Lost the van Mr Beaver!

One for Mr Beaver !
I have officially lost the van and become a real truck driver :grimacing:
Emptied my 26t Actros out last weekend for new driver and have been driving an 2014 Iveco stralis for 3 days this week and next week its full on
I’m loving it and hated yesterday because I had to go back in to a van to go to London as there was no other drivers back south and I had been to drop before :imp:

Christ :neutral_face: Who am I going to pick on now?

Can any sub standard, limp/small cocked van driving fools come forward please and offer themselves up as potential bully fodder?

(Ps. Well done mate, you have seen the light :wink: )

eagerbeaver:

Can any sub standard, limp/small cocked van driving fools come forward please and offer themselves up as potential bully fodder?

You can temporarily pick on me if you wish?

Background: Started a new job on Class 2 but passed my Class 1 after that so got put onto Class 1 work only a couple of weeks later to be asked to step back (along with a number if others) to Class 2 as my firm signed a contract with an agency to supply x amount of Class 1 drivers over Christmas so they get the work.

So yeah back on the 18t but on Class 1 hourly rates.

eagerbeaver:

Buy your self a mirror :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :grimacing:

eagerbeaver:

He’s in an iveco carry on :laughing:

toonsy:

eagerbeaver:

Background: Started a new job on Class 2 but passed my Class 1 after that so got put onto Class 1 work only a couple of weeks later to be asked to step back (along with a number if others) to Class 2 as my firm signed a contract with an agency to supply x amount of Class 1 drivers over Christmas so they get the work.

Can’t pick on you mate. 1. I like your posts. 2. You ARE a Class 1 driver :grimacing:

Come on worms, there must be some of you out there!

Beetlejuice:

eagerbeaver:

He’s in an iveco carry on :laughing:

yikes.jpg

eagerbeaver:

Pretty sure you’ll find another victim.

bobbya:

eagerbeaver:

Pretty sure you’ll find another victim.

Very true. Are you volunteering for the role?

If you are, don’t bother. I like my victims to have a little something about them :wink:

eagerbeaver:

toonsy:

eagerbeaver:

Can’t pick on you mate. 1. I like your posts. 2. You ARE a Class 1 driver :grimacing:

Come on worms, there must be some of you out there!

This is true.

And tbh I’m sort of enjoying it but only because it’s a temporary thing I think. Then I’ll be back to looking down at the Class 2 drivers :laughing:

C’mon then Beave, I’ll give u a free shot. :stuck_out_tongue: lol

theflyingdustman:
C’mon then Beave, I’ll give u a free shot. :stuck_out_tongue: lol

Before we get started, you don’t do my bins do you? :confused:

blue estate:
One for Mr Beaver !
I have officially lost the van and become a real truck driver :grimacing:
Emptied my 26t Actros out last weekend for new driver and have been driving an 2014 Iveco stralis for 3 days this week and next week its full on
I’m loving it and hated yesterday because I had to go back in to a van to go to London as there was no other drivers back south and I had been to drop before :imp:

Congratulations on becoming a real trucker !! Commiserations that it’s an Iveco :smiley:

I’ve never driven a decent Iveco they are all trash.
See if they can get you a mercedes unit. :grimacing:

adam277:

No chance as ours all have bums on seats already , I may get a MAN

Can I just be a pedant :unamused: and point out the stralis is actually a 'Spanish beast ’ .
Built in Madrid .
I happen to drive one of the god awful things too :confused:

adam277:

â– â– â– â– â– â– â– â–  mate
Give me an Iveco over a Stralis any day.

First Iveco I drove was a brand new 1988 Turbostar, this thing was 10 yrs in front of everything else,.and a perfect trampers motor in comparison to everything else at the time.
Elec heated mirrors, elec window blinds, fridge and other driver friendly features, good wide bunks, and loads of room and storage.
They looked like this.

The last Iveco I was in was about 8 yrs ago which a mate drove, the sleeping area converted to a table and chairs :open_mouth: I was amazed, a perfect motor for Euro tramping.
I like the look of the new ones but have not driven one yet.
Some of you lot don’t know you’re born. :unamused:
Imo there is no such thing as a ‘‘Bad Truck’’ on the market today, just some are better than others.

robroy:

adam277:

â– â– â– â– â– â– â– â–  mate
Give me an Iveco over a Stralis any day.

First Iveco I drove was a brand new 1988 Turbostar, this thing was 10 yrs in front of everything else,.and a perfect trampers motor in comparison to everything else at the time.
Elec heated mirrors, elec window blinds, fridge and other driver friendly features, good wide bunks, and loads of room and storage.
They looked like this.

The last Iveco I was in was about 8 yrs ago which a mate drove, the sleeping area converted to a table and chairs :open_mouth: I was amazed, a perfect motor for Euro tramping.
I like the look of the new ones but have not driven one yet.
Some of you lot don’t know you’re born. :unamused:
Imo there is no such thing as a ‘‘Bad Truck’’ on the market today, just some are better than others.

The one I drive has fridge, all signing dancing radio ,climate control , steering is light as heck ,seat is comfy compared to Actros as well as ride quality is way better
bad point limited to 52mph

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
That’s nowt to do with the Ivecos mate, my heap of ■■■■ Merc is set at 52 ish also.
The previous 63 plate could reach 59 if you put it into reverse mode while driving (I kid you not :smiley: ) which was handy for getting home on a Saturday to watch the football or other situations that suited ME…but they discovered it due to the usual gobby drivers, and knocked that facility on the head with the 66 plates.
The ride on the Merc is atrocious and you seem to be sat up in the sky even when the air is dumped out of the seat, which is bad for me as I like to lounge and sprawl out when driving, seat rest right back…DAF and Scania style. :smiley:

robroy:
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
That’s nowt to do with the Ivecos mate, my heap of [zb] Merc is set at 52 ish also.
The previous 63 plate could reach 59 if you put it into reverse mode while driving (I kid you not :smiley: ) which was handy for getting home on a Saturday to watch the football or other situations that suited ME…but they discovered it due to the usual gobby drivers, and knocked that facility on the head with the 66 plates.
The ride on the Merc is atrocious and you seem to be sat up in the sky even when the air is dumped out of the seat, which is bad for me as I like to lounge and sprawl out when driving, seat rest right back…DAF and Scania style. :smiley:

As usual spoilt by those who can’t keep trap shut :imp:
I actually feel I’m sitting lower in this Iveco than I did in My Actros 26t :confused:
The only other plus is that the current night driver who has it has kept it clean inside so when and if I move in no cleaning first