Volvo batterys

About time

iepieleaks.nl/volvo-improves-ele … fm-and-fh/

or read it from here

hgvuk.com/volvo-trucks-intr … ry-system/

A new set just before winter gets them through the winter.

Dont know what volvos problem is, batterys, heater blowers and window wiper motors being replaced annualy on a fleet of 100ish fh4’s

It is about time, my narrowboat has had this system from new and it was built in 1986.

Harry Monk:
It is about time, my narrowboat has had this system from new and it was built in 1986.

Deep cycle leisure batteries?

AndrewG:

Harry Monk:

Yes, I have three batteries, one 115Ah starter battery and two 115Ah leisure batteries. No matter how much I flatten the leisure batteries, the starter battery remains fully charged. Then when I start the engine, all three are charged to the correct levels by means of a split charge relay.

The Volvo system uses gel batteries, which are superior to lead acid batteries but very expensive. I’ll be interested to see if this move by Volvo brings the cost of them down.

Harry Monk:

AndrewG:

Harry Monk:

Yes, I have three batteries, one 115Ah starter battery and two 115Ah leisure batteries. No matter how much I flatten the leisure batteries, the starter battery remains fully charged. Then when I start the engine, all three are charged to the correct levels by means of a split charge relay.

The Volvo system uses gel batteries, which are superior to lead acid batteries but very expensive. I’ll be interested to see if this move by Volvo brings the cost of them down.

Big capacity at 115ah, a good system knowing you’ll always have the starter battery fully charged.
Surprised Volvo are not using AGM batteries which have big amperage and charge quickly, although not sure the cost of these against gel technology…

fingermissing:
About time

/

Read the last line of the above article.

V4 are also consuming compressors due to extended oil drain, Volvo won’t say anything, but there is discount on new compressors,

biggriffin:

fingermissing:
About time

/

Read the last line of the above article.

V4 are also consuming compressors due to extended oil drain, Volvo won’t say anything, but there is discount on new compressors,

100K service interval is just too long no matter the oil technology. Im having mine done at 50K, top spec oil, gen filters…

Scania has had a 4 battery system on the R series for at least 4 years.