New roadworks speed limit?

Never seen a 55 before

chaversdad:
Never seen a 55 before

It was trialled on the M3 and somewhere else a few months ago, didn’t make any difference to the traffic flow on the M3 that I could see, but then I am limited to 52mph :slight_smile:

Changed the limit to 55 on the M1 east of Leeds last week, cars still wombling through at 40 tho

Mackem:
Changed the limit to 55 on the M1 east of Leeds last week, cars still wombling through at 40 tho

Partly due to car’s not having a calibrated speed measuring device fitted which as a result always gives a reading higher than the real speed they are travelling at, ( this also increases the faster they go) and them not being aware of this, and then using caution so set their speed even lower, they do not realise that lorries aren’t speeding but on the actual limit, or would be if these idiots would get out of their ■■■■■■■ way!!! instead of trying to create a rolling block

Your car shows 50mph you are only doing 45 ish in reality, if your speed says 56 it’s around 50mph and so on, i used to always match my speed with the lorry in front through roadworks sometime even a bit faster, never had any speeding tickets

tommy t:

Mackem:

Partly due to car’s not having a calibrated speed measuring device fitted which as a result always gives a reading higher than the real speed they are travelling at, ( this also increases the faster they go) and them not being aware of this, and then using caution so set their speed even lower, they do not realise that lorries aren’t speeding but on the actual limit, or would be if these idiots would get out of their [zb] way!!! instead of trying to create a rolling block

Your car shows 50mph you are only doing 45 ish in reality, if your speed says 56 it’s around 50mph and so on, i used to always match my speed with the lorry in front through roadworks sometime even a bit faster, never had any speeding tickets

I set my cruise control to 56mph in the car in roadworks and very very rarely do I find trucks going faster than that, bearing in mind gps speed is 53/54 at that speed. In fact the only people who ever hold me up at that speed are other cars.

Again went through the 55mph section, m1, in a truck the other week and struggled to keep it at 54.5mph

In a car, in the 55mph limit, i’d be setting it at 60 maybe 61. Although it’s a limit not a target etc, blah blah

Bit like America, their speed limits seem to finish with a 5 (35, 45, 75 etc).
I seem to remember the A23 to Brighton had a 55 limit on the bendy bit before they re-done it, might have been a temp limit though.

GORDON 50:
Bit like America, their speed limits seem to finish with a 5 (35, 45, 75 etc).
I seem to remember the A23 to Brighton had a 55 limit on the bendy bit before they re-done it, might have been a temp limit though.

Sounds like a guessing game to me… .(If Mary had 3 apples, 2 pears and a banana, how far south of Glasgow would she be ?)

tommy t:
Partly due to car’s not having a calibrated speed measuring device fitted which as a result always gives a reading higher than the real speed they are travelling at, ( this also increases the faster they go) and them not being aware of this, and then using caution so set their speed even lower, they do not realise that lorries aren’t speeding but on the actual limit, or would be if these idiots would get out of their [zb] way!!! instead of trying to create a rolling block

Yes, but as you have proven in the past, you are one of the knuckle-dragging half-wits who believes that not only is tailgating other vehicles through these sections of roadworks acceptable, but it’s actually the driver of the other vehicle’s fault for it happening.

It’s not everyone else’s fault that you have such a ■■■■ job that you need to be on the limiter all day, every day. Are you still working for that outfit in Preston that pays £90-odd for a 21-hour day?