VOR it?

Dork Lard:
If a part of TNUK’s reason for its existence is about experienced drivers passing their knowledge onto the newbies then this is a classic example of how it fails.

Trolling is OK when it’s easy to see it as that, everyone likes a bit of banter & none more so than us FLUB’s who spend all day in a cab, but when the given advice is not only wrong it is horribly wrong, then it’s time to start drawing the lines.

If a newbie doesn’t know how to defect a truck to the extent that they daren’t defect a truck for fear of losing their job, then maybe driving a truck isn’t for them.

Not knowing something is an entirely different situation, to being reluctant to say something through fear.

It’s entirely understandable that newbies will not know procedures as well as an experienced driver, that’s part of being a newbie, he has to learn these things through time.
I gave the lad some advice, while careful to pre.empt and stress, that he should check up with somebody who knew more about it, but that’s all it was…advice, not an instruction.
It’s up to him whether or not he takes that advice, and he need not, but it adds another option for him.

It’s equally understandable that a newbie is not going to be the most vocal about stuff, and maybe be a bit fearful about speaking out, until he gets more established.
It’s ok for the likes of me who have done a bit to tell him not to put up with this that and the other, and mouth off about something to the appropriate party, like I maybe would in a similar case, but it’s much harder for a new lad with little experience to do the same.

Also, I really can’t see how your reference to trolling is applicable to the content of this thread either tbh. :neutral_face: