Feedback Forum

I know a lot don’t ever read it, some don’t know it exists, so have a look on it …before this thread also gets moved on to there (or removed. :unamused: )
Rikki has made a comment about the habitual 3 or 4 trolls, (or 1 pretending to be 4) and what his intentions are.(‘‘Extracting the urine’’ thread)
I know there have been many comments on here about it.

Maybe aint my place to say.as I aint an official or a mod, but maybe it should be posted and fixed on all the forums, so the relavent ‘‘few’’ would notice and get their card marked. :bulb:

Stickied (for a while) by dd.

Good call and about time, it was getting tedious.

Please teacher, he’s calling me names, and writing things i don’t like,

We’ll little snowflake, either ignore what he says, and don’t talk him, or ask your mummy to take you to another school.

biggriffin:
Please teacher, he’s calling me names, and writing things i don’t like,

We’ll little snowflake, either ignore what he says, and don’t talk him, or ask your mummy to take you to another school.

Errrr…Not sure if that’s aimed at me or not bud, seeing as I’m the o/p on this thread. :neutral_face:
If it is don’t shoot the messenger here I was just drawing it to the attention of those who had been expressing disaproval of all this crap on previous posts on here and on Bully’s, because on past occasions it has been said on here that stuff has been missed on the other forum…that’s all. :bulb:

My mummy says Hi btw.

Rentadent:
Good call and about time, it was getting tedious.

Thanks mate, but we do have to be fair and try to strike a balance.

On the one hand, we have those who say that we immediately go marching in wearing jackboots and stamping on anything remotely humorous.

On the other hand, we have those who say that we’re far too slack and allow too much go on without stepping in.

Both camps are entitled to their opinion and, for me, both have a good point.

However, this is about thresholds and balance whilst remembering that we can’t please all of the people all of the time.

Let’s just say that fairness dictates that we give pointers and some friendly advice at first, then we give them some rope and an opportunity to decide what they want to do with it. :smiley:

Something needed doing.

There have been numerous comments from the moderators which anyone with half a brain would have taken as fiendly :wink: warnings, and one or two more obvious warnings for the more obtuse, unfortunately these seem to have fallen on stony ground so the bigger stick is now in play, anyone receiving the big stick only has themselves to blame.

There’s a world of difference between a bit of teasing humour, the genuinely amusing, and the increasing personal and nasty which has crept in of late from a small minority, which has ruined some other forums leading to thoroughly decent and constructive posters walking away.

Its the owner of the site’s club, and we are allowed in free, so their rules, if they think the site is losing out overall due to the antics of a handful of individuals then no one can blame them for putting things right.

robroy:
I know a lot don’t ever read it, some don’t know it exists, so have a look on it …before this thread also gets moved on to there (or removed. :unamused: )

Agreed Rob, the Feedback Forum you refer to is here:

I won’t be moving your fine OP because it will make people aware of the Feedback Forum and so it’s free advertising to direct people there. :bulb:

robroy:
Rikki has made a comment about the habitual 3 or 4 trolls, (or 1 pretending to be 4) and what his intentions are.(‘‘Extracting the urine’’ thread)
I know there have been many comments on here about it.

Rikki’s post is here:

robroy:
… maybe it should be posted and fixed on all the forums, …

I guess that Rikki might have considered doing that </diplomatic mode>

I thought it a good idea to sticky this here for exactly the reason that you gave.
That way, nobody has sore toes. :smiley:

robroy:
… so the relavent ‘‘few’’ would notice and get their card marked. :bulb:

The “few” have been noticed by the many; and so the card marking has been duly carried out and a sort of equilibrium has been restored. We await delivery of more rope, because he/they have used what we had available in the TN rope store. :smiley:

Did the rope meet the dvsa guidelines :laughing:

Punchy Dan:

I don’t think DVSA even acknowledge it anymore since the introduction of straps - shame really - I like a bit of rope sometimes - ooh Matron!!

Punchy Dan:

Yes indeed it did Dan, the Chinese exporters were very clear about this when we bought it.

Further assurances were given by the EE agency driver who delivered it.

While I would hate to see the forum being sanitised and restricting heated debate, disagreements, people who express their opinions in a forthright manner and even the eccentric or delusional posters.
I think the creation of multiple accounts merely for the purpose of trolling or baiting needs to be stopped. Those with multiple accounts don’t seem to have come here to express a difference of opinion, but to start or reply to threads merely to get a reaction.

1 Like

muckles:
While I would hate to see the forum being sanitised and restricting heated debate, disagreements, people who express their opinions in a forthright manner and even the eccentric or delusional posters.
I think the creation of multiple accounts merely for the purpose of trolling or baiting needs to be stopped. Those with multiple accounts don’t seem to have come here to express a difference of opinion, but to start or reply to threads merely to get a reaction.

+1 Like you, I have no problems at all with forthright people or opinions that might be a little close to the bone. I was told from the start that this isn’t a job for a “precious princess” (hope that doesn’t offend anyone :grimacing: ), but that doesn’t mean I want to be personally insulted merely because I’m there. An awful lot of these new accounts seem to have the sole intention of insulting people or creating unnecessary and disruptive arguments. Frankly, they bring nothing to this forum.

I think that the moderation here strikes a near perfect balance usually, the only issue I have is that "an obvious troll is an obvious troll is an obvious troll " and if we can see it I’m sure that you the mods can too. Trotting out the line “they haven’t breached forum rules” doesn’t really cut it IMO, it’s your train set so why not use a big stick and suspend their posting privileges (and privileges is what they are) without premod which itself causes you the mods headaches?

the maoster:
I think that the moderation here strikes a near perfect balance usually, the only issue I have is that "an obvious troll is an obvious troll is an obvious troll " and if we can see it I’m sure that you the mods can too. Trotting out the line “they haven’t breached forum rules” doesn’t really cut it IMO, it’s your train set so why not use a big stick and suspend their posting privileges (and privileges is what they are) without premod which itself causes you the mods headaches?

What makes it right for poster A to be an obnoxious ■■■■ having got away with it for 5/10/15 years as opposed to a relative newbie? Rules have to be the same for all and they very rarely are.

Vid:

the maoster:

What makes it right for poster A to be an obnoxious [zb] having got away with it for 5/10/15 years as opposed to a relative newbie? Rules have to be the same for all and they very rarely are.

+1

the maoster:

Other option of course is as the situation changes, update the rules.

Put a refreshed link at the top with a week or twos notice. Job done

Vid:

the maoster:

What makes it right for poster A to be an obnoxious [zb] having got away with it for 5/10/15 years as opposed to a relative newbie? Rules have to be the same for all and they very rarely are.

That wouldn’t be right at all Vid, so as far as is possible the rules are evenly enforced.

Now just to get the balance right… do you think it possible that a “relative newbie” hasn’t quite gauged the general mood and tempo of the forums before pitching in with (what they think) are OK comments?

Equally, do you think it possible that it might just be deliberate mischief making?

I can assure you that lots of pointers and advice are given, including some by PM, but just now and again… they simply have their own disruptive agenda which persists until they hit the buffers.

so its ok for the odious “the moaster” and “the knodding donkey” to slag people of for years

Sometimes the teasing is well justified

It’s when it becomes abusive that it becomes painful and unnecessary

Simcant - I’m a relative newbie like you. The only difference is that I don’t try and wind people up just for the sake of it. If you persist in sticking your head over the parapet then please expect to be shot at

simcant:
so its ok for the odious “the moaster” and “the knodding donkey” to slag people of for years

In the time you’ve been on Trucknet, you’ve called several posters “Pricks” or “Numnuts” have any of those posts been edited by the moderators or have they ever sent you a warning over it?