Different requirements, Different wages

I am new to this game and slowly trying to figure out what works for me, my area and different type of work.

Can be a tricky thing with transport as there are so many different shifts patterns and salary.

At the moment doing the chill Monday to Friday. Not silly o clock start, 6:30 -7:00. Two days only I had to start at 5.

Used to start 5 everyday, so now it feels good.

Of course wages is not the best. As I still fresh on it, needing cash, I sometimes look for something a bit more erm let’s say adventurous.

There is a car part company near me(yes you know which one) which all the agencies are going nuts trying to recruit for them(just recruit as you will carry the key to open their store so understandable they want full timers) and I heard they are really struggling to get drivers to drive their new scanias.

I think the only day you won’t work is Saturday.

Now the thing is, in my current job I can get around 30000 a year, around 50 55h weekly, not much hassle, weekends free and good start time.

The car part company is offering 30000 a year, well 33000 with bonus but I just look for the wages, we know how that bonus can play out.

Am I being too optmist thinking that 30000 is too little for night work, 21:00 Start, handball of heavy cages with car parts, the hassle of opening and closing stores…?

I know it really depend on the guy but my way of thinking goes

• Default ( Monday to Friday day job, no handball, least hassle possible)

Then from there I start to add up proportionally money vs work

• night time? +money
  • weekend? +money
    -weekend night? +money
  • hand ball? How much? +money
  • opening closing store? +money
  • nights out? +money

So by my chart( they are mine I know people will have different) that car part job should be paying around at least 35000.

Am i being delusional?

You’ll never know til you give it a go!!!
Each to their own buddy, like you alluded to we all want different things, personally I couldn’t go back to chilled work or doing RDCs, it bores the life out of me. But it’s someone else’s dream job to do RDCs.
Only you can decide what you like!!

In your post this is the bit that would tell me which job you should do

There is a car part company near me(yes you know which one) which all the agencies are going nuts trying to recruit for them(just recruit as you will carry the key to open their store so understandable they want full timers) and I heard they are really struggling to get drivers to drive their new scanias

If the car part company was any good drivers would be banging on the door to work for them.

Stay where you are

Left out important information:
Car part company job is average 48h (who knows how many actually is( and overtime is time and third.

Time and third weekly overtime really put me off jobs

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Bino10:
I am new to this game and slowly trying to figure out what works for me, my area and different type of work.

This is where time spent on agency as a new driver can pay dividends because you can try something without having to give any commitment other than the day or week you’re doing it. I ended up driving hook loaders doing waste food skips and compactors for Sugarich at the agency when it was dead one year and despite my initial thoughts it would be a horrific job I actually loved it.