Lymm moto truckstop

Stopped here today for a break and it is a total jobby hole.The place looks rundown and in dire need of repair.I dont know how drivers can take there time off in there.

I feel sorry for whoever has to clean those toilets !

Moto don’t like to spend, share holders money on anything that won’t turn more profit, hence the facilities fall into dis-repair, nothing is repaired until they see a court case looming, or revenues drop.

Boycott it and get it closed down, why bother when there are better places to go…

Honestly it was bad went for ■■■■ and the smell was bad would not like to see what the showers are like :open_mouth:

I only go for my break there because I know I’m guaranteed a space. Some times especially at peak times sandbach and Stafford can easily be full, and keele SB is a pain if you plan on actually opening your door wide enough to get out.

It’s gone from a half decent state of the art truckstop when first opened around 97 ish, to a glorified ■■■■ standard MSA with a big truck park.
Allegedlly there has been unsavoury goings on in the bogs at night along the lines of a meeting place for blokes buggering each other’s brains out. :open_mouth:

Wouldn’t park there overnight if you paid me.
Me and a mate had a breakfast there last year, ok it was good, well cooked and not a greasy mass, but expensive and a very small portion.
Not been back since.

You sound well clue’d up on the buggery goings on in the bogs!!! [emoji23]
Me and a mate had a bit of overtime offered a couple of years ago to take a couple of trailers over to the Widnes depot on a Saturday morning so we thought we’d get some breakfast at Lymm instead of our usual stockyard. Big mistake! Disgusting and expensive. Not been since.

Victa1:

Someone cleans the toilets■■? :open_mouth:

robroy:
It’s gone from a half decent state of the art truckstop when first opened around 97 ish, to a glorified [zb] standard MSA with a big truck park.

When it first opened, good security, reasonable food, and the showers were clean.

Then the owners start looking to up profits to pay banks, then along come moto to bail em out, big wad of cash, give it 6 months, lorry park will be halved, so more coaches can park and do change overs, more rich pensioners to spend money on tea and pre-packed sweets, us poor old driver will be a nuisance, until its dark and they want the money to park, the food will soon become standard moto crap.

biggriffin:

robroy:
It’s gone from a half decent state of the art truckstop when first opened around 97 ish, to a glorified [zb] standard MSA with a big truck park.

When it first opened, good security, reasonable food, and the showers were clean.

Then the owners start looking to up profits to pay banks, then along come moto to bail em out, big wad of cash, give it 6 months, lorry park will be halved, so more coaches can park and do change overs, more rich pensioners to spend money on tea and pre-packed sweets, us poor old driver will be a nuisance, until its dark and they want the money to park, the food will soon become standard moto crap.

At least the pensioners wlll be used to the smell of urine [emoji16]

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

wrighty1:

biggriffin:

robroy:

At least the pensioners wlll be used to the smell of urine [emoji16]

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

More natural than the smell of truckers…STAY ON THE SUBJECT

well the subject is lymm truckstop where there will be as many geriatrics using it as trucks especially using the food and facilities as the truckies know its a toilet with the toilets not being much better.
the only way you know who is in them at the time is if you can smell vick along with the smell of pish…still on subject??

well the subject is lymm truckstop where there will be as many geriatrics using it as trucks especially using the food and facilities as the truckies know its a toilet with the toilets not being much better.
the only way you know who is in them at the time is if you can smell vick along with the smell of pish…still on subject??

dieseldog999:

Mothballs…

Lymm isn’t too bad, at least the bays are a reasonable width and the concrete is mostly hole-free and fairly flat. Agree that the toilets are ■■■■■■ as you’d expect from Moto. I’ve not eaten there I don’t think.

Its saving grace is its size (which still isn’t big enough, but hey-ho, this is the UK - where doing a job properly is anathema to our way of life :unamused: ).

Hardly a truck stop, just like any other Moto hole except with bigger parking which is rammed full every night, or at least it always used to be, I haven’t been there in a while.

The pumps are garbage too, never work right.

A.

Victa1:

Have they ever been cleaned :open_mouth:

AndrewG:

dieseldog999:

Mothballs…

:slight_smile:
its not too hard to know if theres going to be a big queue of coffin dodgers in lymm before you go in the door.
theres always a trail of barley sugar and wertherers old original sweetie papers lying in the enterance along with a couple of discarded bottles of vapour rub.
all things considered the place serves the purpose of nothing more than somewhere to park,with the novelty of pointing your percy at the porcelain assuming you can stand the wiff,and are able not to be making eye contact with the guys lurking around.

dieseldog999:

AndrewG:

dieseldog999:

Mothballs…

:slight_smile:
its not too hard to know if theres going to be a big queue of coffin dodgers in lymm before you go in the door.
theres always a trail of barley sugar and wertherers old original sweetie papers lying in the enterance along with a couple of discarded bottles of vapour rub.
all things considered the place serves the purpose of nothing more than somewhere to park,with the novelty of pointing your percy at the porcelain assuming you can stand the wiff,and are able not to be making eye contact with the guys lurking around.

So when was the last time you was there?