Weekly Rest Query

Hi all. Have looked this up & am pretty sure I’ve got it, but wanted to run it past a few people who may know better first.

Is the following work pattern ok in terms of weekly rest:

Start work Weds at 6am (after finishing 3pm Sat)

Work 6am-3pm Weds, Thurs, Fri, Sat.

FULL WEEKLY REST

Start again Weds at 6am

REDUCED WEEKLY REST

Start work Mon at 6am

Work 6am-3pm Mon, Tues, Wed, (off Thurs), Fri & Sat

REDUCED WEEKLY REST

Start work again Mon at 6am.

A couple of people have said it may be ok due to the extended rest between the Sat & Weds in the middle week, but I was more on the thinking that the “fixed week” thing blows that out & that there would be too many shifts worked between that & the next full 45hr rest period (which wouldn’t be until the Friday afternoon following the final Monday).

Can anybody shed a bit more light on it for me?

In any two consecutive ‘fixed’ weeks a driver must take at least:

2 regular weekly rests or
one regular weekly rest and one reduced weekly rest

A fixed week is Monday 00:00 to Sunday 24:00 and if your full weekly rest is on the Sunday and Monday it can be counted for either week as a full rest.

On the face of it it looks right depending on what you’re doing the week before and the week after the ones you listed.

Start work Weds at 6am (after finishing 3pm Sat) = 87 hours off = 45+42 = regular 45 at the end of the week

FULL WEEKLY REST = 87 hours off = 42+45 = reduced of 42 at the end of the week PLUS regular 45 at the start of next week

Start again Weds at 6am

REDUCED WEEKLY REST = 39 hours off = extra not needed for any week

Start work Mon at 6am

REDUCED WEEKLY REST = 39 hours off = reduced at the end of the week

So far so good :smiley:

next weekly needs to be a regular

waue1978:
Hi all. Have looked this up & am pretty sure I’ve got it, but wanted to run it past a few people who may know better first.

Is the following work pattern ok in terms of weekly rest:

Week 1 Start work Weds at 6am (after finishing 3pm Sat)

FULL WEEKLY REST (Week 1 reduced weekly rest period followed by a regular weekly rest period for week 2 (back to back))

Week 2 Start again Weds at 6am

REDUCED WEEKLY REST (Resets six 24 hour periods, no compensation required)

Week 3. Start work Mon at 6am

REDUCED WEEKLY REST (Reduced weekly rest period for week 3, a regular weekly rest period will be required the following weekend.)

A couple of people have said it may be ok due to the extended rest between the Sat & Weds in the middle week, but I was more on the thinking that the “fixed week” thing blows that out & that there would be too many shifts worked between that & the next full 45hr rest period (which wouldn’t be until the Friday afternoon following the final Monday).
Sorry I don’t know what you mean by the “fixed week thing blows that out” or the too may shifts between that and the next full 45 hour rest period :confused:

Can anybody shed a bit more light on it for me?

The 87 hour rest period that started at 15:00 Saturday can count as a reduced weekly rest period followed by a 45 hours regular weekly rest period for week 3.

With the information given it’s not possible to be to exact, but the above is one way it could be worked out so that it’s legal.

Two replies saying exactly the same within 2 minutes of each other :smiley:

Either we are both ok or we are both numpties … I vote the second :wink: :laughing:

ROG:
Two replies saying exactly the same within 2 minutes of each other :smiley:

Either we are both ok or we are both numpties … I vote the second :wink: :laughing:

I’ll go with that to :wink: :laughing:

Thanks for the input guys - I was getting headaches trying to work out if it was or not, but looks like it probably is. However, working 5 Saturdays in a row over Xmas isn’t nice, so I’ll remove my offer of helping on 23rd to ensure I’m not getting totally done over.