Grocontinental brought by Dutch company

shropshirestar.com/news/bus … h-company/

Think the Shropshire Star might discover that AGRO Merchants are a Mexican company with bit of a clue being that AGRO’s spokesman is called Senor Carlos Rodriguez.

I wondered why I was getting PMs from I presume GC drivers asking what Agro Merchants were like to work for!!![emoji848][emoji4]

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

agromerchants.com/the-sawyers-group

Brought them where?

harrawaffa:
Brought them where?

[emoji23][emoji14]
It’s annoying isn’t it?

Anybody know what Grocontinental are like wages wise for trampers??

Are they hourly or salary?

Would guess us Agro NI “trip” drivers gonna be in/out Whitchurch Coldstore bit more often!!!

Wheel Nut:

harrawaffa:
Brought them where?

[emoji23][emoji14]
It’s annoying isn’t it?

Soul destroying. I hear people saying it as well.

harrawaffa:

Wheel Nut:

harrawaffa:
Brought them where?

[emoji23][emoji14]
It’s annoying isn’t it?

Soul destroying. I hear people saying it as well.

That and double-negatives drive me insane

Although it has been said I was well on the way there already :smiley:

Mazzer2:
Think the Shropshire Star might discover that AGRO Merchants are a Mexican company with bit of a clue being that AGRO’s spokesman is called Senor Carlos Rodriguez.

Agro merchants Europe head office is in Barneveld The Netherlands.
This is the part that did the purchase of Grocontinental, hence the header “Dutch Company buys Grocontinental”

caledoniandream:

Mazzer2:

Agro merchants Europe head office is in Barneveld The Netherlands.
This is the part that did the purchase of Grocontinental, hence the header “Dutch Company buys Grocontinental”

“Head Buck Cat” is from other side of Pond though.
Agro Merchants HQ in USA,
seem to be rather “progressive” since 2013!!![emoji848][emoji850]

Big Truck:

Would guess us Agro NI “trip” drivers gonna be in/out Whitchurch Coldstore bit more often!!!

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

look on the bright side my man…the midway does a good attempt at a heart attack on a plate for a breakfast.
you could become a glutton for punishment in there . :slight_smile:

dieseldog999:

Big Truck:

look on the bright side my man…the midway does a good attempt at a heart attack on a plate for a breakfast.

Never go 41 mucker always prefer A438/A5 as better road and “flat lit” through bigger roundabouts.

Plus you can’t beat the £8.99 steak dinner in cafe@ Chirk Services Inc in parking charge paid for by Agro!!![emoji41]

Was just reading this online, sad to see another long established family owned UK haulier bought up. Always seemed to be really well turned out, with a pretty simple yet strking livery.

I suppose they’d built it as big as they could whilst keeping it family owned. I remember reading the owner does lots of charity work in the local area too.

dave_k:
Was just reading this online, sad to see another long established family owned UK haulier bought up. Always seemed to be really well turned out, with a pretty simple yet strking livery.

I suppose they’d built it as big as they could whilst keeping it family owned. I remember reading the owner does lots of charity work in the local area too.

To many company was established 30-40yers ago by young people.Now this people ready about50-60years old.For this people more easy sold company to some one and get some thousand or million and it is will ok for all rest of life.And mainly kids don t want care on parent business.

Andrejs:

dave_k:

To many company was established 30-40yers ago by young people.Now this people ready about50-60years old.For this people more easy sold company to some one and get some thousand or million and it is will ok for all rest of life.And mainly kids don t want care on parent business.

Thank you please.

Big Truck:

dieseldog999:

Big Truck:

Never go 41 mucker always prefer A438/A5 as better road and “flat lit” through bigger roundabouts.

Plus you can’t beat the £8.99 steak dinner in cafe@ Chirk Services Inc in parking charge paid for by Agro!!![emoji41]

The parking charge@ Chirk is only £18 too!!![emoji41]

We’re paid hourly at Grocotts currently.
One rate for driving and a separate for waiting…
Will be interesting to see how things go with AGR taking over.
Must admit I’ll be happy running across to NI if the work comes up!

6239chester:
We’re paid hourly at Grocotts currently.
One rate for driving and a separate for waiting…
Will be interesting to see how things go with AGR taking over.
Must admit I’ll be happy running across to NI if the work comes up!

That’s a 1st for me,
a diff hourly rate for driving/waiting!!!

Be awhile before any changes on wages front though as TUPE lasts what 6/9months is it??