driver sent to me never showed. In a similar day I’d have called it sooner and come back I reckon. Or ordered my drops differently.

It will not matter how long you have been in the game,

I had the mother of all bad days last Thursday, nothing, and I mean nothing went as it should have done. I staggered back into the yard on fourteen hours and 58 minutes on duty and with 593 Kms on the clock. This was all over 1 drop in the west midlands and three collections around the area.

Not one of our own trailers at 4.0 meters, but another firms 15’3 inch ancient monstrosity, they had loaded 25 ton of copper all on the rear two thirds of the trailer deck so that had to be sorted out and reloaded and strapped properly before leaving.I got soaked in the process. Then the M25 and the M1 were not playing nicely.

The delivery point was behind the game with a shortage of staff and others in front of me.I then got soaked again while getting unloaded. Each collection seemed to be in the middle of an area with the tallest bridge being shorter that the stupid tall trailer I had. The last collection didnt know I was picking up that day and had not got the goods ready.

The drive back down to Purfleet (shudder) was slow as heck with traffic and queues on the M6, M1 and as usual the M25, dropped the relic of a trailer in ‘their’ yard in the middle of what resembled Lake Geneva…wet feet again.

Roll on retirement !

Twoninety88:
It will not matter how long you have been in the game,

I had the mother of all bad days last Thursday, nothing, and I mean nothing went as it should have done. I staggered back into the yard on fourteen hours and 58 minutes on duty and with 593 Kms on the clock. This was all over 1 drop in the west midlands and three collections around the area.

Not one of our own trailers at 4.0 meters, but another firms 15’3 inch ancient monstrosity, they had loaded 25 ton of copper all on the rear two thirds of the trailer deck so that had to be sorted out and reloaded and strapped properly before leaving.I got soaked in the process. Then the M25 and the M1 were not playing nicely.

The delivery point was behind the game with a shortage of staff and others in front of me.I then got soaked again while getting unloaded. Each collection seemed to be in the middle of an area with the tallest bridge being shorter that the stupid tall trailer I had. The last collection didnt know I was picking up that day and had not got the goods ready.

The drive back down to Purfleet (shudder) was slow as heck with traffic and queues on the M6, M1 and as usual the M25, dropped the relic of a trailer in ‘their’ yard in the middle of what resembled Lake Geneva…wet feet again.

Roll on retirement !

Christ. That’s a day! I’m hoping Monday is a good day. Need to get a good day under my belt to feel happy again.

It will be better once you sort your car out…if you can get to work on time, it makes all the difference…and thats what put you in a twist wasnt it…good luck for next week… :smiley:

I love my job! :smiley:

truckyboy:
It will be better once you sort your car out…if you can get to work on time, it makes all the difference…and thats what put you in a twist wasnt it…good luck for next week… :smiley:

Yeah, life sometimes can be like a few scenes from that John Cleese film ‘Clockwise’ :slight_smile:

Ah man, onwards and upwards like everyone else has been saying. No one hurt so all is well in your world. Just come in fresh tomorrow and get back to enjoying it mate!

truckyboy:

Yeah true.

Twoninety88:

truckyboy:

Yeah, life sometimes can be like a few scenes from that John Cleese film ‘Clockwise’ :slight_smile:

Or a carry on. Carry on trucking?

As said above,when the time has gone,it’s gone.No amount of fleeing about will get it back and the more you try the more things will conspire against you.C’est la vie.Good experience for the future in learning not to stress out about crap days of which you will see many more.Smile,deep breath and carry on.

Daveyandbev:

Perfect advice, we’ve all been there (unless your mega lucky) dont give up. Once your late your late. theres no point in rushing you’ll never catch up and you’ll just make mistakes. Chill out and enjoy.

Time…It is a measurement used to enslave us…If you agree to it.
I have never and will never adhere to it, I do it on my terms and time is not a fixture/measurement that features wildly in my existence.
Time will bring you stress.
Time is what others expect of you.
Time is a device used to enslave you.
Time is a device to ensure that your experience and dedication is brought down to the lowest common denominator.
Time is used by others who feel that they own you, to control you.

Time has too many negative connotations, to be of any positive use to those who are not in control of it.

Time is illusionary, it does not exist…Humans invented it to measure…The measurement is subjective, time is total and complete ball locks.