Amazon

BBC R4 news report at 07hr00 today. (no link as I type this, but should be there soon)
Amazon Prime deliveries are not being made within the promised delivery times. Van drivers are allegedly being threatened with fines if they call in sick. Amazon say they cannot comment on actions of an independent delivery company, but insist on high standards from their contractors.

Typical. I ordered my 5 pack of Cortado Tassimo discs last night, how the hell am I supposed to function without it? Surely I can claim for stress?

I reckon Amazon should have snapped these guys up, they had a fully functioning drone delivery service while Amazon can only manage a limited trail. :laughing:

Many of these companies only want to employ full time staff fot 8 months of the year but then come Christmas peak expect to pick up all the bodies they need operating to the “strict standards” they impose…turkeys coming home to roost…?

Prime hasn’t been next day for some time, not just the Christmas rush.

However the customer service and (better security) one payment method at Amazon and the usual speed of delivery via Prime, keeps us as customers, the delivery lads are always polite, not so bad in daylight but they somehow manage to find so many addresses after dark, and yes many of the lads are east europeans, i reckon they do pretty well overall.

I take me hat off to all the door to door parcel people, buggered if i’d want it.

Juddian:

However the customer service and (better security) one payment method at Amazon and the usual speed of delivery via Prime, keeps us as customers, the delivery lads are always polite, not so bad in daylight but they somehow manage to find so many addresses after dark, and yes many of the lads are east europeans, i reckon they do pretty well overall.

I take me hat off to all the door to door parcel people, buggered if i’d want it.

Been there done it and Zb if I’d do it again !!!

Franglais:
BBC R4 news report at 07hr00 today. (no link as I type this, but should be there soon)
Amazon Prime deliveries are not being made within the promised delivery times. Van drivers are allegedly being threatened with fines if they call in sick. Amazon say they cannot comment on actions of an independent delivery company, but insist on high standards from their contractors.

Update.
The beeb were reporting on an article in the Sunday Telegraph.
bbc.co.uk/programmes/b09jbrvh#play 08-15.
The Telegraph say the Advertising Standards Authority are investigating because customers sign up to Prime for £79 per annum but don`t get their promised express deliveries.
They seem to be worried about deliveries.

What about companies “insisting” on sick drivers taking to the roads?

What about companies saying they have policies in place but are not responsible for contractors?
That didn`t work too well for clothing companies using manufacturers with kids in sweat shops did it?

Juddian:

Tough job I agree. I have had about 5 late prime deliveries in the last couple of weeks. I’ve ■■■■■■■ about it and got my membership extended for free and some free vouchers. Worth a moan

Sent from my SM-J510FN using Tapatalk

Franglais:

Franglais:

Update.
The beeb were reporting on an article in the Sunday Telegraph.
bbc.co.uk/programmes/b09jbrvh#play 08-15.
The Telegraph say the Advertising Standards Authority are investigating because customers sign up to Prime for £79 per annum but don`t get their promised express deliveries.
They seem to be worried about deliveries.

What about companies “insisting” on sick drivers taking to the roads?

What about companies saying they have policies in place but are not responsible for contractors?
That didn`t work too well for clothing companies using manufacturers with kids in sweat shops did it?

No doubt if one of these sick drivers runs over a nun carrying particularly fluffy kittens to the orphans home, Amazon will distance itself quicker than Usain Bolt breaking a World record.

There seem to be differing standards about using sweat shop labour in far off lands and companies taking no responsibility for sub contractors in Europe, even though most of these sub contractors are pretty much at the beck and call of these major corporations.

blue estate:

Juddian:

Been there done it and Zb if I’d do it again !!!

I’ve done parcels in the past and once you’ve broken the round in it’s alright. I’m toying with the idea of going back to it to get a more regular day and some “free” exercise! I’m on a 48 hour week, averaged out over a 17 week reference period and that’s the bloody downfall with it! Starting at dark o’clock and finishing whenever…

had a delivery next door to Amazon depot in Croydon on Wednesday. Seems to me they were using any Tom ■■■■ and Abdul who could get a couple of parcels in their van or car, place was mobbed til 1500 with them they also had traffic marshalls running around cos there were so many nobody else could get into the road

That flaming tv advert winds me up , the one showing a trailer full to the back doors . The driver resplendent in high viz closes the doors , fastens the handle and walks away without dropping the safety catch . Must be agency .

malcob:
had a delivery next door to Amazon depot in Croydon on Wednesday. Seems to me they were using any Tom ■■■■ and Abdul who could get a couple of parcels in their van or car, place was mobbed til 1500 with them they also had traffic marshalls running around cos there were so many nobody else could get into the road

Yep this is the Amazon Flex dept,literally all you need is a car and you can start…fill your boot with as many parcels as you can and get paid 20p per parcel delivered or something like that.

anything i order,if i get it 3 days later,then i take it as spot on. when its getting delivered my myherpes,then it usually arrives in the back of a renault scenic with the white trash wifie complete with kids rolling around in the back seats.
they pay peanuts,and you get what you expect.

There’s a big amazon fulfilment centre (warehouse?) here in bardon. Wouldn’t ever work for them though. Wage is mediocre, working day is endless. They don’t employ drivers, they employ fulfilment associates? Wtf?

They already have a reputation around town, drivers love to talk! Maybe when they have been here a few years and exhausted the local supply of staff through agencies, they will sort themselves out… then again, probably not.

There was a program on tv about how the drivers at Coalville are treated, don’t remember what it was, I seem to remember it being dispatches? I’m sure it must be online somewhere. The treatment of staff is shocking! My lad went in there as a forklift driver and ended up packing boxes, he got ■■■■■■ off with it in no time. The management attitude to staff is also appalling. When I was out of work, I nearly went there, I’m glad I avoided it, I wouldn’t have lasted long.

…Maybe this is one of those places that “Job Center About to be sanctioned” people get sent to… “Take this job - or else”.
The trouble is, if the employer knows it - then there’s going to be all kinds of “workplace blackmail” as standard abuse-of-power practice…

“Fulfillment” could mean anything from ‘spitting out one’s fillings’ to ‘filling up boxes’. I guess the bit involving one’s teeth doesn’t get to happen until you’re fed up to the back of them though.! :bulb:

If the job description was “Packing Boxes” directly though - and they asked you to clean the bogs - you could tell them to ■■■■ off. :stuck_out_tongue:

Knackered Toilets.png