Driver Facing Cameras in Cabs

Got to happen and the sooner the better. Too many lives being needlessly lost through the Driver not concentrating on their driving. Yes the courts are there to deal with offenders but often than not it’s too late. How often do you hear the words, no problem with cameras if you’re not doing anything wrong.

TomCrin:
How often do you hear the words, no problem with cameras if you’re not doing anything wrong.

I hear it every time some sheep loses sight of the sacrifices countless men and women have made through the years defending freedom. That’s how often.

the maoster:

TomCrin:
How often do you hear the words, no problem with cameras if you’re not doing anything wrong.

I hear it every time some sheep loses sight of the sacrifices countless men and women have made through the years defending freedom. That’s how often.

+1

on principal alone,itl never ever happen to me.
end of,never in my life would i sit with a camera watching me for whatever reason someone wants.
there again,i never run for any beancounter mobs,so itl definately never happen.
if you bend over and take it,then you deserve a camera in the cab.

We have forward facing cameras and that’s it, not a chance would I sit in a vehicle that was camera’d up to watch my every move, taking this just a little too far

TomCrin:
Got to happen and the sooner the better. Too many lives being needlessly lost through the Driver not concentrating on their driving. Yes the courts are there to deal with offenders but often than not it’s too late. How often do you hear the words, no problem with cameras if you’re not doing anything wrong.

“If you not doing anything wrong”, normally quoted by people everytime the state wants to take a little bit more of your freedom away.

Complete intrusion into a drivers workplace. Imagine the uproar of any other industry employees having a camera stuck in their face while at work. Even more dumbing down of the job no doubt soon to be under the BS umbrella of H&S… :unamused:

Had one for a week, company removed it due to driver tampering.
Apparently forcing it to record my rest periods caused 2 female members of staff to be physically sick and the RSPCA to put me on the animal abuse register.

No one in our office will ever watch muffin the mule again that’s for sure.

Poor tolling excercise…but here’s my take on it.

2a1e9e37577c840fd88443a10d9be90e.jpg

AndrewG:
Complete intrusion into a drivers workplace. Imagine the uproar of any other industry employees having a camera stuck in their face while at work. Even more dumbing down of the job no doubt soon to be under the BS umbrella of H&S… :unamused:

Already happens in many other industries, those working in bars, clubs and shops often have cameras focused on them, and many other companies have loads of cameras around so it’s difficult to avoid them.

AndrewG:

What, like banks. Shops. Restaurants. Bars. Bus drivers. Etc…

the nodding donkey:

AndrewG:

Those type of cameras cover a wide area and are not focused on one particular person, theres the difference…

AndrewG:

the nodding donkey:

AndrewG:

Those type of cameras cover a wide area and are not focused on one particular person, theres the difference…

Plenty of places where the camera is focussed directly on the person at the till, very common in bar and retail work.

Quite looking forward to them in a way.

It’ll give me a bloody good reason to get tf out of the job at last. :sunglasses:
…and leave it to those who don’t care ‘‘cos they’re doing nothing wrong’’
:unamused:

Ffs! :laughing:

robroy:

It’ll give me a bloody good reason to get tf out of the job at last. :sunglasses:

Theres obviously some on here that dont seem to mind them, so im with you on that one, ill leave it with them… :grimacing:

No one walks in a bank picking their nose or scratching their balls

TomCrin:

And what exactly do you think said cameras are going to do? Grow arms and legs and take control of the vehicle? See here for how well the cameras work: youtube.com/watch?v=tRq0h3rVYn4

AndrewG:

robroy:

Theres obviously some on here that dont seem to mind them, so im with you on that one, ill leave it with them… :grimacing:

I didn’t say I liked them, just disagreed with your statement about similar things not being used in other industries.

My experience of working in offices and workshops is you’re far more under surveillance than as a truck driver, it’s one of the reasons I prefer driving and why I look for jobs where I get left to do my job.

AndrewG:

robroy:

I think those who don’t mind them are either stupid, completely switched off from giving a ■■■■ about any goddam thing, invertebrate eunuchs, habitual conformists, or a combination of all.
I don’t give a shiny crap whether bus drivers, bank tellers, butchers bakers or ■■■■ candlestickmakers have them, the day they become The Norm in THIS job, is the day when the job is totally and finally… Donaldducked…end of.

muckles:
I didn’t say I liked them, just disagreed with your statement about similar things not being used in other industries.

Thats fair enough mate…
:wink:

There will be companies that currently use them, and there will be those drivers that believe they are whiter than white.
When all’s said and done it’s an invasion of privacy, there’s enough cameras dotted about to catch the actions of drivers.

google.co.uk/amp/www.mirror … 982192.amp