Thurrock services

I hate this place, two nights this week I’ve had to park here,not by choice I might add,it is just so noisy,give me a nice quiet layby anytime.

Most expensive place I’ve ever had the misfortune of parking at.

Operated by MOTO…

Which we all know stands for Move Onto To Other services.

Last time I stopped there (over twenty years ago) the shower was out of order and the bogs were clogged up.

I can’t imagine the truck park now filled to the brim with Jonny Foreigner having 24 hours off etc.

Rather you than me.

yourhavingalarf:
Operated by MOTO…

Which we all know stands for Move Onto To Other services.

Last time I stopped there (over twenty years ago) the shower was out of order and the bogs were clogged up.

I can’t imagine the truck park now filled to the brim with Jonny Foreigner having 24 hours off etc.

Rather you than me.

Clean showers,full of foreign motors mainly fridges by the sound of it,I’ll get over it.

All the noisy fridges will have gone now that it’s after 10pm.

It’s been a ■■■■■■■■ since Willi Betz used it as a temp lorry park for his motors, wasn’t the best of places then but when they got moved out after getting the yard at Burton, the place was wrecked, showers were knackered, toilet doors broke, the lorry park still smells of stale ■■■■ on a hot day

Your lucky I see a trailer with 3 big cuts in the side when I was in there early .It was parked out side the shopping area .

Pretty disgusting by the sound of it. Dont know how you lot put up with such ■■■■ services. Boycot has got to be the answer… :bulb:

the maoster:

A real fridge man keeps it rattling.

Q response from tnuk fridge guru.

AndrewG:
Pretty disgusting by the sound of it. Dont know how you lot put up with such [zb] services. Boycot has got to be the answer… :bulb:

Seems like it’s the users are the issue, how do you solve that ?

AndrewG:
Pretty disgusting by the sound of it. Dont know how you lot put up with such [zb] services. Boycot has got to be the answer… :bulb:

But trucks are only catered for (I use that term loosely) because by law they have to be.
MSAs would like nothing better if drivers saw sense, used a bit of initiative and did not park there.
Then they could make more space for cars, hence more customers per sq foot of space = more revenue. :bulb:

the maoster:

No,they carry on throughout the night,trailer changes,lorry,s parking across the front of the rows leaving the engines running,blokes shouting conversations in the middle of the night,it’s good to be home.

One MSA that stands out in memory was Birch (pretty sure anyway) on the M62 many years ago. It really was a complete ■■■■ hole, the toilets were a health hazard. Has it improved or got even worse?

Toddington has to be up in the top 5 of the worst, lorry park is full of ruts, which are either full for pi55 or diluted pi55 if it’s been raining, the electric plug ins are usually taken up by an EE driver whose buddy across the park is kicking off because there’s been a fridge running all night.
They removed the trees and bushes to get rid of the rats, but the little ■■■■■ don’t care they sit on the gravel and look for scran and it could be said they are a tad more socially aware than some of the drivers who would rather squat and take a dump in the field opposite than take a walk to the toilets.
Bottles of driver lucozade thrown in the hedge bottoms, bags of rubbish thrown at the side of the bin because they haven’t got what it takes to try and break it down or find an alternative.
Morning moan over time for coffee

Birch eastbound is still a dump,nothings changed…

I’m putting Southwaite into the mix,toilets freezing and stink,staff are straight out of Royston vasey,look at you gone out when you ask for something,like a coffee!

My boss keeps looking at my expenses form and asking how come I’m the only one that never claims a small fortune every week for parking.
Instead of explaining I should just show him this thread, it pretty much sums it up. [emoji57]

Most of the issues mentioned here don’t seem to be the fault of the service station operator. Wrecked showers, noisy lorry park, stinking of ■■■■, blocked toilets. When drivers act like animals (and many do), it’s not surprising that they are then treated like animals.