What's your last working day before Christmas?

Wednesday here, although with it being a night job I suppose it’s really Thursday.

So, what’s your last shift before Christmas?

Friday I expect, not been told any different.

Harry Monk:
Friday I expect, not been told any different.

Same here

Christmas Eve, just how my shift pattern falls, my weekend on.
No complaints, rough taken with smooth.

Depends on start time I get for 23rd. Might run over to 24th. :frowning:

November 17th. :laughing:

Friday

muckles:

That’s reasonable. I do it the other way round, my last working day of this period will be 24th March 2018, the day before the clocks go forward, and then I’ll be off until September. :stuck_out_tongue:

Harry Monk:

muckles:

That’s reasonable. I do it the other way round, my last working day of this period will be 24th March 2018, the day before the clocks go forward, and then I’ll be off until September. :stuck_out_tongue:

Nice

Harry Monk:

muckles:

I think you might have it the better way round, the UK in the winter isn’t great I prefer the summer, but it’s a good job and not a bad way to spend the summer.
I’ve been so bored I tried a bit of agency work, :open_mouth: until I saw the rates and remembered how crap normal haulage was. :cry:
Things should start happening again around February and looking forward to it. :laughing:

Harry Monk:

muckles:

That’s the day after I retire for good! And set off in the motorhome .

Finished Friday, jet off on Monday for 2 weeks in the Caribbean.

muckles:

Harry Monk:

muckles:

I think you might have it the better way round, the UK in the winter isn’t great I prefer the summer, but it’s a good job and not a bad way to spend the summer.
I’ve been so bored I tried a bit of agency work, :open_mouth: until I saw the rates and remembered how crap normal haulage was. :cry:
Things should start happening again around February and looking forward to it. :laughing:

I do it this way round for a few reasons, firstly a lot of the canal network is closed for maintenance over the Winter so navigation becomes difficult, and secondly my living costs tend to increase over the Winter, as coal is one of my greatest expenses. It makes sense to minimise my use of this by using somebody else’s diesel to keep warm. :stuck_out_tongue:

Some of us have to keep tbe country running…im on 24th 25th 26th & 31st &1st

On a 5 day break at the moment,which finishes Weds am,then straight through till Christmas eve.
Off then til Thurs am.

TheNewBoy:

Ouch, what is it you do? Where i am has gone pretty dead already, im off from friday but i got a feeling it may be before that.

Potentially running in early hours Christmas Day.

If not - Christmas Eve.

bristolrob:

TheNewBoy:

Ouch, what is it you do? Where i am has gone pretty dead already, im off from friday but i got a feeling it may be before that.

My guess would be milk collections from farms.

Harry Monk:

bristolrob:

TheNewBoy:

My guess would be milk collections from farms.

There are lots of companies that work on christmas day

Should have been the 22nd, but is now the 23rd due to a shift swap as I need to take wife to hospital on the 19th…

(My opposite driver is doing one of my shifts, and I’m doing one of his…)