Stobarts - poverty spec?

Saw a Stobarts motor when I was fuelling up yesterday…17 plate Volvo…driver had a cool box strapped to the passenger seat.

Are Stobarts not even speccing fridges in their trucks?

Mind you, it was also missing an ad blue cap, and the o/s top corner light was missing and the hole covered up with tape and a plastic bag…

Times are tough mate, even for the biggest, have to cut corners sometimes… :smiley:

Depends what you do , my mate has fridge , inverter , microwave and I no a fair few who do , but plenty who don’t
As for damage as was said to me it’s just cosmetic , mines got damage to bonnet / side panel from when I was off , doubt it will ever get repaired

DonutUK:
Saw a Stobarts motor when I was fuelling up yesterday…17 plate Volvo…driver had a cool box strapped to the passenger seat.

Mind you, it was also missing an ad blue cap, and the o/s top corner light was missing and the hole covered up with tape and a plastic bag…

might be a fat ■■■■■■■ that needs to carry more food than what his fridge can carry, or even his original one might be broke :wink: Day drivers cabs dont have fridges either

Only trucks on the stobarts fleet with fridges and microwaves are the race trucks when i used to work there.Everything else so basic its shocking the scania a had only had 1 electric mirror and that was a 15 plate.

DonutUK:

Doesn’t a missing Ad Blue cap make the vehicle VOR due to the possibility of contamination or dilution ( rain ) of the Ad Blue ?

Colin_scottish:
Only trucks on the stobarts fleet with fridges and microwaves are the race trucks when i used to work there.Everything else so basic its shocking the scania a had only had 1 electric mirror and that was a 15 plate.

Correct. I used loads of trampers trucks when I was at Appleton.

Not one had a fridge fitted.

eagerbeaver:

Colin_scottish:

Mine had a cocktail bar fitted and a dishwasher.

UKtramp:

eagerbeaver:

Colin_scottish:

Their best aka elite drivers get the best trucks so that’s not a surprise.

Pretty sure my scania is ex stobrats… I have fridge freezer and microwave although I think the microwave was added later… although only 1 electric mirror though!

UKtramp:

eagerbeaver:

Colin_scottish:

Funnily enough ive got both of those, also specced a tumble dryer and jaccuzi…

ItsJoe:

UKtramp:

eagerbeaver:

Colin_scottish:

Just you keep thinking that.

UKtramp:

eagerbeaver:

Colin_scottish:

Mine came with a couple of Thai lady boys, :confused: Apparently they’re cheaper than a massage seat, :open_mouth: all ended happily though. :laughing:

Colin_scottish:

ItsJoe:

Just you keep thinking that.

I completely agree with him Colin

muckles:

UKtramp:

eagerbeaver:

Colin_scottish:

Mine came with a couple of Thai lady boys, :confused: Apparently they’re cheaper than a massage seat, :open_mouth: all ended happily though. :laughing:

I didn’t realise they were lady boys

UKtramp:

muckles:

UKtramp:

eagerbeaver:

I didn’t realise they were lady boys

I didn’t at first, but I there was no going back by time it was obvious. :blush: :laughing:

I think Dipper Dave has hacked my user account. :confused: :laughing:

Colin_scottish:

Rubbish , trucks doing mol work have fridges etc , that was part of the bribe to get them on job

eagerbeaver:

Colin_scottish:

The trucks doing mol work have inverters etc in them , there in our yard , I’ve seen them with my own eyes , explore trucks have inverters , some ws

muckles:
I didn’t at first, but I there was no going back by time it was obvious. :blush: :laughing:

I think Dipper Dave has hacked my user account. :confused: :laughing:

:stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

It is laughable really , we got the jock and beaver who don’t work for the company telling every body what the spec of stobart trucks are , I ought to start telling every one what x po ,s trucks are like because 15 yrs ago I drove for salvoes who were bought out by
Norberts who were then bought out by xpo
And by the way I went to Ibiza 15 yrs ago and it rained , so don’t bother booking your holiday there as the weathers ■■■■ :unamused: