Why is selling Adblue emulator not illegal?

GasGas:
No, because it’s a C&U offence Reg 61a (3) 1 to use a vehicle which has been modified in such a way that it no longer complies with the air pollutant standards it was designed to meet. C&U usually isn’t retrospective, but newer vehicles have to meet standards that were current when they went through Type Approval.

I know instances where petrol cars have failed roadside emissions tests, and the owners have had to have them readjusted and put through an MoT emissions test.

Currently DVSA doesn’t have the equipment to do the same with diesels, hence the physical search for ‘devices’. But such is the scale of lawbreaking that’s been revealed you can expect to see such equipment being rolled out at roadside checks and eventually become a required pice of kit for test stations.

The UK government is facing massive fines for poor urban air quality…guess how they are going to fund them■■?

That’s right…pass the pain down the chain by targeting offending vehicles. I suspect that this is just the start.

I think that bit of the C&U was the only bit I did not find. I read it and all the amendments ( at least thought I did ) but must have missed this one somehow.
I guess we are stuck with them sticking their nose in until they get bored and move onto something else ( or the box designers find a more disguised way of fooling the system )