A1 /M1 road conditions

Can anyone tell me what the roads are currently like north of Worksop please. Yes, ive looked online/weather reports ect but wouldnt mind an up to date report from any TN drivers currently/ recently been this way.

AndrewG:
Can anyone tell me what the roads are currently like north of Worksop please. Yes, ive looked online/weather reports ect but wouldnt mind an up to date report from any TN drivers currently/ recently been this way.

Parked in Doncaster atm,
not a flake to be seen!!!
Arrived this afternoon via A75/M6/M61/M62/M18 and all clear.[emoji106]

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

Big Truck:

AndrewG:

Parked in Doncaster atm,
not a flake to be seen!!!
Arrived this afternoon via A75/M6/M61/M62/M18 and all clear.[emoji106]

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

Thanks Big Truck… :sunglasses:

Only been out by car today,but as previous correspondant says the roads are busy but clear.In Wakefield we only had a 1cm sprinkle of snow yesterday but the night was very cold,as it will be tonight,maybe down to -5.The worst of the weather appears to have been south and west of Derby in general.

Been from derby to Rotherham via m1. Down a1 and a421 and m1 to Watford back up m1 to derby. All fine.

Flat oot al da way from dover, keep er lit, woooooosh.

biggriffin:

Shes a bit slower than me BG, gets more mpg though… :wink:

The Met Office is forecasting that minus 12 is possible overnight.

Cheers for that guys. The missus is tipping Norwich late this morning traffic/weather permitting before heading up to Huddersfield via 17/A1/M1…

-6 along the A1 at the moment, if i see a pretty girl, in a V4, keeping it lit,will move over.

biggriffin:
-6 along the A1 at the moment, if i see a pretty girl, in a V4, keeping it lit,will move over.

White FH16 V4, ARG Transporte Internacional SL on the doors in red pulling a 14m krone tilt, silver/grey with yellow stripe along the lower edge :wink:

I should be back along A1 about 12/13.00, once tipped /reload in Hull.

From a locals perspective:
The weather is cold, there’s a dusting is snow, the sun is out, it’s forecast rain/showers later this afternoon. Local radio hasn’t said there’s any issues with traffic atm, so she’ll be fine.

Though I am piloting the sofa and in control of the tv remote control at home today :laughing:

peirre:
From a locals perspective:
The weather is cold, there’s a dusting is snow, the sun is out, it’s forecast rain/showers later this afternoon. Local radio hasn’t said there’s any issues with traffic atm, so she’ll be fine.

Though I am piloting the sofa and in control of the tv remote control at home today :laughing:

Thanks for that Pierre. She was aiming to stay at the Stockyard, still had an hours drive tme so i phoned ahead and Kliner Hutchinson kindly let her park up in their yard at Emerald St. Loading in the morning with 8 pumps and 4 pallets of impellors. Seemed very helpful on the phone, and the yard guy will help strap them down secure so alls good :smiley:

Back over the water, drove on an unfamiliar side of the road, load secure/ truck intact and got to say im proud of her :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:
Weight off my shoulders though, cant say i havent been just a tiny bit worried…

No delay for her at Folkestone or Dover Andrew?

AndrewG:

biggriffin:

She’s proving you wrong Andrew, less bigfoot =better mpg = more profit. :smiley: :smiley: Regards Kev.

Twoninety88:
No delay for her at Folkestone or Dover Andrew?

Yes mate, ongoing maintenance works. Shes back in familiar territory now though, just a straight two day run back now … :wink:

kevmac47:

AndrewG:

biggriffin:

She’s proving you wrong Andrew, less bigfoot =better mpg = more profit. :smiley: :smiley: Regards Kev.

There is that Kev :smiley: When shes back ill go over the fuel computer and check back to back for comparison for the difference.

If she turns out to be more cost effective than the regular driver Andrew I trust that you are going to sack him? :smiley: :smiley: