London Gateway (Container docks) lorry park

Apparently this has been closed. Does anyone know if it actually has? Have spoken to the docks themselves and they said they no longer control the parking and don’t know if it I should open or not.

Thanks in advance.

Yeah it’s now closed as of Friday 8th December it’s now owned by hireco ltd who ever they are

trucker10:
Yeah it’s now closed as of Friday 8th December it’s now owned by hireco ltd who ever they are

The are the trailer hire company that had the top of the parking area.

Do you know when the new one on the docks is supposed to be opening?

Had chat with fella in control office last week,seems there’s a temp parking are opposite the recently closed one until the port one is built.Also heard to my intense annoyance that Wincantons have blagged permenant blocks of parking area for their own operations which i hope isa nasty rumour.The c…s

I have it on good authority that Wincanton will have a depot down there earlier next year, not sure if they have reserved parking on this alleged parking area though.

London Gateway dock is a great snap shot of the country in general, want the trucks but no facilities. There’s only one crapper on the dock I know of, luckily I empty my ■■■■ pot on the slots.

Don’t get me started on which genius decided to block pave the roadways, that will never be finished.

Dipper_Dave:
London Gateway dock is a great snap shot of the country in general, want the trucks but no facilities. There’s only one crapper on the dock I know of, luckily I empty my ■■■■ pot on the slots.

Strensham southbound last night. Services ram packed full, a dozen wagons parked up on hard shoulder on exit slip.

Conor:

Dipper_Dave:

Strensham southbound last night. Services ram packed full, a dozen wagons parked up on hard shoulder on exit slip.

Same tuesday @ 05.00…it looked like they were queuing for the M50 as i clapped eyes on the situation…then i noticed the curtains closed on 99% of them as i went past… :open_mouth:

Dipper_Dave:
Don’t get me started on which genius decided to block pave the roadways, that will never be finished.

Block paving on a reclaimed marshland underbed was bound to be a disaster :slight_smile: but at least it is flexible, think of the cracks and bumps if it was concreted !

Twoninety88:

Dipper_Dave:

Block paving on a reclaimed marshland underbed was bound to be a disaster :slight_smile: but at least it is flexible, think of the cracks and bumps if it was concreted !

Same as felixstowe. Block paved.

But parking down at Gateway is absolutely dog****!

Dipper_Dave:
I have it on good authority that Wincanton will have a depot down there earlier next year, not sure if they have reserved parking on this alleged parking area though.

i was thinking the was making crazy golf course

Conor:

Dipper_Dave:

cobham services the same