Driver Facing Cameras in Cabs

AndrewG:
Danger to society?? get a [zb] life ffs! We’re not all the same, i can do a long day and have 6hrs sleep and im fine, its something ive always done. Nothing to do with being a ‘superhero’ as you put it, its purely down to your own personal makeup and capabilities. I dont need ‘luck’ on my side and bollox to professional duty crap, if you want to be ruled by above then go ahead. FYI, i dont do any more than a 54hour week, i reduce rest and max 2x10hr drives to suit my own needs and thats what ill continue to do. 25years ive been lucky?? What a load of [zb]…

Perhaps you are a Stakhanovite who can manage on long hours and little sleep, but we still need rules to prevent those who don’t want to or can’t from being expected to, which I think is something you’d respect if you are truly in favour of a policy of personal choice. Certainly, I could not maintain my performance with 6 hours sleep consistently and without a siesta, and there’s no evidence to suggest that the vast majority of people can.