Bridge hit on the M20

In the local rag today that the driver has admitted causing injury by dangerous driving (Kent on-line ) also reporting how many have been clamped and how one unhinged Bulgarian threatened to set him self on fire over a £75 fine to have his truck unclamped

A driver threatened to set himself on fire■■?
Crack on driver, fill your boots, but by the time you get out of hospital your £75 fine will have increased.

Rentadent:
A driver threatened to set himself on fire■■?
Crack on driver, fill your boots, but by the time you get out of hospital your £75 fine will have increased.

That’s when he’ll just jump off the hospital roof in typical Holby style.What could possibly go wrong and think of the news coverage regardless. :smiling_imp:

I feel sorry for this driver…firstly: the majority of EE drivers are responsible for their own fines. Next…if they are not driving, they dont get paid…so no wonder the poor fella was so suicidal, so dont take the PI55 out of him. If i was on wages, i would have said fill your boots to the clamper and put the kettle on…next phone the boss to ask them to pay the fee/fine and clamp release, while i watch tv, …sadly these drivers cannot…and our authorities wont take a bribe :smiley: when we were over there, a couple of packets of marlboro sufficed.

It’s not my problem he’s working for a ■■■■ company and has to pay his own fines, threatening to set fire to yourself is just the stupidest of protests, I’m sure the traffic warden was ■■■■■■■■ himself :unamused:

Most of us have to pay our own fines . And you will be surprised how many uk drivers will be handed the fine from the boss if they park up overnite illegally . The amount of French,Italian or Greek fines I’ve had over the years I’d hate to add up . But still never threatened to set my self on fire . Maybe now he knows the fines are above his budget he will either A Stay on the right side of the law or B stay where he can afford the fine

truckyboy:
I feel sorry for this driver…firstly: the majority of EE drivers are responsible for their own fines. Next…if they are not driving, they dont get paid…so no wonder the poor fella was so suicidal, so dont take the PI55 out of him. If i was on wages, i would have said fill your boots to the clamper and put the kettle on…next phone the boss to ask them to pay the fee/fine and clamp release, while i watch tv, …sadly these drivers cannot…and our authorities wont take a bribe :smiley: when we were over there, a couple of packets of marlboro sufficed.

Who do you work for? I have to pay all my fines, luckily thats only been €20 to date.

I thought standard practise that all people must pay there own fines when being naughty in company vehicles.

over here with the more flamboyant operators,you get all fines paid except for speeding.
this usually means that the unfortunates who are waiting to go to court for the inevitable crucifixion will keep working for the same mob till the fine is paid,and by that time,theyre usually waiting to go up for another one…captive market for the operator… :slight_smile:

Our company will pay parking fines etc if they are caused by the job but not if it’s because of carelessness, park like a ■■■■ and the fine is yours, get caught speeding and the fine is yours, get a ticket because you’ve had to park on double yellows to do a job it’ll be paid for by the company.

One of our drivers got a £550 fine for entering the London lorry ban zone before 7am, the company didn’t ask him to, he just decided he was in a rush that day and wanted to get to the delivery early, so he’s now got to pay that fine himself, he still didn’t threaten to set fire to himself though!

dieseldog999:
over here with the more flamboyant operators,you get all fines paid except for speeding.
this usually means that the unfortunates who are waiting to go to court for the inevitable crucifixion will keep working for the same mob till the fine is paid,and by that time,theyre usually waiting to go up for another one…captive market for the operator… :slight_smile:

A couple of companies and many years ago we had all fines except speeding and red-light jumps★
paid.
In fact we were suspected as being lazy skivvers if we didn’t get a few.
Not here, not now, and much more relaxed for it.

★ [emoji12]