Six dead car crash Birmingham

Happened at 01.00 :open_mouth: :frowning: One week before Xmas. RIP all.

(Could somebody please put a link up?)

bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-bi … m-42383464
birminghammail.co.uk/news/mi … y-14048426

Grim

All four men thrown from the vehicle? Two immediate thoughts. Excessive speed, and not wearing seat belts.

Rip the innocent victims.

Juddian:
Birmingham crash: Six dead in 'horrific' smash - BBC News
birminghammail.co.uk/news/mi … y-14048426

Grim

(Thanks J).

eagerbeaver:

Juddian:

(Thanks J).

Welcome mate.

Black ice? was a hell of bloody frost in the midlands last night.

Juddian:

eagerbeaver:

Juddian:

(Thanks J).

Welcome mate.

Black ice? was a hell of bloody frost in the midlands last night.

I was out with another trucker pal of mine in Warrington last night, phoned Mrs B to come & pick us up at 01.30 and the place was like a bloody ice rink mate :neutral_face: Glad I wasnt in a wagon overnight on the roads.

Squeeky bum time.

Looks like a car crossed over the central reservation.

What price a crash barrier!!!

Birmingham 2.jpg

Mail on Line article

TNCSI Beaver verdict. 4 young lads in a black Audi A3 come round the left hand bend to drop down into the tunnel at 0/-1 degrees cold wet road in lane 1. Undertake the white Seat (who then hits the brakes and has hit another vehicle?? and then causes the vehicle behind to hit him in the arse).

Because the A3 has altered momentum in an almost perfect set-up for a Scandinavian flick, he has lost the back end and slid across the non existing central reservation :open_mouth: and has been piled into on the nearside by a car being overtaken by a taxi.

Taxi & other vehicles collision has then turned the taxi over (unfortunately on the drivers side meaning the driver has impacted the road surface and I reckon it’s his passengers (probably not wearing seatbelts that were ejected).

I suspect the little Vauxhall Meriva type thing has pretty much got away with it as the structure looks well intact.

My suspicion is that the critically injured driver is the A3 driver (multiple airbags/leg room + being on the offside at point of impact) and his passengers/mates have all died. Obvious undertake at speed in an unsettled car for me.

moomooland:

Mail on Line article

Looking at the damage , that wouldn’t have Possibly made much of a difference.
Gets me how people say black ice was the cause or it was windy or the road was wet or foggy, it’s the driver who was primarily at fault nothing else .

Rip to the unfortunate.

And this is a prime example why a clouser will be in place to find out exactly what happened

moomooland:

What’s the speed limit on this section of road?
If it’s a normal urban limit of 30 or 40 mph why should it be treated any differently than any section of single carriageway without a central reservation as they as equally, if not more, likely to have a vehicle cross into the opposite lane?

I went that way last week and thought it was 30 .

muckles:

Unless it’s changed recently, which I doubt, the speed limit on that stretch of road is 40mph.

There are speed camera signs up but I don’t think there are any speed cameras in the underpass, I could be wrong though.

muckles:

moomooland:

If it’s a normal urban limit of 30 or 40 mph why should it be treated any differently than any section of single carriageway without a central reservation as they as equally, if not more, likely to have a vehicle cross into the opposite lane?

BBC R4 news at 13hr00 World This Weekend, said local residents spoke of cars having late night races. Obviously we dont know if thats true in this case, but looking at the damage we`ll all be looking and wondering.
bbc.co.uk/programmes/b09jbrwz approx 01min30sec

eagerbeaver:
TNCSI Beaver verdict. 4 young lads in a black Audi A3 come round the left hand bend to drop down into the tunnel at 0/-1 degrees cold wet road in lane 1. Undertake the white Seat (who then hits the brakes and has hit another vehicle?? and then causes the vehicle behind to hit him in the arse).

Because the A3 has altered momentum in an almost perfect set-up for a Scandinavian flick, he has lost the back end and slid across the non existing central reservation :open_mouth: and has been piled into on the nearside by a car being overtaken by a taxi.

Taxi & other vehicles collision has then turned the taxi over (unfortunately on the drivers side meaning the driver has impacted the road surface and I reckon it’s his passengers (probably not wearing seatbelts that were ejected).

I suspect the little Vauxhall Meriva type thing has pretty much got away with it as the structure looks well intact.

My suspicion is that the critically injured driver is the A3 driver (multiple airbags/leg room + being on the offside at point of impact) and his passengers/mates have all died. Obvious undertake at speed in an unsettled car for me.

^^^+1.

Also to add, a certain sector of da you"ffs in Birmingham, regularly race along the tunnels, the CCTV may prove wright or wrong, if it was working, A seat Leon, and an,A3 with you’ffs in, doesn’t bode well.

The ACE cafe earned its fame for motorcycles
Put on a record, ride to Staples Corner and back, sit down before the record ended.

I have driven that road many times in the past and on more than one occasion I saw a car going for the off ramp and then changing their mind causing them to change lane at the last moment … maybe … ■■?

This was on the radio over here so it must have been bad :frowning:

eagerbeaver:

On the radio news tonight, police are looking into reports of cars racing… seems you’re not just a pretty face.

the nodding donkey:

eagerbeaver:

On the radio news tonight, police are looking into reports of cars racing… seems you’re not just a pretty face.

So where do we go next?
Shouldn`t the cops have stopped street racing before this incident?

Or who thinks any street racers should have been left alone and not “grassed up”? “Going a bit over the top ain`t affecting me”?

No satisfaction in being (potentially) right Mule. Just shown this to my 12 year old lad and explained to him how being cool and watching Fast & Furious can end up.

So many lives/families ruined. Let’s hope some armco gets installed in this section, and if late night racing still takes place, vehicles get seized.

We have all been young Ayrton Senna’s in our time and I suspect there are a few of us petrolheads on this very forum have pushed our luck in our ’ yoof '. Now the majority of us I suspect are parents ourselves and it all seems very different :neutral_face:

IF the scenario is as suspected, what would/should happen to the A3 driver? I am normally a ruthless and pitiless son of a ■■■■■, but on this occasion (assuming the A3 driver has in fact done wrong) I feel different. How on earth do you live with the outcome of this? What kind of punishment could be worse than knowing you have killed your mates as well as others? :cry:

As always in tragic circumstances there are lessons to be learnt, this crash in particular saddens me deeply as it appears to be a ’ perfect storm ’ of contributing factors and timing.