Slow drivers at snow weather

Why some drivers so slow at snow.Today at uphill was sucking because another drivers drive car just 20 miles per hours.Low speed not help all the time at snow.

It may be for a few reasons, lack of confidence ,never driven in the snow before or just being over cautious. Much better than all the idiots who do the opposite.
If there is a slow driver keep well back and be patient.

Dr Damon:
It may be for a few reasons, lack of confidence ,never driven in the snow before or just being over cautious. Much better than all the idiots who do the opposite.

Agree but not full.If lorry have empty trailers that weigh to truck rear axle no big.And at low speed very easy can stick at uphill.For my view need at least 30 m/h unless some specific road condition.

Snow Plough…?!

Why do these idiots in these big lorries drive so close behind me, when my car struggles to maintain traction and directional control?

Please thank you.

the nodding donkey:
Why do these idiots in these big lorries drive so close behind me, when my car struggles to maintain traction and directional control?

Please thank you.

We are just there to give you a nudge in case you get stuck in the snow until you get a better car :stuck_out_tongue:
Anyway, I have a BMW drift car and I have no problems with traction.

It’s the perfect storm of drivers who can’t even drive on a warm dry road combined with modern tyre technology that can deal brilliantly with perfect dry road conditions ‘or’ snow but not both.Throw in zb fwd cars that lose all steering control at anywhere the edge of traction and it’s not surprising that the roads are jammed at the first sign of winter weather.

Meanwhile the right cars in the hands of the right drivers no problem. :wink:

youtube.com/watch?v=DalYSIRU4rQ

Carryfast:
It’s the perfect storm of drivers who can’t even drive on a warm dry road combined with modern tyre technology that can deal brilliantly with perfect dry road conditions ‘or’ snow but not both.Throw in zb fwd cars that lose all steering control at anywhere the edge of traction and it’s not surprising that the roads are jammed at the first sign of winter weather.

Meanwhile all the rear drive Mercs/Lexus/ and BMW will be stuck just getting out of the driveway. Not that i see much but fwd car anyday in the snow…

the nodding donkey:

Please thank you.

To many car in UK have 4 wheels and 4 different tyres.Sometime this tyres very ill.In some EU country have rules- in one axle must be same tyres with same picture.

adam277:

the nodding donkey:

Please thank you.

We are just there to give you a nudge in case you get stuck in the snow until you get a better car :stuck_out_tongue:
Anyway, I have a BMW drift car and I have no problems with traction.

:grimacing:

Carryfast:

@ around 3.10 there’s only two cars on the road but one is up the others backside! Nothing changes… :slight_smile:

Andrejs:
Why some drivers so slow at snow.Today at uphill was sucking because another drivers drive car just 20 miles per hours.Low speed not help all the time at snow.

My Grandaughter has only had a licence for just under two years,she has never had to drive in snow conditions before and is obviously a bit nervous.
She is more concerned about her safety than some sweaty arsed lorry driver at the back of her not having the sense to hold back even though his /her trailer might not want to go where he or she wants it to.
Patience we have all had our first few times out in bad weather.

Andrejs:

Dr Damon:

Agree but not full.If lorry have empty trailers that weigh to truck rear axle no big.And at low speed very easy can stick at uphill.For my view need at least 30 m/h unless some specific road condition.

Wait a minute fella, what you say is not the problem of the ‘slow’’ car driver. They are doing their best which does not suit a confident lorry driver with an empty trailer.
That is not an excuse to get infuriated with them or harass them in any way as some seem to do.

Shall we just ban all cars off the road when it snows? Wait but what about the inexperienced truck driver that jack knives his truck because of poor driving?
Or the experienced truck driver that tries to ram everything in front of him off the road because he thinks they are going to slow where as he is actually going too fast for the conditions.

lolipop:

Andrejs:

My Grandaughter has only had a licence for just under two years,she has never had to drive in snow conditions before and is obviously a bit nervous.
She is more concerned about her safety than some sweaty arsed lorry driver at the back of her not having the sense to hold back even though his /her trailer might not want to go where he or she wants it to.
Patience we have all had our first few times out in bad weather.

+1 Someone with some sense at last.

TiredAndEmotional:

Carryfast:

@ around 3.10 there’s only two cars on the road but one is up the others backside! Nothing changes… :slight_smile:

Oh and we never see any truck drivers doing that! Sorry but you do.

TiredAndEmotional:

Carryfast:

Trying to maintain momentum v the old poverty wartime design heap ahead which itself was going a lot quicker than most modern day traffic given the same conditions. :wink: :laughing:

Dr Damon:

TiredAndEmotional:

Carryfast:

Oh and we never see any truck drivers doing that! Sorry but you do.

Get over yourself, it was a tongue in cheek remark from the watching the video. :unamused:

Andrejs:

Agreed in a truck you need momentum to get up a hill or to keep moving, but in most of the UK heavy snow is unusual, many drivers have only a few hours driving experience in these conditions in the last few years.

Just because you have the experience and confidence, it’s not up to you to try and push the other drivers along. You either have to accept it or go and work in countries where they are used to snow and can drive as you’d wish them to.

Dr Damon:

Andrejs:

Dr Damon:

Wait a minute fella, what you say is not the problem of the ‘slow’’ car driver. They are doing their best which does not suit a confident lorry driver with an empty trailer.
That is not an excuse to get infuriated with them or harass them in any way as some seem to do.

Shall we just ban all cars off the road when it snows? Wait but what about the inexperienced truck driver that jack knives his truck because of poor driving?
Or the experienced truck driver that tries to ram everything in front of him off the road because he thinks they are going to slow where as he is actually going too fast for the conditions.

If truck with not loaded trailers at the start of uphill will drive at 20 m/h that very high risk who he will stooking or/and after king knitting.

If truck with not loaded trailers at the start of uphill will drive at 20 m/h that very high risk who he will stooking or/and after king knitting.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

belter…best yet.

another classic from google translate? my guess is…if you head up a hill empty at 20mph,your going to get stuck,as well as possibly jack knifing?
anyone else got a better version? :slight_smile: